Biggest pet peeve thread (profiles)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You gotta admit some of them are funny though! I’ve seen a couple that made me lol.

Yes, true. I was listing that as both, a serious pet peeve (when the profile is serious) and also as an oxymoronic funny (for here and also because some are amazingly creative).

On 3/28/2019 at 3:55 AM, Shudo said:

Then: "I don't do ....." statements be it Drama, @geplay, sex, boyfriends, collars.... they are red flags that the person does exactly those things. If you really don't do those things then there really is no need to tell people.

I'd @geplay in my list of  limits because there is always that one sick B that'll try.  So I can't really argee on that point.  But  I do agree  on the ones that claim they are no drama tend to be the most drama-filled morons I'd ever had the displesure to meet.

• Like 1

If you're engaging in adult RP with people, there really is a need to tell them what your limits are. I suppose you could put them on a NC and pass it over to them in the throes of passion but I hear it's a bit of a mood killer. I always checked limits and I always withdrew from anyone who didn't respect mine. They were in my profile, there was no excuse. 

I think someone may be having issues accepting people's right to say no...

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2019 at 11:04 PM, Panteleeva said:

Blank profile haters

index.jpg

I think I put a picture in for a few of my alts and most of them do show at least some of their groups, but that is about as filled out as their profiles get.  Most inworld time is mine, with them only sometimes logging in, thus I don't spend much money on them, nor time messing with their profile.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoctorEigen Flow said:

What peeves me off the most is, NO ONE ever realizes  I'M A GOD!  No really, I can walk through an entire crowd of avatars and NO ONE, EVER bows down.  So weird.

You forget that Gods are a dime-a-dozen in SL ("It's all about me" attitudes). If we always bowed down everyime one comes into our presence, we'd never be able to stand up straight.

• Haha 3

"I have been in SL much longer than the age of this avatar, but my original account was hacked!"

No, you gave them access to your account when you foolishly clicked on the bogus marketplace link purporting to be for a 'free mesh head and body' (or some such expensive item), posted in a group chat by another account that was also gained in the same way earlier.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

"I have been in SL much longer than the age of this avatar, but my original account was hacked!"

No, you gave them access to your account when you foolishly clicked on the bogus marketplace link purporting to be for a 'free mesh head and body' (or some such expensive item), posted in a group chat by another account that was also gained in the same way earlier.

Also “This is a new profile, but I’m not new to Second Life”

Meaning “I have such a bad reputation/burned all my bridges, so I started this new account to do it all over again!” Yey!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2019 at 12:20 AM, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Also, MC stuff.  Those that claim to be hard core RL bikers.  Just, no.

Little known fact that Sonny Barger would leave the bar to his office, break out his laptop and indulge SL for hours at a stretch. An occasional "more Jack!" could be heard from his cubby hole of a bar office from time to time. It's unknown where he hung out at for he kept his group section cleared but for one, "I keep my group tags in my pants". It was rumored that the group was very difficult to join, no idea why.

• Haha 1

Weird, I've never thought badly of someone who, as far as I can tell, is just admitting to having an alt. Does anyone on here have just one account? Or who does have alts, but they were all made within the same six months?

13 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Weird, I've never thought badly of someone who, as far as I can tell, is just admitting to having an alt. Does anyone on here have just one account? Or who does have alts, but they were all made within the same six months?

Yes, yes. Me, myself, and I were all made between June and September 2006. :)  (yes, seriously, both my alts were made before the end of 2006 - Actually this is my first alt, my original is older than this one and has the same first name.)

10 hours ago, MiakisTheUsagi said:

This account is an alt she's 9 months old atm My main account is 2 years old

These always make me laugh and I tend not to believe them - with regard to "my other is much older" - why should it matter how old your account is? Is that some kind of street-cred or something? LOL AND YES! I am a hypocrite as in my comment immediately above, I mention my other account is oilder! Hahaha However, this is not my profile and I never say such in any of my profiles. ~snorts~

I'm a firm believer that if your other account is "older" then no one cares because you obviously don't, else you'd be using it. I'm a firm believer that anything older than the date on your profile doesn't count for she-ite; it's inadmissable hearsay.

Edited by Alyona Su

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, yes. Me, myself, and I were all made between June and September 2006. :)  (yes, seriously, both my alts were made before the end of 2006 - Actually this is my first alt, my original is older than this one and has the same first name.)

Ok, well I have numerous alts and there are literally years between some of them. I've never been banned or sanctioned; as far as I know I've never been ARed. If I have, the Lindens haven't seen fit to contact me about it. Nor is it because I burned all my bridges or anything like that. It's not even so I could cheat on a partner.

The worst thing I've used an alt for is to create a completely grotesque av to dress in crap freebie silks and go around Gor submitting to everything and begging all the free for sexual release and if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right. I didn't even get banned from any sims for it, although perhaps I would have been if any admin had been on at the time. Several slaves requested an encore so maybe I'll bring that one back if I can remember the name and the password. As well as being utterly revolting, she'll also be a super system avatar, with a horrid old school freebie skin and hair, so it'll be even better now in the days of mesh.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The worst thing I've used an alt for is to create a completely grotesque av to dress in crap freebie silks and go around Gor submitting to everything and begging all the free for sexual release and if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Awesome. And this is really the only reason for an alt: to experience something different. The reason for Alyona Su is because I ended up not liking Alyona Chernov's last name LOL (So I creaed Su like three or four months later). Then around that time I was discovering the mermaid stuff, so I created my third for that: so I could make her a mermaid and to this day she is still and always has been and ever will be is a mermaid.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:08 PM, Amina Sopwith said:

I currently have 17 accounts.  Eight of them are Premium, donating tier to the land group and donating stipends to my never ending spending habit.  The others are mostly accounts created for testing different things.

This account is the only one to actually do much in SL and thus what I consider to be my main account - though technically I am the first alt account.  This account was created about 3.5 months after my first account.  At that time, both accounts were used for different types of role playing.  For the other accounts, sometimes there were years between alts and sometimes only months or days or even hours, depending on what I was creating them for.

9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wow. I wish I could afford over $500 US every year for premiums. I can't even be certain I'd be able to pay for one premium account every year. :ph34r:

They are staggered so that I never pay more than one a month - and it does eat up most of my 'fun money'.  I'm currently reducing the number of premiums though, and the associated land that I have, in order to take care of some misc. RL stuff.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They are staggered so that I never pay more than one a month - and it does eat up most of my 'fun money'.  I'm currently reducing the number of premiums though, and the associated land that I have, in order to take care of some misc. RL stuff.

Even when you spread it out like that it still totals up to over $500 per year. To me, that's a lot of money. What's really mind boggling about it, is there are those people who believe others can live well on $2.00 per hour yet even mentioning cutting their $35 an hour pay by 0.02% makes them go ballistic. :S

Edited by Selene Gregoire

On 4/21/2019 at 3:33 AM, AmandaKeen said:

Blank Profiles.......

After reading this thread, I don't think there is much left to put in my profile that won't peeve somebody, which really peeves me because I'm just the kind of wimpy people pleaser who wants everyone to love my profile. So I think I will just give up and put whatever I feel like in there so at least I can please you @AmandaKeen because at least there will be something

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 11:29 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

As far as I'm aware (open to correction if I'm wrong), the ToS doesn't stop you quoting chat logs back at the person you were conversing with. Sharing it with a third party? Yeah, that requires consent, but repeating an IM back to that same person should be fine.

The ToS only applies to sharing chat logs within any subsidiary of LL. You can post them all day long on FB, name and shame whatever and LL can not stop you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.