What did you people DO to sim crossings?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours riding around aimlessly, first in a little space ship, and then in a fidgety little sports car on the most treacherous roads on the grid, the Kama City streets with their intersections at 4 way sim borders and medians straddling them.

I didn't crash or lose the vehicles even once, even while going out of my way to breach those borders.  OK, so I "crashed" the car a few times because its script had fidgety steering, but never had to rez a new one or get out of it. I know you all have been making incremental changes, but this was outstanding. Even the rubberbanding at those sim edges was minimal, except for one region that has an extremely popular club in it.

Whatever it is you all are doing, can we have more of that? It's tasty. Thanks!

I do not think that it is a fluke, I can repeat this on other parts of the grid too, with my vehicle interest revived.

It is probably good to note that if I try this on very old hardware, the results are not as good with many more glitches. That is to be expected, even if the server is doing everything right.

• 2 weeks later...

My recent experiences have not been so good. I've experienced some quite extreme rubber-banding and wild shifts of direction when sim-crossing in a vehicle. Though I also see some significant differences between vehicles, from which I infer that a vehicle's script usage is important. Things such as twitchy steering have other causes: I'm not in North America and trans-oceanic ping times may be part of the problem.

I'm looking forward to the latest round of RC upgrades, if only because they might make a difference. It seems a very recent problem. But things don't crash so often. This morning alone I've managed to rubber-band by some 2000m (not a typo, that is two thousand) and after the snap-back I was able to continue.

But I was able to drive a vehicle fairly reliably, a year ago, and I think the current experience is worse now. A viewer crash doesn't break the immersion in the same way as this rubber-banding does. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sim crossings are still working very, very well for me. There are some bounces but no crashes and none of the old caught in outer space thing. I have been taking the tours of all the mainland roads that were next to impossible to complete before. This little ramps that lead off the roads used to look silly to me because nobody used vehicles, now I am glad there were all those hopelessly optimistic people. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.