Resolution change after viewer update

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I just upgraded to LL viewer 6.2.0.525891 today and now SL is displaying with the wrong resolution (menus and such take up way more space on-screen than they should).  I looked on the Graphics tab in Preferences and I don't see a way to adjust it. You used to be able to reset it to default.  Please help.

Edit: I found the reset button after moving my Windows taskbar, but I still don't see a way to change the resolution

Edited by Leander Philbin

I have the same problem since the SL viewer update yesterday. Menues and suchlike seem to be about 50 % larger. While I like the now-larger font in the chat window, the fact that the chat window now obscures about 1/4 of my screen window is a right PITA :(. When you add in the other larger menues..over 50 % of my window is now un watchable :( I've tried un-successfully to solve this, to no avail  Help please ?

Edited by Freyfaxi Pfalz

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  I found the solution.  It's not resolution after all, but UI size. Go to Me>Preferences>Advanced and check it, it should be around 1.00.  Move the slider and click OK until things start to look normal (assuming you're able to see the OK button at the bottom of the dialog box).  Mine was set to 1.5 by default, so 50% to high.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Freyfaxi Pfalz said:

I figured it was the UI size as mentioned above..but my problem is I can't move the window up on the screen to actually SEE the OK button to click on it to save the change to 1.00 :( Any hints ?

Launch the viewer to the login screen.
Provided your login information has been saved, just hit the ENTER key on keyboard to login (if you can't see the Login button)
Once logged in, use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R  to reset the UI size to default.

Does that fix it?

Edited by Whirly Fizzle

Ok, I reduced the interface size in the preferences. First, I couldn't save the changes because the "save" button wasn't even showing on my screen, but I went into the advanced graphic settings and clicked "save", and then the changes were registered. Now, my commands are super tiny (see picture), but at least I can see the World properly.

Capture d'écran 2019-04-06 00.39.00.png

19 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Launch the viewer to the login screen.
Provided your login information has been saved, just hit the ENTER key on keyboard to login (if you can't see the Login button)
Once logged in, use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R  to reset the UI size to default.

Does that fix it?

Are you sure it's a bug ? I got the same problem with the secondlife viewer. but i use bigger font on windows and UI = 1.5 in the viewer. Because this 'bug' i now could lower the UI scale slider to around 1.0 and that only fix more problems then it create.

8 hours ago, Idrisse Stenvaag said:

Ok, I reduced the interface size in the preferences. First, I couldn't save the changes because the "save" button wasn't even showing on my screen, but I went into the advanced graphic settings and clicked "save", and then the changes were registered. Now, my commands are super tiny (see picture), but at least I can see the World properly.

Capture d'écran 2019-04-06 00.39.00.png

You may want to increase the UI size slightly so the UI is a comfortable size on your screen.
Me -> Preferences -> Advanced -> UI Size.
Increase it in very small increments until the UI is a comfortable size.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richardus Raymaker said:

Are you sure it's a bug ? I got the same problem with the secondlife viewer. but i use bigger font on windows and UI = 1.5 in the viewer. Because this 'bug' i now could lower the UI scale slider to around 1.0 and that only fix more problems then it create.

There is a fix coming...
https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-bear/commits/f9168a96a45ed5f95bffe906060c57694a2b49ae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.