Sign in to follow this  
Venus Petrov

So I have this friend....

@Ellsheva,  /me chuckles

I would be flabbergasted if he went Gorean or started messing with Dolcett.  I think these things are contrary to his 'soul' whether it be housed in a human pixel image or a furry pixel image.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Are we almost neighbors? Those are some awesome photos you have posted.  Of course, these things are personal choices.  It is just that this one will take a bit of getting used to for me.  Whether or not I 'go fur' at some point is anyone's guess, but it probably will be later than sooner.

Venus,

I understand totally what an emotional experience this can be.  Confusing. Alluring. Shocking.  These are normal reactions for anyone with a strong human identity.  I encourage you to not rush into anything.  Take it slow.  Maybe just dip your "toe" in the water.

May I suggest (totally your call naturally), just lay off the shaving and waxing for a week or two and see how it "feels".

If you don't feel comfy with a bit of stuble or a 5 day growth, you can easily take it off again.

Either way just know I'm here for you and you have friends.

Ags

Elisheva Sopwith wrote:

I think Cheetarah from the Thundercats and Minerva the Minx from Animaniacs are single pawedly responsible for
all
current day furries.

Who and who?

Aww Ags, thank you for the kind words of advice and support.  Your suggestions re: going without shaving for a week or so...well, I really cannot because that is something my human side is waaaay too accustomed to doing!! /me laughs

I like my smooooth skin!

Elisheva Sopwith wrote:

I think Cheetarah from the Thundercats and Minerva the Minx from Animaniacs are single pawedly responsible for all current day furries...

Unless you grew up in England:

bunny.gif

I did grow up in England. I forgot about the Cadbury's bunny. Yes, her too.

Kelli May wrote:

Elisheva Sopwith wrote:

I think Cheetarah from the Thundercats and Minerva the Minx from Animaniacs are single pawedly responsible for all current day furries...

Unless you grew up in England:

bunny.gif

Tilts her head... Venus you surprise me... I am an alt of an occasional poster here.  Why are you so surprised?  Wearing an avatar that is non-human can be freeing and fun and doesn't everyone liked to be petted and stroked?  I like to play furry sometimes, for many reasons.

I admit that I have a furry side. I spent about 3 or 4 months as a furry and also a neko and loved it. I changed back to human because I wanted to wear other clothes and go into a certain type of business so I just suddenly stopped. I still have my furry avis and even dress up in them from time to time. I also love going neko and I think of it as the tween image from human and furry so I get the best of both worlds. I say let your friend enjoy his furriness while he can. SL is all about exploring and enjoying new things that we can't do in RL.

Ahh...I had a "friend" go through this same load of stuff about a year ago v-v She got into the Furry fandom and then tried to convince me it was cool. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against furries or people who are into that but please, I wish people would keep thier "fandoms" to themselves and not try to convert others into it like some kind of religion.

Personally I do not have a furry side. Yes I do have 2 "anthro" avatars...Mainly just my Dragon, and a Werewolf avatar but they're just for fun and honestly, I wear my human avatars more then them.

If he really wants to try out an anthro avatar, tell him he can just get the avatar...he doesn't have to embrace the fandom to wear one :/ I sure as hell didn't. I mean...I've only been on SL for 2 or less months now? I don't even know...but I still consider myself a "human" player even though I have Dinosaurs, Robots, Mutants and Antrho avatars hanging around.

BUT, if he really wants to join the furryfandom...I'd say let him do it as much of a pain it might be. I had to do that with my friend even though I couldn't stand it. She let me enjoy what I enjoy and I did the same for her v-v

On a lighter note, Alot of my friends on SL are furries and quite honestly, they're some of the most open people I've met so far.