Slowness, disconnections and labored teleporting.

Rykel Kharg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The activities of my avatar are running slow and laggy (and in some environments ultra-slow)  – absolutely fatal for any sort of gaming activity.  And the two viewers that I use have considerable difficulty in teleporting.  Pheonix Firestorm is not as severely affected as Singularity, in fact at present the latter usually does not allow teleporting at all.  With moving avatars and teleporting, after a certain time has elapsed both viewers involuntarily disconnect and log out. Occasionally the system simply crashes.  In the case of Singularity, and even when my avatar is stationary and unmoving, it disconnects after a relatively short time.  I have run various tests and implemented various measures, but nothing has resolved these problems thus far.  The tests and measures I have tried include speed test, packet loss test, removing dust from the internal components and fan, relogging, turning the router off for 2 mins and on again, trying a different power socket for the router, lowering the network bandwidth setting, disabling RLV, disabling the firewall (viewer whitelisting), checking and lowering the avatar script number, flushing DNS.  The computer is directly connected to the router using an ethernet cable.  And I am using the default router supplied by my internet service provider, and am wondering if this is screwing up things. Would it be a good idea to get a new router? Any insights or suggestions will be gratefully received. My computer’s information data:  

OS Name        Microsoft Windows 10 Pro  (Version 10.0.17134)

Manufacturer  Hewlett-Packard

System Type   x64-based PC

System SKU   H6N49AA#ABG

Processor        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logic Processors

BIOS Version  AMI 80.07, 5/09/2013

SMBIOS              Version       2.7

Embedded Controller Version            255.255

BIOS Mode     UEFI

Platform Role  Desktop

Secure Boot State   On

PCR7 Configuration   Binding Not Possible

System Directory   C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device       \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Total Memory 15.9 GB

Available Memory     12.2 GB

Total Virtual Memory     18.3 GB

Available Virtual Memory     13.9 GB

Page File Space            2.38 GB

Page File         C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection             Off

Virtualization-based security    Not enabled

Device Encryption Support -   Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed - device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable.

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions     Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions     Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware            No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Average roundtrip time     23 ms

Packet loss    0 %

Speedtest    Ping time  213 ms,  Download 45.83 Mbps, Upload 13.38 Mbps

2 answers to this question

Posted by Whirly Fizzle in the General Discussion forum yesterday:

There is a potential fix for the teleport disconnects that was rolled to all 3 RC servers today - BlueSteel, Magnum & LeTigre.
Is anyone still able to reproduce the teleport disconnects when TPing between two RC regions?
If all goes well with this potential fix, I expect it will be rolled to the main channel regions next Tuesday.

NOTE!
If you are a Singularity viewer user, there is another bug affecting Singularity that is causing a disconnect ~ every 15 minutes &/or teleport disconnects.
This is a separate bug with a different cause to the one filed at BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS
Singularity have a proposed fix for this Singularity specific bug in their latest viewer build that can be downloaded here: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/
As far as I'm aware this Singularity fix will not fix the main TP disconnect bug that's affecting all viewers though.

• Like 1

I have found by trial and error that reducing complexity to zero improves the ability to teleport, which is less labored and less prone to crashing (provided one does not mind seeing jellydolls).  I have also found Cool VC to be generally better and faster with teleports than Firestorm or Singularity. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.