Can't open second life

Rik Nirvana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

17 answers to this question

You're right.  WIn7 should recognize SL as a 32-bit program and adjust properly.  You might try giving it a gentle nudge manually. Find the Second Lifeprogram icon on your hard drive and right click on it.  Select Properties >> Compatability. In that window, click the box to set compatabilty and then indicate in the pull-down menu that you want it to treat SL as if you were running XP.  That ought to make it pay attention.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your quick response, I appreciate it.

This is what I receive from SL;

Second life is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them.

I also tried running it in XP mode in properties. No effect as well.

Specs are not needed because it worked when I had SL on my windows XP (on the same computer).

I did try this Rolig Loon, but this was without any other effect. Posted my "error message" before this one, but thanks for the quick response. But now my previous message is also gone missing so I'm kinda done with second life. Good weather anyways, so maybe I'll try it again in fall or something. Cheerio folks have fun.

SL requires so much more of our computers and connections than just about anything else, it is very possible to not to have any problem elsewhere and for SL to just refuse to work. I would definately try reinstalling the drivers, it has proved to be the problem for many people before. It can`t hurt :)

Peewee's right. SL is a real bandwidth hog and, unlike almost any game that you might download to your computer, Sl needs to pass data back and forth between its servers and your computer continuously. If that data stream is interrupted for even a second or less, you can have TP and rezzing problems, appearance issues, or crash. Almost all the time, the problem is on the client end. Definitely reinstall up-to-date drivers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.