Crashing/Disconnecting during TPs

OnlyMon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There has been interesting feedback from some users affected by these teleport disconnects, but not enough yet to know if this is actually a thing.
Some users are saying that if they disable sky rendering, they no longer get disconnect on teleport.

Can those of you who can easily reproduce the teleport disconnects try disabling sky rendering & see if that fixes the problem?
To disable sky rendering, activate the Advanced menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+D.
Advanced -> Rendering Types -> Untick sky (or use shortcut CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+6 to toggle sky rendering on & off).
With sky rendering disabled (you will just see black sky), teleport about using landmarks or the world map - do you still get disconnected?

Please test this with normal teleports, not crossing regions on a vehicle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

There has been interesting feedback from some users affected by these teleport disconnects, but not enough yet to know if this is actually a thing.

I noticed TP fails about every second or third time grid wide - a relog will make it possible to TP again.

Do you want us to report TP results without sky rendering here?

Edited by Rachel1206

20 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Can those of you who can easily reproduce the teleport disconnects try disabling sky rendering & see if that fixes the problem?

I disabled sky rendering last night and noticed that TPs happened more quickly with no crashes for the couple of hours I was online. The odd thing (to me) is that when I logged on this morning, I had to disable sky again. FS had apparently reset the setting to show the sky again. 

• Thanks 1

I have the same issues, since about 2 weeks or so. 
What seems to work for me, is not to click the teleport button directly. Im taking the detour of clicking the map button and then inside the map window i teleport.
Dont want to say its a good workaround, because i didnt make a allocable test, but i cant remember being disconnected that way.

8 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I have the same issues, since about 2 weeks or so. 
What seems to work for me, is not to click the teleport button directly. Im taking the detour of clicking the map button and then inside the map window i teleport.
Dont want to say its a good workaround, because i didnt make a allocable test, but i cant remember being disconnected that way.

I'm not so sure that makes a difference.

Here's how I've been handling it - and never needed a restart except once. When initiating a teleport (and if you use FireStorm - turn Teleport Screens ON) - when the thermometer stop sliding - usually about 10-15% of the bar - hit the cancel button. Now you're looking at a garbage screen and you're not in it. Repeat the teleport. You may or may not get the funny little error about "Not able to, wait a while" whatever. Click OK. At that point, the teleport completes and there you are, at your new destination.

It has been working for me this way *consistently* on both my main and alt account. However, *timing* seems to be part of it. I once did a TP to home and when I arrived I was a cloud and only small bits and pieces of my home rezzed at all. THAT was the call for a restart, but the restart happened fast and reliable.

I'm not saying this is the answer, but it's a method to cut down on restarts (relogging) a lot.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm not so sure that makes a difference.

Here's how I've been handling it - and never needed a restart except once. When initiating a teleport (and if you use FireStorm - turn Teleport Screens ON) - when the thermometer stop sliding - usually about 10-15% of the bar - hit the cancel button. Now you're looking at a garbage screen and you're not in it. Repeat the teleport. You may or may not get the funny little error about "Not able to, wait a while" whatever. Click OK. At that point, the teleport completes and there you are, at your new destination.

It has been working for me this way *consistently* on both my main and alt account. However, *timing* seems to be part of it. I once did a TP to home and when I arrived I was a cloud and only small bits and pieces of my home rezzed at all. THAT was the call for a restart, but the restart happened fast and reliable.

I'm not saying this is the answer, but it's a method to cut down on restarts (relogging) a lot.

This is pretty much how my TP issues have been handled except that I never had the Teleport Screen on. If the TP isn't instantaneous, then I hit the Cancel button -- which you also have to enable in Firestorm, though it might default to being there.  Right after the Cancel, I TP again and almost always it is successfully (sometimes getting that funky 'blocked' message).  Only twice have I been disconnected and both of those were the other evening when many things seemed to be going slow.

