Why am I crashing constantly

Eva Paneer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Resolution is that it was 'Accepted'.  My bet is that this triggers an internal bug that is then assigned and worked.  Since the Status is 'Accepted' rather than Closed, comments can still be added, thus a more recent Updated date.

image.png.3bd9042cebb61b3f99ebcf86dd274e55.png

Afraid not.

I sent in a support ticket about it. Reply is that it has been marked as resolved. I hope it's ok to quote this here, can't see why not:

We did tests with our accounts and alternate accounts and found that none of them were able to submit responses as well on to that case. Upon further inquiry, it appears as though that case was marked as "resolved" by the JIRA team and this is why there are no responses allowed on to that ticket from not just yours, but any accounts.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fluf Fredriksson said:

Afraid not.

I sent in a support ticket about it. Reply is that it has been marked as resolved. I hope it's ok to quote this here, can't see why not:

Whomever did your support ticket is not totally correct.  Not sure what other things contribute to it, but I have added comments to my own tickets after they have been marked Resolved and I have had Lindens add comments after a ticket has been marked as resolved.

One other note - the 'Updated' date will also be modified if anything about the ticket changes, not just comments.  In looking at an old ticket of mine, the Updated date, which is after the Resolved date, is the same date that it was linked to another JIRA -- seen in the History section of the ticket.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Whomever did your support ticket is not totally correct.  Not sure what other things contribute to it, but I have added comments to my own tickets after they have been marked Resolved and I have had Lindens add comments after a ticket has been marked as resolved.

One other note - the 'Updated' date will also be modified if anything about the ticket changes, not just comments.  In looking at an old ticket of mine, the Updated date, which is after the Resolved date, is the same date that it was linked to another JIRA -- seen in the History section of the ticket.

Well maybe the original person who raised the JIRA bug and the Linden's can still comment on it, but nobody else can. I'm just relaying the reply I got from LL. It looks weird to me as well, but don't shoot the messenger. Nobody has commented on it for quite a while though, so it looks like the support ticket reply is "correct enough".

22 minutes ago, Fluf Fredriksson said:

Afraid not.

This is just the way that the JIRA permissions to comment have been set up.
Once a JIRA issue has been imported into LL's internal bug queue, the public bug is marked as "Accepted".
A JIRA issue in an Accepted state can only be commented on by the issue filer and Residents in one of the JIRA groups that have extra JIRA rights (eg TPV developers & Lindens).

The Accepted status technically "Resolves" a JIRA issue but Resolved here does not mean the bug is fixed - it's just a JIRA workflow status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

This is just the way that the JIRA permissions to comment have been set up.
Once a JIRA issue has been imported into LL's internal bug queue, the public bug is marked as "Accepted".
A JIRA issue in an Accepted state can only be commented on by the issue filer and Residents in one of the JIRA groups that have extra JIRA rights (eg TPV developers & Lindens).

The Accepted status technically "Resolves" a JIRA issue but Resolved here does not mean the bug is fixed - it's just a JIRA workflow status.

Ohhhh ok that explains it! Thanks!

Shame I had to raise a support ticket and quote the reply on a forum to find out exactly what's going on, but hey I got there in the end. :)

(Why can't they put that in a FAQ somewhere? And why did it take LL support over a week to figure out they couldn't reply on it either?! We may never know)

• Like 2

Reading the final comment on the JIRA, Henri Beauchamp makes a very cogent point that rather squashes the advent of EEP as the root cause of these disconnects!  So just what is causing them remains a bit of a mystery!  Henri's been around long enough that I tend to accept his analysis.

One thing on your last post MBeatirix, the resolution date is out of sequence so I'd not have any faith in that anyway!  But as ever the JIRA queen Whirly explains what the Lindenese really means.  Now we must "wait and see" whether that "fix" is imported to Main Server, and whether it really helps.

Interestingly, I've been TPing around a fair bit so far today without any disconnects or crashes...o.O

Yes, of course comments are now closed since LL have imported the issue, I should have noticed that, my mistake. :$

Edited by Aishagain

I was okay yesterday for the most part, but I also didn't leave home much.. however today i'm back to timing out and disconnecting when teleporting between sims, and sometimes crossing sim lines. =/ It's not hard to think the issue came on with EEP as even I only started getting these issues when they rolled that update out. It may not be related to EEP, but definitely something in that update.

I've also been running in to sims on the mainland that are.. not there. The map says nothing about them being down(people on them even), and sometimes if I teleport somewhere else and then teleport to that sim it's perfectly fine and there.

Edited by s2Pandora

There is more than a hint of bad temper shown in this thread of late.  It needs to stop.  Yes, we are all fed up with the failure but being rude to one another will help no-one.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MatsukoYamika said:

still waiting on them fixing this. really sick of crashing every 15-20 mins. its pissing me off and im tired of suffering thru this.

If you're using an old version of Singularity, it will crash you roughly every 15mins. Try the new "nightly" updates. If you aren't using Singularity, you have problems. Even with the current mess, you shouldn't be crashing that often.

