AO is full perm, but animations inside are not.

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a "Full Perm Natural AO - Woman" on Marketplace.  (L$10, no big deal.) It seems to be full perm after I unbox it. I can make and rez multiple copies of the AO in world, where it appears as a tiny box. But the animations inside the AO are no transfer. I didn't think that was possible. I thought that if you put a no-transfer component in another object, the containing object also became no-transfer.

(I'm building animesh characters, for which I need basic walk/stand/turn AO-type animations, but not an avatar AO controller)

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, animats said:

I bought a "Full Perm Natural AO - Woman" on Marketplace.  (L$10, no big deal.) It seems to be full perm after I unbox it. I can make and rez multiple copies of the AO in world, where it appears as a tiny box. But the animations inside the AO are no transfer. I didn't think that was possible. I thought that if you put a no-transfer component in another object, the containing object also became no-transfer.

(I'm building animesh characters, for which I need basic walk/stand/turn AO-type animations, but not an avatar AO controller)

It can be a trick of perms, when you pick it up off the ground it will possibly revert, but the creator when they picked it up could change it back to full perms in inventory. I am probably explaining that wrong, but it is possible to have different permissions be visible, it is why when something shows as no mod that is because of its contents it is being set up wrong, they should fix the permissions in inventory after pick up to negate what the contents did. 

If looking for full perms animations or poses there are a few big stores that do for creators. 

1 minute ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

It can be a trick of perms, when you pick it up off the ground it will possibly revert, but the creator when they picked it up could change it back to full perms in inventory. I am probably explaining that wrong, but it is possible to have different permissions be visible, it is why when something shows as no mod that is because of its contents it is being set up wrong, they should fix the permissions in inventory after pick up to negate what the contents did. 

If looking for full perms animations or poses there are a few big stores that do for creators. 

Thanks. Usually, if I have an object, it has permissions at least as restrictive as the most restrictive thing in contents.  I'm trying to figure out how they escaped that.

Anyway, I found a better AO with a set of matching animations, and I'm using that now.

4 hours ago, animats said:

Thanks. Usually, if I have an object, it has permissions at least as restrictive as the most restrictive thing in contents.  I'm trying to figure out how they escaped that.

Anyway, I found a better AO with a set of matching animations, and I'm using that now.

If you rez a full perms box, then add a copy only item to contents that you have fullperms of (or you are creator of, also meaning full perms) and you pick it up, in inventory it will show as full perms, but if you go to properties it will say copy only, so if you sent that, thats how it would go, however...if in properties you reclick mod and transfer, then pass it, the outside will be full perms, the inside copy only. As most AOs are open source origins, its possible they left them as such, how zhao gave them to the world.

Permissions cascade... The end user deals with the composite result for the overall object. However, if the end user edits the object, they will only have to deal with the individual component's permissions. So, Mod+Copy OK animations can be copied from a no mode HUD as the copying does not modify the container object... It gets tricky.

I use an Alt that I can give things to and check to see how the permissions work for an end user. As the full-perm creator I can't see the permissions restricting the items and various components. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.