Why am I crashing constantly

Eva Paneer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, FaintOutline said:

Today it is even worse, I just had a TP which threw me back two locations -- and as usual ripped my Avi to pieces.  I may just leave SL for a few weeks, it is really useless right now.

Per the Grid Status page (https://status.secondlifegrid.net/) it should be better

image.png.66cfdfdc5ba09c9fe105b287e6d3db93.png

I thought the problem had been cured, but after 2 or 3  days of trouble free TPing on both FS and Singularity first TP today I got booted.

I had reinstalled both viewers before the trouble free period so I wonder if there is a cumulative cache issue or something causing it, my laptop had gone into overdrive trying to do the ultimately failed TP

Edited by sylvie Gossamer
  • Like 1

Something I noticed while boating (sitting on vehicle).

"Some" sim crossings, my boat (Breezy 9'er by Studio Dora) will ask me if I want to allow it to take controls (llRequestPermissions). It does not happen when 1st sitting, only at some crossings, and randomly..seems. Wether I answer yes, or leave the popup vanish, the boat will still behave normally.

I will not crash anytime it happens. BUT everytime I crash, it happens.

In the case I am crashing, the llRequestPermissions popup will pop repeatedly until the gray screen of death.

Might be useful.. or not xD

Cheers!

Edited by Jo Clip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jo Clip said:

"Some" sim crossings ... will ask me if I want to allow it to take controls (llRequestPermissions). It does not happen when 1st sitting, only at some crossings, and randomly.. ... In the case I am crashing, the llRequestPermissions popup will pop repeatedly until the gray screen of death.

Curiously, I had the same problem but only today, and in a road vehicle. :|

• Thanks 1

I just went sailing. On the third simcrossings I got unseated and crashed. After relog I crashed during  teleport. I am done with all these problems.
Time to stay away from SL for the time being. My interest in SL was already fading lately so a good moment to have a long break.

• Sad 2

• 2 months later...

Is it too late to add to this thread? I've been crashing pretty frequently lately, not just when teleporting. It started with certain sims, but now I'd crash even at my near empty skybox. Crash as in, it would crash my whole PC, not just log me out of SL.

I started on Firestorm 5.1.7  (pre-animesh) and never really crashed. I was even able to take snapshots with my graphics set on Ultra. But around a month ago I started crashing at certain sims. I did a fresh reinstall, upgrading to the new animesh version of Firestorm. Now I'm crashing A LOT, even with the lowest graphics settings. I'm on Windows 10 which I read has some compatibility issues.

Am I the only one experiencing this??  😐

10 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

Is it too late to add to this thread? I've been crashing pretty frequently lately, not just when teleporting. It started with certain sims, but now I'd crash even at my near empty skybox. Crash as in, it would crash my whole PC, not just log me out of SL.

I started on Firestorm 5.1.7  (pre-animesh) and never really crashed. I was even able to take snapshots with my graphics set on Ultra. But around a month ago I started crashing at certain sims. I did a fresh reinstall, upgrading to the new animesh version of Firestorm. Now I'm crashing A LOT, even with the lowest graphics settings. I'm on Windows 10 which I read has some compatibility issues.

Am I the only one experiencing this??  😐

Have you tried a different viewer? Official SL Viewer? Catznip? Kokua? The first thing you should do is determine if it's an SL issue or a Viewer issue. Try a different viewer first to see if the crashing still happens, if not, then perhaps check with the Firestorm support group. If the crashing continues on other viewers then it is likely something amiss with your hardware - check for malware, optimize your system, do whatever maintenance you can, etc.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:55 PM, Alyona Su said:

Have you tried a different viewer? Official SL Viewer? Catznip? Kokua? The first thing you should do is determine if it's an SL issue or a Viewer issue. Try a different viewer first to see if the crashing still happens, if not, then perhaps check with the Firestorm support group. If the crashing continues on other viewers then it is likely something amiss with your hardware - check for malware, optimize your system, do whatever maintenance you can, etc.

Ok I'll give those a try, thank you so much Alyona :)

• 3 months later...

Well, since the thing *is* a recurring problem, why not give user control; add the ability to *manually* trigger that "save current state of attachments" process, which is normally activated by an intentional log off, to the "me" tab, so that after you've changed clothes, applied makeup, marshalled whatever gizmos you do and don't need, and then teleport down to the shops, you can prevent a randomly lazy teleport from undoing all that, without having to relog first. Surely this would entail less run time on the servers than doing a full log off/log on would?

11 hours ago, Rowan Thursday said:

[...] add the ability to *manually* trigger that "save current state of attachments" process, which is normally activated by an intentional log off [...]

Actually you can do it by detaching and reattaching the attachments in need of an update. Mesh body autohide settings, navigation HUDs used for sailing or anything that would require an update. I'm not very regular about it but I do it usually for sailing cruises and it's usually just the body and the Nav HUD anyway, no big deal to do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.