SIM CROSSINGS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What the hell is happening lately about the sim crossings ? Everyone crashes about 50 % of the time when trying to TP or sailing on Blake Sea. I crashed myself 5 times in a single one hour cruise yesterday with the ESA. What's happening ???

@HP Darcy I can not see the connection between EEP and region transfers... but then again I could not see the one between bakes and hoverheight either. How do you think they might be connected? Until you prove me otherwise I will just blame Bakes on Mesh again ;) 

Edited by Fionalein

FWIW, I had multiple teleport crashes today running the Linden EEP RC viewer (6.2.0.525395) -- the point being that it's not only Firestorm and other not-yet-EEP-ready viewers having problems. There are some known crashers in the EEP bug list, not sure if any are triggered by region crossings and teleports or if this is something new, or totally unrelated to EEP.

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

@HP Darcy I can not see the connection between EEP and region transfers... 

As i'm spending 16 hours a day in-world, at sea, I know something terribly wrong is going on. I blame it on EEP, because it's a matter of the last 14 day's. I wonder whats the fun of this EEP if you can't sail or fly anymore? The complete sailing environment around The Blake Sea is going down the drain. Just rezz a boat and try it yourself. Maybe some Linden's try it too, but not with there high end video cards there boss gave them. Sim crossings don't work anymore for people with a 'normal' graphics card. And thats the end of Secondlife sailing and flying, or more clear, the end of Secondlife. (just ordered a GeForce RTX 2080). CHEESUS.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HP Darcy said:

The complete sailing environment around The Blake Sea is going down the drain.

Has't it been in that process for years now?

BTW sim crossings defiantelly are not affected by your GPU LOL

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Has't it been in that process for years now?

BTW sim crossings defiantelly are not affected by your GPU LOL

I actually think sim crossings had been improving over the last few years. It is hard to be sure over a long timescale, based on one person's experience, especially when my recollection isn't always very reliable. But all the same a few years ago it was normal for me to crash once or twice during a couple of hours sailing, but over the last year and up until two weeks ago it had become a rarity.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

Sim crossing is server side primarily and has nothing to do with your graphics hardware or Windlight settings. 

EEP is currently only on the RC servers and only actually functions (fully) for those using the Release Candidate client. 

Disconnects are (primarily) network  related. 

Start there. 

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I actually think sim crossings had been improving over the last few years

Fine, so Flower Power ( Aethelwine ), Topless Sailors 'event manager' says the simborder crossings are improving! :) 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:52 AM, MALIFAX said:

What the hell is happening lately about the sim crossings ?

And topic starter Malifax 'cruise manager' said something completly different, the opposite :) 

I give up. Goodbye. Monday I have my new video card,.. The hell with the problems, they'are there'/'are there not'. Lol. Have fun ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HP Darcy said:

...[censored by quoting forumite]...

DUDE! Did you just try a style over substance argument, Dude? Trying to discredit your fellow Forums users by highlighting what they like to do in SL will sooo backfire on you LOL :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

There are some known crashers in the EEP bug list, not sure if any are triggered by region crossings and teleports or if this is something new, or totally unrelated to EEP.

It seems logical that when crossing from one region into another, where the first one has "safe" windlight settings and the second having "bad" settings (the kind that can cause crashes), that this would cause crashes on systems that are sensitive to these "bad" settings.

It could even be caused by a combination of "bad" EEP windlight settings and certain viewer settings, like... (and I am just making something up for now) having high graphics settings + a draw distance between 128 and 200m, and having the letter A in your name. I mean seriously, it could be something really stupid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.