Jump to content
ItHadToComeToThis

Biggest pet peeve thread (profiles)

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

"Mess with ____ and i will destroy your world." or some such version as if anyone in SL can do any damage RL to someone. 

Usually followed by. "Drama free zone." 

The "Mess with..." profiles tickle something inside me, that makes me want to go out of my way to mess with them and their stupid virtual family/friends/subs/whatever.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember chatting with a male avatar and then noticed on his profile an entry "Women I have had." 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

The "Mess with..." profiles tickle something inside me, that makes me want to go out of my way to mess with them and their stupid virtual family/friends/subs/whatever.

Are people STILL doing this??

ETA: As in, threatening harm to people who "mess with" them, or their subs or family or whatever? What are they going to do, fire a poofer?

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

I remember chatting with a male avatar and then noticed on his profile an entry "Women I have had." 

Lol, "women" he's had in SL. Presumably he needs a record because none of them are coming back. Also, don't think I'll be buying that calendar. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

I remember chatting with a male avatar and then noticed on his profile an entry "Women I have had." 

HINT: They're all his alts.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mic verified

Cam verified.....

followed by a scanned photo clearly from the early 90s.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh wow, thanks for all the responses. I have just had a hoot reading all of these. If I had to pick it would probably be :

- "I don't read local chat, if you want to talk you will HAVE to IM me"...get over yourself

-Anything describing themselves as a spoilt brat, princess or makes vague references to how no d*ck can resist her.

-Anything that starts with "BOW BEFORE ME AND SHOWER ME WITH..."

-I am voice verified...like we actually care if you have a pork torpedo or not

I will come up with more later after a nice hot shower 

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

-I am voice verified...like we actually care if you have a pork torpedo or not

A huge number of people really do care about that. You can spot them because they make a big hoohah about how they keep SL and RL completely separate.

I like the ones who claim to be voice verified (always as women, apparently nobody gives a monkeys about a man's voice) in the same tone that Angelina Jolie might use when telling you she's ready to have sex with you on top of a million dollars in cash. As if a female voice is the single most incredibly sexually irresistible trait a person can have.* I talk on the phone a lot for my RL job, I'm clearly missing a trick here.

 

*Oh hell, it's SL, it probably is.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

A huge number of people really do care about that.

Absolutely true - perhaps not on the forums, but in-world.

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

apparently nobody gives a monkeys about a man's voice

Don't be too sure - in my short time here I've had three people who insisted I voice with them so that they could be sure I was a man.  One of them got quite abusive when I refused.  (Although I'm sure it's nothing compared to what women go through.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, paragonfanfare said:

Don't be too sure - in my short time here I've had three people who insisted I voice with them so that they could be sure I was a man.  One of them got quite abusive when I refused.  (Although I'm sure it's nothing compared to what women go through.)

I hope you started talking in falsetto. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People insisting I read their profiles before IMing them...

LOL sooo 2006

Edited by Fionalein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Profile states that the accounts owner is VERIFIED <gender>, by voice or cam or pinky swears.

Same profile indicates person is a member of at least one VERIFIED <gender> group.

At least one of the VERIFIED <gender> groups was created by the profile owner.

Bonus points for then stating "SL != RL"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Shudo said:

Then: "I don't do ....." statements be it Drama, @geplay, sex, boyfriends, collars.... they are red flags that the person does exactly those things. If you really don't do those things then there really is no need to tell people.

 

Mostly this is true, but I did add the following to my profile after I returned to SL a couple of years ago and it has reduced the number of random sex request IMs:
  "I'm not interested in an SL relationship, nor am I interested in any SLex encounters."

(or maybe I just don't get out enough anymore)

 

 

18 hours ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I love reading peoples' quotes or anything they've put. 

 

18 hours ago, cicelydawn said:

I also love quotes. 

I used to change my profile quote every month or two, but then I tired of doing that and couldn't decide on a permanent one, so currently it says:
  [Some witty comment or quote that would theoretically make me interesting]

 

 

17 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Store owners who don't have their store landmark listed in profile.

Most things in profiles just make me laugh or roll my eyes, but yeah, this one really annoys me big time.  I've just started adding those stores to my "never shop at" list.

