Second Life reminds me of a public commuter train.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You get onto SL/the train and see all kinds of people. They are all vastly different from each other but they share something in common: SL or the train. They each have they own destinations/plans yet they still share a commonality in both SL or the train. Sometimes, the people on the train may come in conflict with each other, same thing happens in SL.

• Like 3

The only problem with your analogy is that people in SL don't have to endure the inconvenience of being in close proximity with other people who are different. If a resident likes clubbing, they teleport to clubs and see clubbers all night long. They will never see... boaters. There is no "train" to put these people together. Who knows? They might like each other.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

SL > the train. SL doesn't feature smell (yet) and I can mute people.

Also the animations are not anatomically correct. by this i mean when my avi drinks a cocktail it usually goes everywhere except in the spot its supposed to... oh hang on.. that sounds like me after a few of them lol.. forget what i just typed in lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kathyparnes1 said:

Also the animations are not anatomically correct. by this i mean when my avi drinks a cocktail it usually goes everywhere except in the spot its supposed to... oh hang on.. that sounds like me after a few of them lol.. forget what i just typed in lol

One of those cases where maybe SL shouldn't emulate RL? :D

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.