teleport down?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just had a viewer update that has includes teleport problem in bug fixes list but teleport crashes are just as bad as beforehand. My first TP of the session crashed, and that was from one quiet mainland sim to another nearby quiet mainland sim.  What's worse is that these TP crashes take ages to log out, which is a bit of a sting in the tail!

30 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

Just had a viewer update that has includes teleport problem in bug fixes list but teleport crashes are just as bad as beforehand. My first TP of the session crashed, and that was from one quiet mainland sim to another nearby quiet mainland sim.  What's worse is that these TP crashes take ages to log out, which is a bit of a sting in the tail!

Firestorm provides a 'cancel' button for the TP.  It used to be that you could hit that button and then redo the TP and it would usually work.  That is no longer the case, but you can still use the button to cancel out of a stalled TP and then you can X close the viewer yourself.  Tis much faster than waiting for the TP to disconnect you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Firestorm provides a 'cancel' button for the TP.  It used to be that you could hit that button and then redo the TP and it would usually work.  That is no longer the case, but you can still use the button to cancel out of a stalled TP and then you can X close the viewer yourself.  Tis much faster than waiting for the TP to disconnect you.

This is what I have been doing since the first time it happened. I've always gotten right back in without waiting any longer than it takes for the viewer to relaunch. 

Maybe some day they will make it so we don't have to close the viewer to be able to relog or change accounts. 

tenor.gif

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Some folks on Facebook are claiming the crashes broke their AO huds and any other huds they had on at the time as well as avatar reverting to old style and breaking their mesh.

We've seen posts here about it messing up people's outfits/bodies/etc... when they log back in.  We've also had people say that when they log to 'Previous', they end up somewhere multiple locations ago or even someplace they were at on another day.

I've had none of those issues, even the few times that I actually let the TP do the disconnect and give me the message box for quitting.  I logged right back in - always to Home - and all was good.  I never log back in to "previous location" simply because of all those times many years ago when you never knew what you'd look like on a relog.

I'm in and out several times a day, using both the standard LL viewer and Firestorm. I've only been disconnected during a TP once so far, and that was when I made three or four successive teleports within about 20 seconds.  I have a NVidia 1070 graphics card and a 30 Mb/sec cable connection to the Internet, but I don't think I have been doing anything special that would make my account immune from the TP problems that some other people are having.  It's all very strange that some people are having serious issues while others, like me, are not having trouble at all.  (Knock on virtual plywood.)  If it's a server issue or a viewer issue, it's not a uniform one.

It is not a viewer issue. LL knows it isn't.

We do not currently believe that this is specific to any viewer, and it can affect any pair of Regions (it seems to be a timing-sensitive failure in the hand-off between one simulator and the next).  There is no known workaround - please continue logging back in to get where you were going in the meantime.

We are very much aware of the problem, and have a crack team trying to track it down and correct it. They’re putting in long hours and exploring all the possibilities. Quite unfortunately, this problem dodged our usual monitors of the behavior of simulators in the Release Channels, and as a result we're also enhancing those monitors to prevent similar problems getting past us in the future.

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2524-darn-teleport-disconnects/

• Thanks 2

No idea what LL is doing but after posting my personal solution of upping the bandwith, I didn't have a single crash for 4 days. The 5th day LL posts that they are working on the crashes (on the login screen) and surprise surprise : I'm crashing again! Looks to me like somebody at LL went "hey, this guy found a work-around ; let's completely mess things up so the work-around doesn't work any more either".  *shakes his head and sighs...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.