[Unsolved] Can't start game?

Senedo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Beginning this morning, at about 0800 EST, I began having the same problem.

I run a Windows 7 64-bit system with a GeForce GTX 260M CUDA graphics card.

All drivers were recently updated, as was Quicktime and Adobe Flashplayer (Flash this morning on auto-update).

Any idea? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Senedo, since you can reliably reproduce the crash I think you should create an issue in jira for it. This is a rather odd problem that I've never hear of, or experienced when I was running Ubuntu 10.10, now 11.4.

When creating the issue be shure to include your environment info, which you can get by starting the viewer and going to Help -> About SecondLife. As well as the details about how you can start the viewer from the terminal but not the menu entry. Also attach all of the log files from after the viewer crash. If you're worried about privacy you can mark them as readable only by lindens.

1.) That is exe meaning it is for Micrsofot, and as I said around the first page, I already made the program work for Windows, but I am now having the problem getting The Linux version to Work for mu Ubuntu.

i just have one question, if you already have it working on your windows pc, why would you want it to work on a linux one aswell?... plus have you tried contact the Lindens via ticket so they can guide you through the proper way of setting it up, as most people on here would probably not have encountered such a problem....

• 1 month later...

If you ..."hate" Windows...you have to face the concequences. Try to learn your operating system you use first of all!

By the way Phoenix viewer (Firestorm lately) has many issues with all kind of OS including MS Windows.

Google it your issue and search to other sites and  forums. You might find a solution to any problem you have, if you make a good research.

• 2 weeks later...

I know. While I know how to Run the common/standards of both Linux AND Windows. I am just not good at programs(Which is why I went to computer programming classes). Though I know more than enough to keep both kinds of systems up-to-date, and run like they are suppose to, but with the Windows computer ALWAYS needs constant work on, even when all my security (Norton, AVG, ClamAV, and Macfe) all says my computer is safe and risk free.

I don't use Pheonix anymore. Not even on my Windows computer, I just play SL without a third part viewer, and it works fine there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.