Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Disconnects are (for the most part) network related.

Yes, but to be fair, EEP does change sim-viewer messaging, so it could theoretically trigger network disconnects. I do, however, very much doubt it's the culprit here.

And frankly, except to folks helping troubleshoot, it makes no damn difference one way or another.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since friday march 30 2019 i been having teleport failures and sim crossing crashes.
on the latest firestorm. 6.0.2 i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been interesting feedback from some users affected by these teleport disconnects, but not enough yet to know if this is actually a thing.
Some users are saying that if they disable sky rendering, they no longer get disconnect on teleport.

Can those of you who can easily reproduce the teleport disconnects try disabling sky rendering & see if that fixes the problem?
To disable sky rendering, activate the Advanced menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+D.
Advanced -> Rendering Types -> Untick sky (or use shortcut CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+6 to toggle sky rendering on & off).
With sky rendering disabled (you will just see black sky), teleport about using landmarks or the world map - do you still get disconnected?

Please test this with normal teleports, not crossing regions on a vehicle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd vote for testing the crossing on a vehicle, especially on sailboats, since that is an essential part of sailors lifestyle.

This disconnection during a sailing race is really a Showstopper. So the priority for me and many other sailors is rather crossing on vehicle than a TP.

I'm still on testing it with Sky on/off. No reliable results yet... i'm still testing.

...just my 2 cents...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are bored with TPs and sim crossing issues, and it's NOT because of their connection or anything coming from them, or they all would have had it since ages, which is NOT the case, it recent, i dunno if it has something  (or not) to do with EEP thingy and I don't give a petal to be honest, all I see is because of these constant issues, SL is emptying, and very fast recently

https://gyazo.com/08fa9b9eaf49e895a1915e134d411ef5

I've NEVER seen such a few people on today, even during unscheduled maintainance sessions.

DO SOMETHING !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is, its better to focus on making things stable and reliable before focus on new shiny fancy and possibly crashy stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmm, now why oh why would user concurrency be down on a Tuesday... I wonder.... 

Couldn't have anything at all to do with rolling restarts, now could it? Especially not 14 or so hours ago... 

Oh wait...

Imagine that... 

Welcome to Second Life. This isn't anything new to those of us that have been here for over a decade. 

Is there a problem? Probably. Are the low concurrency numbers you screen captured related? Not likely. 

Edited by Solar Legion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, HP Darcy said:

 

Fine, so Flower Power ( Aethelwine ), Topless Sailors 'event manager' says the simborder crossings are improving! :) 

 

And topic starter Malifax 'cruise manager' said something completly different, the opposite :) 

I give up. Goodbye. Monday I have my new video card,.. The hell with the problems, they'are there'/'are there not'. Lol. Have fun ! 

If you re-read what I said you should realise I wasn't contradicting Malifax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, Aethelwine said:

and up until two weeks ago it had become a rarity.

Indeed sorry Flower, I did not see this. 

I do see in other reactions people find it normal that sim-crossing don't work well (never did, bla). They are not aware SL is a great sailing simulator, used by many. These people have never been sailing in Secondlife. I can advice them to try it once, and they maybe never leave.   

I do find it strange that the important Estate holders on the East side of the Blake Sea - witch some have a RL income out of it-  are nowhere to find in times of trouble. They don't even know there is something wrong going on, on there property. We are informing them, in the hope they put some pressure on LindenLabs, who are not informing anybody: the opposite of a transparent entrepreneur. Very sad.

Third, for those who experience SL mainland as a property you might as well abandon because it's worth nothing (...) This is different with the mainland coast sims around the Blake Sea. Those sims are sold (atm) for 1.200.000 L$ each. For your information that is 4780 USD (and don't forget your monthly tier). 

>>> LindenLabs is treating there costumers like *****. 

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Hmm, now why oh why would user concurrency be down on a Tuesday... I wonder.... 

Couldn't have anything at all to do with rolling restarts, now could it? Especially not 14 or so hours ago... 

Oh wait...

Imagine that... 

Welcome to Second Life. This isn't anything new to those of us that have been here for over a decade. 

Is there a problem? Probably. Are the low concurrency numbers you screen captured related? Not likely. 

No even on rolling restart days it's a VERY low number

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HP Darcy said:

Indeed sorry Flower, I did not see this. 

I do see in other reactions people find it normal that sim-crossing don't work well (never did, bla). They are not aware SL is a great sailing simulator, used by many. These people have never been sailing in Secondlife. I can advice them to try it once, and they maybe never leave.   

I do find it strange that the important Estate holders on the East side of the Blake Sea - witch some have a RL income out of it-  are nowhere to find in times of trouble. They don't even know there is something wrong going on, on there property. We are informing them, in the hope they put some pressure on LindenLabs, who are not informing anybody: the opposite of a transparent entrepreneur. Very sad.

Third, for those who experience SL mainland as a property you might as well abandon because it's worth nothing (...) This is different with the mainland coast sims around the Blake Sea. Those sims are sold (atm) for 1.200.000 L$ each. For your information that is 4780 USD (and don't forget your monthly tier). 

>>> LindenLabs is treating there costumers like *****. 

     

I will speak of that with SURREAL and ANSHEX.com, and see if they can yell at LL. Every bit helps after all...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i sail and fly and am tired of being logged out all the time. slowly but surely i lose my lust and joy. it has been so extreme for about three weeks now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a potential fix for the teleport disconnects that was rolled to all 3 RC servers today - BlueSteel, Magnum & LeTigre.
Is anyone still able to reproduce the teleport disconnects when TPing between two RC regions?
If all goes well with this potential fix, I expect it will be rolled to the main channel regions next Tuesday.

