So many windlights, how to find the best?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I use Firestorm, and it has lots and lots of nice windlights.

Too many. I get tired of scrolling up and down. Is it possible, when I find a setting that looks "wow" to bookmark it or make a smaller list of favorite windlights? I want Nam's skin and prim for everyday dressing and building, but if I should remember that "Lords of Bazom" (or something like that) had a cool effect, I must scroll, scroll, scroll and then scroll again to get back to Nam's skin and prim.

Is there a solution for that, a way to save my favorite windlights and get to them quick?

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So I use Firestorm, and it has lots and lots of nice windlights.

Too many. I get tired of scrolling up and down. Is it possible, when I find a setting that looks "wow" to bookmark it or make a smaller list of favorite windlights? I want Nam's skin and prim for everyday dressing and building, but if I should remember that "Lords of Bazom" (or something like that) had a cool effect, I must scroll, scroll, scroll and then scroll again to get back to Nam's skin and prim.

Is there a solution for that, a way to save my favorite windlights and get to them quick?

They are saved in alphabetical order following those rules:

- if the name start with empty space, then  it goes first - so you can save all your favorites on the top of the list by adding one spacebar click on the beginning of the name.

- its CapsLock sensitive, so if you need on the top even two lists (for the example: 1/ for dressing & shopping, 2/ for taking pictures), you can create one list by:

spaceNamewithcapitalletter

and the other by:

spacenamewithsmallletter

WL.png.a693849f1fe872c43383e1d9a4751216.png

If you would need, you can create bottom list as well, by saving the WL with small letter on the beginning of name without adding space, I think all originals are with capital letters, so it should go on the bottom of entire list.

WL2.png.4ce87a3c59de8c8c4ddcbd846aa75f6d.png

• Like 5

On 4/4/2019 at 7:05 PM, loverdag said:

They are saved in alphabetical order following those rules:

- if the name start with empty space, then  it goes first - so you can save all your favorites on the top of the list by adding one spacebar click on the beginning of the name.

- its CapsLock sensitive, so if you need on the top even two lists (for the example: 1/ for dressing & shopping, 2/ for taking pictures), you can create one list by:

spaceNamewithcapitalletter

and the other by:

spacenamewithsmallletter

WL.png.a693849f1fe872c43383e1d9a4751216.png

If you would need, you can create bottom list as well, by saving the WL with small letter on the beginning of name without adding space, I think all originals are with capital letters, so it should go on the bottom of entire list.

WL2.png.4ce87a3c59de8c8c4ddcbd846aa75f6d.png

I love it, it is exactly what I wanted. ❤️

Now the selected ones is on top, no need to scroll up and down in the list. I have the Nams skin and prim on top now, with 4 others, so there is no need to scroll like crazy.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:17 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

World -> Photo & Video -> Phototools.

You can search within the WL sky box in the WL tab of phototools.
You can add a toolbar button for Phototools for quick access.

Yes, I have the Phototools there, but the list is just as long. The trick from @loverdagsent my preferred windlights on top of the list there too. No matter if I access windlight from Quick Preferences, from Sky, or from Phototools. They are on top, no scrolling needed!

Ah, if all things that annoys me could be solved so fast. 💖

• 1 year later...

Note for folks that haven't been paying close attention but EEP is out and so for the most part this question is no longer important. Happily the LIBRARY (at least in the Linden viewer) had the included  old Windlights converted and put into CATEGORIES. Very helpful. You now use the setting as assets from within the inventory.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.