Eyes

dann87

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey everyone can someone please try help me with my eyes I have a catwa head and I’ve tried too edit my eyes in the appearance I tried too edit them and try the eyes hud for catwa head but nothing seem too make them look better as they look so small and his eye lids look weird also too .. thanks 

1DF23C82-ABEF-49D7-9C30-6FBFD8E7695F.jpeg

3 answers to this question

it sounds very unlogical, but your eyelids are, for editting, also connected to sliders in the system hair ( often also called browshape) it uses the normal appearance tool to be edited, also brows can often be adjusted more there than just in the "body" editing.
Also for your eyelids ... the skin has a huge influence, it can be a pain to get strange shadows and lines away.

Your eyeopening should be posible to edit with the normal sliders, but check if perhaps your shape isn't mod.
The eyes themselve delivered with the head are "rigged" so position is locked, thats one setting you can't change.

• Like 1

Catwa eyes can be quite squinty or end up a weird sideways S shape.

As Ethan says, brows on your hair lifts the outside corner. Brow shape will adjust the shape of the eye too. Then the anime/width will help make big adjustments + eye bags and upper eyelid fold also help un-squint them.

I suggest you get some unrigged mesh eyes from Avi Glam (by Kendra Parfort) or another aftermarket mesh eye maker so that you can also edit them up and down, this also helps you undo some of the other rigging issues of that brand as you make the eyes open up more.

Some sliders that might help are eyelid fold, puffy eyelids, inner/outer corner (try bringing both of those down a bit).  Upper cheeks slider also has an impact on eye shape. Ethan is right about the system hairbase too; try raising the eyebrow height and arc.

But the usable range on the sliders for most  Catwa heads are very limited; go too far in either direction and they distort horribly, the heads just aren't made for significant alterations.  (I noticed it in particular with Shaheen which has very narrow eyes) and there really isn't a great deal you can do besides switch to a head that's made with different shaped eyes (like their new one, Dude, which has much wider eyes).

Edited by Matty Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.