 

 

The ones about "mess with my family...." or anyone bragging about their 'master' abilities are pretty much the dumbest ones I've seen.  
Unreadable characters or text speak just means I definitely won't talk to them.
Anything about drama means there will be lots of drama, so again I won't ever talk to them.
Anything with lots of in-your-face porn shots gets reported immediately.  Even though our profiles are supposed to stay G rated, I'm okay with most adult stuff, but not XXX.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rufferta said:

I remember chatting with a male avatar and then noticed on his profile an entry "Women I have had." 

It then listed only one lady, along with a photo that suggested (from extreme breast size) she was was Ralph, a trucker from Idaho?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mostly this is true, but I did add the following to my profile after I returned to SL a couple of years ago and it has reduced the number of random sex request IMs:
  "I'm not interested in an SL relationship, nor am I interested in any SLex encounters."

There are always exceptions of course, and I meant no offense. :)

I actually wonder if the sort of "obnoxious no-profile hornbag noobs with freenis" who need to read those statements ever read them.

They are too busy with other things as they one-handed type "so, wanna sex" in their first IM.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Lol, "women" he's had in SL. Presumably he needs a record because none of them are coming back.

If he's worried about losing count or forgetting how many, I'd be super happy to help him notch his belt for each.

("OOPS! Slipped! Sorry about that, but this is why you should always carry duct tape.")

Scyllas Pruning Service.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

Copied from one weird person profile^

"Listen carefully - just because you state in your profile that you will c/p IMs/chat does not exclude you from LL's TOS - in fact,  stating that you do or will is breaking TOS and you could be reported with a resultant ban.

As such statements like this 'By IMing or chatting with me, even if in a private location, you consent to being logged and that those logs can be used at my discretion without any further notice.' are utter tosh and not worth the paper they are written on - you can still receive a ban for sharing any conversation you have in SL without the specific consent of all other parties involved.

So no you cannot c/p my IMs *without my specific consent*".

 

 

p.s also i don t have any word in my profile,so maybe i m someone s profile pet peeve)))

 

Edited by Panteleeva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."

"Old enough to know better, young enough not to care."

Any SL=RL, SL=SL, RL=RL preferences. I'm just tired of seeing that.

"Voice verified" or any variation of that, because it means nothing.

Edited by purrrkitten
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know about a legal disclaimer, but firestorm logs IMs already. It’s very handy for going back to refer to directions or instructions on how to do something or even links. Which is a good thing.

Since people lie and try to gaslight so much ie “I never said that!” Often without realizing, you can see what they said in your last conversation. It can be in the same chat box where they’re saying the complete opposite. Sometimes they get pretty upset when you toss what they actually said with a time stamp back to them. 

I’m thinking that kind of pick was a reaction to the many, many “lawyers” we have on SL. Being all “you can’t record conversations! It’s against the law!” So they turn into lawyers too and put silly things like that in their picks.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, purrrkitten said:

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."

"Old enough to know better, young enough not to care."

Any SL=RL, SL=SL, RL=RL preferences. I'm just tired of seeing that.

"Voice verified" or any variation of that, because it means nothing.

i always wonder,who verify voice or cam?) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I don’t know about a legal disclaimer, but firestorm logs IMs already. It’s very handy for going back to refer to directions or instructions on how to do something or even links. Which is a good thing.

Since people lie and try to gaslight so much ie “I never said that!” Often without realizing, you can see what they said in your last conversation. It can be in the same chat box where they’re saying the complete opposite. Sometimes they get pretty upset when you toss what they actually said with a time stamp back to them. 

I’m thinking that kind of pick was a reaction to the many, many “lawyers” we have on SL. Being all “you can’t record conversations! It’s against the law!” So they turn into lawyers too and put silly things like that in their picks.

As far as I'm aware (open to correction if I'm wrong), the ToS doesn't stop you quoting chat logs back at the person you were conversing with. Sharing it with a third party? Yeah, that requires consent, but repeating an IM back to that same person should be fine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

i always wonder,who verify voice or cam?) 

Haha true! Who are these mysterious verifiers?  Is there some governing body that is recording all these verifications? Obv not. Unless the profile says ‘I will voice and cam verify with you if you require’ then past verifications mean nothing to people who actually care about that.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panteleeva said:

i always wonder,who verify voice or cam?) 

They probably verify themselves. 😂

It means absolutely nothing. I don't see it as often as I used to tho.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voice verification has always been ridiculous to me. Mostly because I've been aware of voice morphing* since before I ever joined SL (2004) so I've known all along that voice verification in SL was a farce. 

 

 

*VM (late 90s) has been around longer then SL has been open to the public (2003).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...