Sign in to follow this  
Lureo

What " in world," means

I am still blocked sometimes by some words I don't understand in a sentence and that block me to understand the rest. Sometimes I see in world and .... that seam totaly strange. What does that means. I think it miss a lexique somewhere.  I am not new in SL but I never knew some technical words maybe my learning strategy was not the best or good one. I start by the end.

2 minutes ago, Lureo said:

I am still blocked sometimes by some words I don't understand in a sentence and that block me to understand the rest. Sometimes I see in world and .... that seam totaly strange. What does that means. I think it miss a lexique somewhere.  I am not new in SL but I never knew some technical words maybe my learning strategy was not the best or good one. I start by the end.

inworld /in world = in SL

Correctly spelled 'in-world', is an official description of being in a virtual environment,

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/in-world

The opposite of in-world is 'in real life', or IRL.

All this jargon was new for me too, when I came into SL. I had never heard of abbreviations like afk, brb, avi, inv, and kk before.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

All this jargon was new for me too, when I came into SL. I had never heard of abbreviations like afk, brb, avi, inv, and kk before.

Those are also commonly used in online gameing. And in MMOs (for example) people refer to the things in the game as "ingame".

3 hours ago, Lureo said:

Being in world or inworld means you are logged into Second Life.