NOTE!
If you are a Singularity viewer user, there is another bug affecting Singularity that is causing a disconnect ~ every 15 minutes &/or teleport disconnects.
This is a separate bug with a different cause to the one filed at BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS
Singularity have a proposed fix for this Singularity specific bug in their latest viewer build that can be downloaded here: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/
As far as I'm aware this Singularity fix will not fix the main TP disconnect bug that's affecting all viewers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm Testing the TP  Between Tieut to Bombyx. It's Fine. next is Bombyx is Tieut. it's work very well. the 3rd time Tieut to Allalinhorn. It's work too! and the another tp attempt From the Allalinhorn to Tieut. It's work very well again!. and the Final TP Attempt from Tieut to my Home Bombyx? It's would be failure with the logs from my firestorm viewer like this?

2019-04-03T16:52:50Z WARNING #FSLSLBridge#  newview/fslslbridgerequest.cpp(49) FSLSLBridgeRequest_Failure : FSLSLBridgeRequest::error(<llsd>
    <map>
    <key>error_body</key>
        <string>cap not found: &apos;f2a63138-5883-1b4f-1d37-e6725707a485&apos;
</string>
    <key>headers</key>
        <map>
        <key>connection</key>
            <string>Keep-Alive</string>
        <key>content-length</key>
            <string>54</string>
        <key>date</key>
            <string>Wed, 03 Apr 2019 16:52:50 GMT</string>
        <key>keep-alive</key>
            <string>timeout=10, max=100</string>
        <key>server</key>
            <string>Apache</string>
        </map>
    <key>message</key>
        <string />
    <key>status</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
    <key>success</key>
        <boolean>0</boolean>
    <key>type</key>
        <integer>404</integer>
    <key>url</key>
        <string>http://sim10578.agni.lindenlab.com:12046/cap/f2a63138-5883-1b4f-1d37-e6725707a485</string>
    </map>
</llsd>
)
2019-04-03T16:52:50Z WARNING #CoreHttp#  llcorehttp/_httppolicy.cpp(434) LLCore::HttpPolicy::stageAfterCompletion : HTTP request 000001865A762640 failed after 1 retries.  Reason:  Not Found (Http_404)
2019-04-03T16:52:50Z WARNING #CoreHTTP#  llmessage/llcorehttputil.cpp(282) LLCoreHttpUtil::HttpCoroHandler::onCompleted : Possible failure [Http_404] cannot POST url 'https://sim10667.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/8ab395f2-df57-3448-71e0-2a64f6e15a10' because Not Found
2019-04-03T16:52:50Z INFO #  llcommon/llsdserialize_xml.cpp(417) LLSDXMLParser::Impl::parse : LLSDXMLParser::Impl::parse: XML_STATUS_ERROR parsing:cap not found: '8ab395f2-df57-3448-71e0-2a64f6e15a10'
2019-04-03T16:52:50Z WARNING #CoreHTTP#  llmessage/llcorehttputil.cpp(324) LLCoreHttpUtil::HttpCoroHandler::onCompleted : Returned body=
cap not found: '8ab395f2-df57-3448-71e0-2a64f6e15a10'

LL need more things to fix these region teleport disconncect problem rather rolled to the main region. next Tuesday. It's didn't goes well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Gah : that is chinese to me

你到底对中国人有什么看法?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

你到底对中国人有什么看法

Lol nothing bad, it means, it's impossible for me to understand (those scripts), probably like greek alphabet for chinese people, it's an expression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MALIFAX said:

Lol nothing bad, it means, it's impossible for me to understand (those scripts), probably like greek alphabet for chinese people, it's an expression

Oh, you mean Jabberwocky?  :) Hahaha!

jabberwocky

NOUN mass noun

Invented or meaningless language; nonsense.
‘the translation was slow and full of jabberwocky

Origin
Early 20th century: from the title of a nonsense poem in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass (1871).

Pronunciation
jabberwocky/ˈdʒabəˌwɒki/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 9:55 AM, jaja2939 said:

I'm Testing the TP  Between Tieut to Bombyx. It's Fine. next is Bombyx is Tieut. it's work very well. the 3rd time Tieut to Allalinhorn. It's work too! and the another tp attempt From the Allalinhorn to Tieut. It's work very well again!. and the Final TP Attempt from Tieut to my Home Bombyx? It's would be failure with the logs from my firestorm viewer like this?

2019-04-03T16:52:50Z WARNING #FSLSLBridge#  newview/fslslbridgerequest.cpp(49) FSLSLBridgeRequest_Failure : FSLSLBridgeRequest::error(<llsd>
    <map>
    <key>error_body</key>
        <string>cap not found: &apos;f2a63138-5883-1b4f-1d37-e6725707a485&apos;

You're just seeing various events where the viewer tried to talk to the server and didn't get an answer. Nothing there tells you why. The "why" probably isn't in the viewer log, but if it is, it's further up, where things started to go bad. The interesting part of the log is around the transition from normal to failed behavior.

I've looked at too many viewer logs of region crossings, and added extra logging code to the viewer so I could see all the object updates. It's not that helpful at diagnosing region crossing failures.  (Rubber-banding, and other viewer side issues, yes.) There's also sim to sim communication, and we as users can't see that. I've been bugging Simon and Oz Linden to add better logging server side so they can see what went wrong after the fact. The logging isn't the hard part; after that you need a fairly elaborate analysis tool. Could be written as a WebGL application. Good job for a new hire at LL to get them up to speed on the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Oh, you mean Jabberwocky?  :) Hahaha!

jabberwocky

 

 

Yes something similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gliese581 said:

this is really hurting badly sailing and flying in sl, plus all builders and creators of vehicles

Indeed !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...