Why Doesn't the new RC Bakes on Mesh Viewer Work?

LucyHerne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At the beginning of March I bought this basic mesh body on MarketPlace - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gift-by-Princezz-Simple-Bakes-on-Mesh-Bento-Female-Body-PROMO-UNTIL-DECEMBER-31ST/15355757 and downloaded the Bakes On Mesh Project Viewer. I tried it out on my home Mainland sim, Sabre, and it was great to finally see how easy changing skins and system layer clothes was going to be. The body when worn using the Project Viewer was invisible until you applied a system skin or clothes but when worn using Firestorm the Upper Body is blue with the words Upper all over it and the Lower Body is Yellow with Lower written all over it. So, this morning I download the new Bakes on Mesh RC Viewer, 6.1.1.525409 (64bit), login, and instead of a body with the last system skin I tried on on it I get the default NON Bakes on Mesh texture! I've tried changing skins and tried clothing layer clothes but nothing happens. Can anyone else confirm the RC Viewer is not functioning? It's either that or the Lindens have turned off BOM in a sim roll-out or I'm losing my mind.

42 minutes ago, LucyHerne said:

At the beginning of March I bought this basic mesh body on MarketPlace - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gift-by-Princezz-Simple-Bakes-on-Mesh-Bento-Female-Body-PROMO-UNTIL-DECEMBER-31ST/15355757 and downloaded the Bakes On Mesh Project Viewer. I tried it out on my home Mainland sim, Sabre, and it was great to finally see how easy changing skins and system layer clothes was going to be. The body when worn using the Project Viewer was invisible until you applied a system skin or clothes but when worn using Firestorm the Upper Body is blue with the words Upper all over it and the Lower Body is Yellow with Lower written all over it. So, this morning I download the new Bakes on Mesh RC Viewer, 6.1.1.525409 (64bit), login, and instead of a body with the last system skin I tried on on it I get the default NON Bakes on Mesh texture! I've tried changing skins and tried clothing layer clothes but nothing happens. Can anyone else confirm the RC Viewer is not functioning? It's either that or the Lindens have turned off BOM in a sim roll-out or I'm losing my mind.

The Bakes-on-Mesh viewer works by substituting certain specific textures for the avatar bakes. In the latest viewer release Linden Lab changed which specific textures are used for this substitution process, so anything that uses the old textures will no longer display your avatar bakes.

With that particular avatar the maker now needs to re-issue it using the updated textures. Since they're the creator all they need to do is use the new Bakes-on-Mesh viewer to change the body areas to use bakes the same way they did originally, which will automatically use the new textures.

Anyone using the "Experimental" Omega applier will have the same problem. This can be fixed by making a  new applier using the UUID's for the updated textures. As it happens I have the UUID's for the new textures and have confirmed that an applier using the new UUID's will work.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.