regioncrossingfailnewmsg.thumb.png.c3f92fa7be441af8e28661dd0edaf367.png

Never saw this error message before. Is this a new message?

This was just from trying to walk across. With a vehicle, I lost three bikes, and the guy on my right lost a car. Teleported in, but then couldn't get out.

Bogoatanta region seems to be badly broken. Sent in a "region offline" ticket.

Apparently , to the latest news (shall I say gossip ?) a builder heard, it's the EEP that is totally wrecking the sim crossings, so if they carry on that STUPID enhancing sky thingy, avas won't be able to cross sims correctly again after. SO for BENEFITS reasons, apparently LL has decided to sacrifice sailing/flying in SL...  Time will confirm (or not)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

Apparently , to the latest news (shall I say gossip ?) a builder heard, it's the EEP that is totally wrecking the sim crossings, so if they carry on that STUPID enhancing sky thingy, avas won't be able to cross sims correctly again after. SO for BENEFITS reasons, apparently LL has decided to sacrifice sailing/flying in SL...  Time will confirm (or not)

I heard through a friend of a friend who knows a builder who knows someone who knows a Linden that the real cause of the problem is a rabid pack of escaped Meeroos that got into the server room & chewed through the teleport cables.

1903806627_Weknowthetruth.jpg.a886b1b083f80db8335a39a90349db29.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

XEXEXE :)  I know rigt...  This is why I precised "gossip".

We'd like to hear more OFFICIAL positions and comments DIRECTLY from LL staff. That would cut gossips and precise many things needed to be.

17 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

XEXEXE :)  I know rigt...  This is why I precised "gossip".

We'd like to hear more OFFICIAL positions and comments DIRECTLY from LL staff. That would cut gossips and precise many things needed to be.

Go to Server User Group meeting at noon SLT on Tuesday. It's in Denby sim. This will be discussed.

On 4/6/2019 at 7:46 PM, animats said:

Go to Server User Group meeting at noon SLT on Tuesday. It's in Denby sim. This will be discussed.

Sorry but at noon SLT I very rarely can be connected. Timezones...

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 10:37 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

To disable sky rendering, activate the Advanced menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+D.
Advanced -> Rendering Types -> Untick sky (or use shortcut CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+6 to toggle sky rendering on & off).
With sky rendering disabled (you will just see black sky), teleport about using landmarks or the world map - do you still get disconnected?

i disabled the sky and testing on foot. regardless if this helps or not think im going to keep the sky disabled from now on, the black skybox reminds me that sl is still just a virtual world.

Teleported to afew places using my fav bar and seems to be fine now. i noticed that the problems usually happens during sl day so ill keep testing. also ran from Hugues down to the bottom of Satori along route 8, no issues now.

Was night an hour ago when i did the test with no issues, now its day, sky still disabled and i crashed, logged back in to the spot i last logged in at.
So i think sl day is what is causing the issue related to EEP since this never happened till EEP got rolled out to the main channels.

Edited by VenKellie
test results

I'm encouraged that we're now seeing more messages when teleports and region crossings fail. This may indicate better fault detection code sim side. One of LL's biggest problems is that they don't have enough useful information about what happened when something went wrong. The first step is to detect faults automatically and log enough info to analyze the problem.

The solution to that is responding to tickets, having avas inworld and being closer to players. Not many think about this forum for example. Setting up mailbox and an information booth in a place like, I dunno, BARBAROSSA ISLAND on Blake Sea for example (as it's supposed to be an info hub actually) could be a good thing to do. They wold get direct issues and the infoub could deliver LL answers directly when clicking.

MORE THAN A MONTH now that TPs crash us all the time and sim crossings do the same or are just terrible and still, NOTHING gets better...