Announcing Second Life’s 8th Birthday Party (SL8B)!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld/Announcing-Second-Life-s-8th-Birthday-Party-SL8B/ba-p/855597

Our virtual world, Second Life, turns eight this June. Wow! Our hard-working team of Resident volunteers and Lindens have been busily preparing for our annual birthday bash—laying down the groundwork (literally) for us all to celebrate.

The event kicks off at 10:00 a.m. SLT on Monday, June 20 and runs through Sunday, June 26 with a glittering assortment of musicians, speakers, artists, business leads, media mavens, merchants, social organizers, and other amazing Residents like you.

Make a Wish
This year’s theme is the, “Magic of Second Life.” No, we’re not just talking about wizards and sorceresses (though of course they’re included). The true magic of Second Life is something different for each of us. It’s all about that moment when we realized how amazing Second Life really is. It’s when we found our own personal connections to Second Life, realizing its potential in our own lives and the lives of others. Whether it’s the social aspect, the content creation possibilities, or unique business and commerce opportunities, we’ve all got a tale of Second Life magic to share.

You’re Invited
Now that you know the theme, you know you want to get involved! We have 20 sims reserved for themed exhibits, amazing builds, fantastic music and entertainment, and for wonderful volunteers to make this the best birthday party ever. Visit our SL8B wiki page for our exhibitor application, entertainment application, and volunteer greeter application and deadlines.

Don’t miss a thing: Join the Second Life Birthday group inworld (now open) for the latest updates on the festivities. 

Happy birthday to all of us!

Hey folks,

I'll be designing the tour ride again this year!! Lot's of ideas and rumors have spread as to what the tour object will be, and this may well remain a secret until the week prior to opening day, but ideas and contributions are very much welcome at this stage. I also have some exciting new technologies that can be used to help exhibitors promote their parcel during the tour cycle, and i look forward to leaking more details in the coming weeks. Your input and ideas are welcome!

Dev Khaos wrote:

Hey folks,

I'll be designing the tour ride again this year!! Lot's of ideas and rumors have spread as to what the tour object will be, and this may well remain a secret until the week prior to opening day, but ideas and contributions are very much welcome at this stage. I also have some exciting new technologies that can be used to help exhibitors promote their parcel during the tour cycle, and i look forward to leaking more details in the coming weeks. Your input and ideas are welcome!

Dev, you need to create a Teaching Newbs Ride with a narrator that explains the various basic abilities;-)

After being in Second life for over a year now as a DJ and Club owner I was wondering if there is a way I can help out in some way. Is there a list of needs or areas that help is needed for?

Gleanr Ellsmere

aka Wacky DJ Gleanr

Shoreside Club and Weddings Owner.

I'll definately be going!

Who knows, might find some awesome people there. It's going to be a hoot listening to all the different kinds of music. Also there would be a great time for younger crowd to practice the languages they have learned in school, since afterall, there are people from all over the world on SL!

• 4 weeks later...

Unbelievable, not a link to be found anywhere. You do want people to go dont you? No link to entry point in blog, wiki, events, on twitter *sighs a typical SL day I suppose.

OMG found in inworld search after 1 hour + of looking everywhere. I am speechless.

Agreed .. they also were very subtle about announcing and inviting  to SL8B

And in  mailed notes.. they called  the "oldest community" - Boardman, which is abadoned  rsidental area, , belonging to LindenLab...  Babbing about "kind residents" who can "tell stories"... That sim is empty for years- so neighboars  say about it, and I live nearby never seen there anyone (except today - someone decided to visit  sim after getting notice?). And they ignored and didnt invited  Luskwood -  oldest running and active community ( created in Semptember 2003 in Lusk). Actually it's first SL8B  ran by residents - and organized awfully - they could make at least good logo and write more believable text. Boardman is  community themed sim, but there was no community ever

Boardman, yeah.  I have a "Boardman experience".  When I first came to SL I did wander in that direction.  Looks nice but didn't find anybody.  I looked around a while and noticed that many of the houses had signs by them telling me where to buy that model.  So, I always thought Boardman was kinda like a park home sales lot.  Now you tell me it's a community? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.