• Thanks 1

Some other routine stuff seems broken. Diagonally adjacent sims are disappearing again. Sometimes, on login, only about half the objects appear, until you touch them. May or may not be related.

This evening, I tried zipping around Robin Loop on a motorcycle. 13 sim crossings, no problems. Teleported a few places. No problems. Went to Janet's Viking sim, Folkvang, which has experience teleports and many keyframed vehicles. Everything worked there. Set a test mode in Linux which added 1000ms of delay on all network packets. Response was terrible with a full second of lag, but eight region crossings on foot and six teleports all succeeded.

Yet, earlier today, I went to a friend's place for a chat, and when done, clicked "Home" to go back home. Logged out for a teleport failure.

Firestorm logs near teleport failures show many HTTP 404 errors trying to retrieve capabilities, which are little files containing links to other assets. I see more than usual, but those do show up occasionally. That's not right; the sim tells the viewer to go fetch a URL from the sim, and it's not there, indicating some kind of out of sync condition. Others familiar with viewer logs have noticed this.

I just hope this gets fixed, and not merely made to happen slightly less often.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, animats said:

Some other routine stuff seems broken. Diagonally adjacent sims are disappearing again. Sometimes, on login, only about half the objects appear, until you touch them. May or may not be related.

This evening, I tried zipping around Robin Loop on a motorcycle. 13 sim crossings, no problems. Teleported a few places. No problems. Went to Janet's Viking sim, Folkvang, which has experience teleports and many keyframed vehicles. Everything worked there. Set a test mode in Linux which added 1000ms of delay on all network packets. Response was terrible with a full second of lag, but eight region crossings on foot and six teleports all succeeded.

Yet, earlier today, I went to a friend's place for a chat, and when done, clicked "Home" to go back home. Logged out for a teleport failure.

Firestorm logs near teleport failures show many HTTP 404 errors trying to retrieve capabilities, which are little files containing links to other assets. I see more than usual, but those do show up occasionally. That's not right; the sim tells the viewer to go fetch a URL from the sim, and it's not there, indicating some kind of out of sync condition. Others familiar with viewer logs have noticed this.

I just hope this gets fixed, and not merely made to happen slightly less often.

I believe that objects appearing only when touched is a viewer thing. That happens very often when teleporting whithin the same region/parcel from high altitude to the ground, for example.

Another annoying effect of disconnects is that mesh body settings you changed are lost. I mean, it happened to me having changed outfits, and thus setting different alpha cuts than I had for the previous one, so about one hour later I was disconnected during a TP and all changes made were lost. Also logging in at the last place I was put where I had been one hour earlier.

Edited by MBeatrix

More anecdotal stuff.  This relates to sailing (sim borders have same issues as TPs). 

My sense is (based on my own experience) that its worse for race fleets than solo sailing.  That is not inconsistent with a latency issue.  

Also that its much worse in the central part of Blake than either the 'Aegean Channel' (China * heading east) or round Nautilus.  Would be good to see the stats on that.

Also, while this is strirctly speaking a different issue, Iv noticed an increased number of "falling off" problems (Avi "separates" from boat at sim crossing).   This is an old problem but until last couple of weeks I wasnt much affected by it.   Interestingly the detachment does NOT trigger a changed event in the boat.

Speaking of Firestorm logs ...

Yes I see a TON of warning messages (that look more like errors to me!).   It's absolutely staggering the volume of them.   An hour of sailing generates a log file over 1.5 MB (last night , 3.7 MB) which is a LOT of text msgs.   An awful lot seem to relate to http issues of one sort or another.  Packets our of sync, 404 errors, bad asset type, yadd yadda yadda.
cef_log also has stuff like
[0412/013705.830:ERROR:cache_util.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Firestorm_x64\cef_cache\Cache to C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Firestorm_x64\cef_cache\old_Cache_000
[0412/013705.830:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(169)] Unable to create cache

Is there any sort of info anywhere on which messages actually matter?

On 4/12/2019 at 12:01 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Not really. Most of the scary sounding warnings & errors in logs are totally normal though.

Which does rather beg the question!   (Think about it - erorrs are normal....)

I do wonder about the resources involved in all those errors.   Not so much the writing of the error log (but that builds up - my session legs get to about 3 MB which is a LOT oftext) ... as the processing involved in detecting the error and taking whatever exception code etc.

Inventory asset corruption seems more common now too. I had to delete my head and feet and start them from afresh because other people couldn't see them any more. A couple of friends had to remake their whole avatars from redeliveries in the last few weeks.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, twdsurvivors said:

seems the tping is getting a bit better but im still getting logged out every 20 mins. not sure when they will finally fix this whole thing but getting logged out every 20 mins is starting to get old quick.

Are you using Singularity?
Singularity has a bug that causes disconnects every 15-20 minutes.
They have a fix for this bug in their latest nightly viewer, which you can download here: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

Inventory asset corruption seems more common now too. I had to delete my head and feet and start them from afresh because other people couldn't see them any more. A couple of friends had to remake their whole avatars from redeliveries in the last few weeks.

This is getting beyond a joke... My body keeps loosing the settings after each TP failure.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.