Way off topic ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw a banner ad for tires on another site:
"Sure it’s just another tire. Like the Pacific Coast Highway is just another scenic drive."
Does that mean they are unsafe at high speeds?
Pretty to look at but poor traction on wet curves?

Maybe they shoud rethink the slogan :D

Since this is the "Way Off Topic" thread, I'll add one of my own that I saw last night:-

I'd just finished watching a recording and my tv reverted to the channel I'd been on. There was gameshow on called, "The One Million Pound Drop" in which a couple starts with £1,000,000 and is asked questions, each with a choice of answers. The couple have to place the money on the answer they think is correct. They can split the money over several answers if they are not sure. Money placed on a wrong answer is lost. Money placed on the right answer is kept. The objective is to have as much money left as they can after 8 questions. So...

I started watching when a couple had only £75,000 left. The money is in £25k bundles so they only had 3 bundles to place on answers. The question was, "What was Roger Bannister the first man to do in 1954?" They were given 3 possible answers:- "Go into space", "Run a mile in under 4 minutes" and "Put the toilet seat down". Incredibly, they actually put £50k (2/3 of their money) on the 3rd answer - "Put the toilet seat down".

I can understand many people not knowing that he was the first man to break the 4 minute mile barrier, but the first man to put the toilet seat down???

I think it's likely that the males of either side of that couple never heard of putting the toilet seat down.  So they just assumed that no male in the history of mankind ever put the seat down?

Or they were financially suicidal. If that's the case, they were better off without the money to lose :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Raudf Fox wrote:

I think it's likely that the males of either side of that couple never heard of putting the toilet seat down.  So they just assumed that no male in the history of mankind ever put the seat down?

Maybe none of them, male or female, had ever seen a toilet seat in the down position and were so overcome by the revelation it could go down that it completely overwhelmed their senses.

OK, I was just thinking that this is not so off topic that it couldn't have gone into the Lifestyles sub-forum.

But then this other thought crossed my mind.  I wonder if a thread on the toilets of Second Life would survive moderation?  Dare I try?

The story of people betting money on the guy being "the first to put the tiolet seat down" reminds me that people will pay money to go to a music concert and then stand and heckle the guys on stage lol. If you hate the music, why lose hearing going there to get to the front and then flip the guy off and heckle?

lol. I mean, they where not wanting it and the band was not seeing as the culture...just one idiot spending more money so he can flip the guy off!

Plus, there was a story of a prince, king to be, getting beat up. The guy just wanted to say he kicked the king and was tougher or "harder" then he was one day!! Pathetic, strange and then there is this...well, now they can tell the story to thier grandkids who will look at thier college debts and say "thanks for wasting the money, it is not like we need it" in a very sarcastic tone and also feel like not bothering dropping buy for holiday seasons due to needing to work to pay all their bills off!

After a rude awakening like that, I didn't need a cup of coffee the next morning.  *sigh*  Couldn't even blame it on the hubby.  I had been cleaning the thing and forgot to put it back down.  At least it was clean when I fell in :matte-motes-bashful:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.