There is a potential fix for the teleport disconnects that was rolled to all 3 RC servers today - BlueSteel, Magnum & LeTigre.
Is anyone still able to reproduce the teleport disconnects when TPing between two RC regions?
If all goes well with this potential fix, I expect it will be rolled to the main channel regions next Tuesday.

NOTE!
If you are a Singularity viewer user, there is another bug affecting Singularity that is causing a disconnect ~ every 15 minutes &/or teleport disconnects.
This is a separate bug with a different cause to the one filed at BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS
Singularity have a proposed fix for this Singularity specific bug in their latest viewer build that can be downloaded here: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/
As far as I'm aware this Singularity fix will not fix the main TP disconnect bug that's affecting all viewers though.

• Thanks 2

April 4 2019 and im still having TP issues, logged in and tried to tp to another sim, got disconnected after being stuck on the tp screen for a minute.
Sorry just read Whirly, my issue was from a main channel to LeTigre but LeTigre to LeTigre sim crossing seems fine again.

I think this calls for a SOT (Save Our TP's) to the Linden gods.

Edited by VenKellie

On 4/3/2019 at 5:41 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

There is a potential fix for the teleport disconnects that was rolled to all 3 RC servers today - BlueSteel, Magnum & LeTigre.
Is anyone still able to reproduce the teleport disconnects when TPing between two RC regions?
If all goes well with this potential fix, I expect it will be rolled to the main channel regions next Tuesday.

NOTE!
If you are a Singularity viewer user, there is another bug affecting Singularity that is causing a disconnect ~ every 15 minutes &/or teleport disconnects.
This is a separate bug with a different cause to the one filed at BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS
Singularity have a proposed fix for this Singularity specific bug in their latest viewer build that can be downloaded here: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/
As far as I'm aware this Singularity fix will not fix the main TP disconnect bug that's affecting all viewers though.

Thank you Whirly

Updated Singularity but crashes continue - though with less frequency I think.

I haven't paid attention to the regions as yet.

Going "via the map" still has me crashing too.

This is affecting my main and the alts I have tried.

14 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I *knew* it was a latency kinda-sorta thing LOL I've been fortunate to not have to experience it that often. Though I did discover that the laggier the region you're already in, the more likely a TP out will fail. At least it seems that way.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:06 PM, Akilah Zanzibar said:

Same issue-- Apollo won't let me log in.

I've cleared the SL app for use on this computer, updated to the most recent version of the standard viewer, changed my password, tried a different browser but nothing solves the problem.

I've been an SL user since 2008 (or '09, don't remember exactly) and have seen lots of problems come and go. What's with this one?

When I log on, it only leaves me on the loading screen. I can hear the music, my mouse can hover over various spots on the black screen and light up as if I'm able to interact with something, but even then I can't see anything? Then it just stays like that, the longest I waited for it was an hour. 

On 3/30/2019 at 4:17 PM, KotaiKage said:

I too am having this problem in the latest Firestorm. It's been going on for at least a week and is very frustrating. At first I thought something was corrupt so I did a complete clean reinstall of the viewer, but the issue persists.

I have completely uninstalled SL and then reinstalled it. Changed my graphics settings both on my computer and in the game. I have a brand new computer too that is very updated so I don't understand why this is happening. It was working perfectly on my first day of using it! Then the next day it was just a black screen. I don't know what to do. 

2 minutes ago, AbbysSweetLife said:

When I log on, it only leaves me on the loading screen. I can hear the music, my mouse can hover over various spots on the black screen and light up as if I'm able to interact with something, but even then I can't see anything? Then it just stays like that, the longest I waited for it was an hour. 

I have completely uninstalled SL and then reinstalled it. Changed my graphics settings both on my computer and in the game. I have a brand new computer too that is very updated so I don't understand why this is happening. It was working perfectly on my first day of using it! Then the next day it was just a black screen. I don't know what to do. 

Start the viewer, but don't try to log in.  Instead click Help and About.  Copy everything displayed and paste it here.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.