Crashing/Disconnecting during TPs

OnlyMon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone. Within the past week, esp these past couple of days ive been experiencing some issues when I teleport (FS user). Almost every time I try to TP somewhere, I crash/disconnect. Then when I log back in, anything that ive changed in terms of re-coloring (ie on my shoes), reverts back to original. Someone please help, I'm going crazy since I can barely do anything on SL and its beyond frustrating. 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by OnlyMon

Right now, I can't even get logged on. The only reason I logged out was that I noticed that search was showing anything more than "G" level, despite having "G,M,A" checked off and saved in preferences. I saw the same problem with only "G" on the web page which was odd. Ages ago, I did age verification -- 10 years or more? Not sure what's up. "To the cloud..."

There has been a problem with teleports disconnecting since last Tuesday.

Bug report: BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS

@Prokofy Neva your login problem was likely this: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/90sh3qfmqc9p

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I noticed that search was showing anything more than "G" level, despite having "G,M,A" checked off and saved in preferences. I saw the same problem with only "G" on the web page which was odd.

If you are still seeing this now that the maintenance has ended, you need to contact LL support.
Those symptoms mean that something has gone wrong with your age verification.  Support can quickly fix it.

6 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

There has been a problem with teleports disconnecting since last Tuesday.

Bug report: BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS

@Prokofy Neva your login problem was likely this: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/90sh3qfmqc9p

Fab, thanks! I was looking for status updates to get an idea if its a bigger issue than myself, but it would only show reports from Feb. 

• Like 1

Trying to get to my tier payment area this morning took three logins after crashing out, and once there, trying to get back home got "Teleport is currently blocked, try logging out and logging back in again". Strange to relate, when I did re-log, I was back at my home parcel.

It's very nostalgic, when I first joined SL it was often like this. Have they switched their servers to the Wayback Machine by any chance?

• Sad 1

As mentioned in other threads, if your TP is failing (for me this usually means that it hasn't happened within about five seconds, and "Requesting teleport..." hasn't appeared in the TP progress bar) click the cancel button and repeat the TP request. This brings up the "Teleports are locked" message, which you can dismiss, and also completes the teleport.

• Thanks 1

I have been having TP problems too. I am using the new EEP SL Viewer. Sometimes the TP is slow. Sometimes it times out and sometimes it crashes. After logging back in, I am usually back at the place I first logged in to, rather than the place I was at, when the TP crashed me.

Same issue-- Apollo won't let me log in.

I've cleared the SL app for use on this computer, updated to the most recent version of the standard viewer, changed my password, tried a different browser but nothing solves the problem.

I've been an SL user since 2008 (or '09, don't remember exactly) and have seen lots of problems come and go. What's with this one?

Edited by Akilah Zanzibar
I see I'm labeled as a newbie, which I am certainly not. Please change my status.
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 11:09 PM, OnlyMon said:

Then when I log back in, anything that ive changed in terms of re-coloring (ie on my shoes), reverts back to original.

Whenever I mod anything that I'm wearing, or adding something to a HUD etc, I always detach the item after making the change, wait about 10 seconds then reattach it. This then saves the change. If you don't do this and then your viewer crashes, you don't 'log out' which is where all the change updating takes place, and you then lose the update when relogging. Likewise, after suffering a viewer crash, your location hasn't been saved by a log out, and so upon logging back in, you're back at the place you logged in at previously.

13 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

I am continuing to have the same issue too - plus, like Chibi, my av's meshes, other avs and sims sometimes don't load at all.

In case it's of interest, I am using an older version Singularity Alpha viewer.

Depending on how old that viewer is, you may soon start running into this issue -- you should probably upgrade.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Akilah Zanzibar said:

I see I'm labeled as a newbie, which I am certainly not. Please change my status.

The 'Newbie' status is totally forum specific and has to do with how many posts you have made here.  In that regard, you are a Newbie.  That title will change as your post count increases.  When you hit 500 posts, they you can set it to say anything you like.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

22 hours ago, ChibiDragon007 said:

So I can't even login to SL without issues now, it keeps hanging repeatedly upon login with checking stability requirements. And then when it finally lets me in-world, the sim I'm in is barely even loaded properly with bits and pieces of stuff everywhere. My avatar is still an orange cloud. I've tried the latest version of Firestorm, as well as the default LL viewer and get the same results. I tried clearing caches, and that didn't help either. So I'm really thinking this is a big problem on Second LIfe's end and not my viewer or internet or what not. Funny thing is, SL was working just fine for me earlier this afternoon and only now am I having all these issues.

If you haven't already, try the steps Firestorm gives for a full clean install -- i.e. wiping out the old install first, rather than installing over it.  Do the same with the LL viewer install.

Thanks Lil.

It would not appear to be viewer related. I have tested with newest update of official viewer and am having the same problems. 

In addition, I restarted my router and had my ISP check my connection.

Today I went on LiveChat who confirmed to me that some residents are experiencing these issues and made a comment for me on the JIRA for this issue. This problem is being investigated by Linden Lab and has now been accepted for triaging.

As for my current viewer, I will be updating to a newer Animesh supporting version of Singularity very soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Is that out already? cool

It's an alpha version...

While that may put some people off I've been using happily their 2016 alpha for years...

Edited by Emma Krokus
spelling not a strong point today either

I too am having this problem in the latest Firestorm. It's been going on for at least a week and is very frustrating. At first I thought something was corrupt so I did a complete clean reinstall of the viewer, but the issue persists.

• Sad 2

I was fine for the last 2-3 days and then had a TP stall on me today.  I tried to cancel it but it just locked up my av - I could still cam around, click notices, and even turn my av, but she wouldn't move otherwise and I couldn't do any more TPs. A couple of minutes later things disconnected.  *sigh*

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was fine for the last 2-3 days and then had a TP stall on me today.  I tried to cancel it but it just locked up my av - I could still cam around, click notices, and even turn my av, but she wouldn't move otherwise and I couldn't do any more TPs. A couple of minutes later things disconnected.  *sigh*

welcome to the herd :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.