Does SL consist of multiple parallel universes?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Something weird happens, and its not the first time i have experienced it.

-Imagine i use a white dress from creator "A"
-Then i detach it and replace it with a black dress from creator B. After 30 minutes being online i crash. ("you have been logged out, bla bla bla")
-When i login again, i suddenly wear the white dress i used at the beginning.

I've had that happen, though not recently (and not with dresses, I don't wear those). It just means that when you crashed, it didn't save the last thing you were wearing.

It sometimes happen if you switch viewers too. For example, wear outfit A in viewer A, then log out or crash. Log back in with viewer B, change to outfit B, then log out or crash. Log back in with viewer A, you're still wearing outfit A.

that bug came to me in cooperation with the teleport bug - after a crash my HUDs would turn back to the state when I last logged on, not how I had them when I crashed - no fun in scripted HUD hunts LOL

Edited by Fionalein

As has been mentioned before, when your viewer crashes it doesn't go through the logging out procedure which saves things you've changed since the last log out.  Therefore, when you log back in after crashing it uses the information from the last correct log out.

In order to reduce the chance of certain things not being saved, ie. modding clothing or HUDs, I usually detach the item after modding, wait a few seconds and then attach it again. This then updates the change, which is not undone should the viewer crash before I log out.

5 hours ago, CheriColette said:

I like the idea that there are, SL multiple parallel universes  😵

Oh dear, we have strayed off topic just a bit! Thanks for bringing us back on target, Cheri.

I've recently noticed that there is a parallel universe between SL working correctly, and SL working incorrectly. Has anybody else noticed this?

/me ducks rapidly

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.