teleport down?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sith Soulstar said:

You know how they always say NOT to set your bandwith in the viewer to more than 1500? So of course I went in my settings and turned it all the way up. I seem to be teleport-crashing less now. Could be a coincidence, but I thought I'd mention it.

You may be on to something.  I've got a really fast internet connection so I bumped my bandwidth up also........... and not a single TP failure since (knock on wood).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have tried tping to two places today so far and both crashed like that and both times i come back my alpha has reverted, and and my skin has changed back to earlier and even a texture I put in a personal hud has gone as though not added, this is ruining the economy, people rely on me to shop you know :P

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sith Soulstar said:

You know how they always say NOT to set your bandwith in the viewer to more than 1500? So of course I went in my settings and turned it all the way up. I seem to be teleport-crashing less now. Could be a coincidence, but I thought I'd mention it.

Interesting.  I seem to be suffering this more than my partner, and I have a connection with a slow ping time (I live a long way from anywhere).  The actual transfers are fast, but the latency is bad.  This issue does seem to be all about timing.  (I came on the thread late, and have not read all the pages and pages of it)

Edit:  So I tried this, and turned the bandwidth limit right up.  No issues so far.  neither TP nor sim crossing in vehicles.

Edit again: but actually, after further testing, it is just as bad.

Edited by anna2358
added info, and then more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I'm one of the lucky ones who can't reproduce the TP disconnects.
So I tried lowering my Max bandwidth down to the minimum value of 100.

I just did ~100 teleports around different regions and I still can't reproduce a disconnect  >.<

Do you mean after the rolling restart? Otherwise, that is the best evil-burn evar! LOL I had to hop-skip-and-jump as the rolling restart wave kept coming at me this morning. And the first thing I was thinking was "Finaly! [yes, even was misspelled in my thoughts] Heterocera has been needing a rolling restart for a LONG TIME". Then... it occurred to me "Oh, maybe they have fixed the TP issue?"  :) So I'll risk wrongness and presume you mean that part. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Do you mean after the rolling restart? Otherwise, that is the best evil-burn evar! LOL I had to hop-skip-and-jump as the rolling restart wave kept coming at me this morning. And the first thing I was thinking was "Finaly! [yes, even was misspelled in my thoughts] Heterocera has been needing a rolling restart for a LONG TIME". Then... it occurred to me "Oh, maybe they have fixed the TP issue?"  :) So I'll risk wrongness and presume you mean that part. :)

They for sure haven't fixed the TP/SimXing issue for me!

On 4/9/2019 at 3:55 AM, Sith Soulstar said:

Well, after a couple of hours on SL, I can now officially announce that (for me) turning up my bandwith seems to have fixed it. I usually crashed around 6 to 8 times in 3 hours time and I had none today (my teleports were crazy fast actually). In fact, I opened 2 viewers with 2 accounts and left the bandwith low on one viewer while keeping it maxed out on the other and behold : the maxed out one never crashed, the low one crashed twice in an hour. Again : maybe this doesn't work for everybody, but it sure does work for me. I can only advice people to give it a try ; nothing to lose 🙂

PS : I'm on Firestorm viewer

Edited by Sith Soulstar
Corrected grammar. Added viewer.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sith Soulstar said:

I am running on Singularity test build 7503 and am still crashing on the av's I tried today with the bandwidth set to maximum (10k in Singularity). Tomorrow I will try with the official viewer.

I've noticed that after crashing on teleporting I am unable to log into either the region I wanted to go to, or the one I came from, but can log into other places such as Pooley. The message on trying to log in is "Avatar not in Region" when I try to log into either...

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I'm one of the lucky ones who can't reproduce the TP disconnects.
So I tried lowering my Max bandwidth down to the minimum value of 100.

I just did ~100 teleports around different regions and I still can't reproduce a disconnect  >.<

I logged in, and amazingly was able to tp to three different locations, where as yesterday each tp crashed me to quit or IM and quit grey screen reverting skin applied and so on . The TPs worked but then I got the teleport blocked message and tried for each location that I had just been to no issue and got the message each time.

0a8c5b2c18c64968ccb935933bce067f.gif

this is all in one minute as that is as long as the gif is

Edited by Sasy Scarborough

16 hours ago, Sith Soulstar said:

Well, after a couple of hours on SL, I can now officially announce that (for me) turning up my bandwith seems to have fixed it. I usually crashed around 6 to 8 times in 3 hours time and I had none today (my teleports were crazy fast actually). 🙂

I tried the same thing in Firestorm last night, and had no disconnects either.   Previously it was set at the recommended maximum, which is (IIRC) about half the highest.    My actual available bandwidth is significantly higher than the highest value that Firestorm allows. 

Also there was a notice about rolling restarts this morning; anyone know if this is another attempted fix for this issue?

1 hour ago, paragonfanfare said:

Also there was a notice about rolling restarts this morning; anyone know if this is another attempted fix for this issue?

Yes, "teleport improvements" have been rolled to all the RC regions.

See:

Unfortunately, for me anyway, the fix doesn't work.
I know how to reproduce the TP disconnect fairly reliably now & I reproduced it twice within 10 minutes teleporting between RC regions on the new server version  :(

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Yes, "teleport improvements" have been rolled to all the RC regions.

See:

Unfortunately, for me anyway, the fix doesn't work.
I know how to reproduce the TP disconnect fairly reliably now & I reproduced it twice within 10 minutes teleporting between RC regions on the new server version  :(

It's an improvement though.

Right? o.O

11 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's an improvement though.

Right? o.O

From that post, it sounds more like one of the devs said "hey, I found something that could be causing it, but probably isn't.  Why don't we roll it into the logging release and see if it helps anyway?"

22 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Well I was bitching about not being able to reproduce the bug.  Now I can haha.
Me and my big mouth...   :D

I know what you mean. I kept waiting for it to happen and it never did. But once I stopped thinking about it, it started happening. 

Augh! Get it off me! 

ahhhh-a-spider-get-it-off-me_o_883936.gi

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, paragonfanfare said:

From that post, it sounds more like one of the devs said "hey, I found something that could be causing it, but probably isn't.  Why don't we roll it into the logging release and see if it helps anyway?"

You got that from this?

We have a deloy to RC channels that is happening right now.  It includes some extra logging for teleporting and some teleport improvements.    I'll update everything proper  with versions sometime today.  -version 19.04.09.526122

-Bugsly

2 hours ago, paragonfanfare said:

When trying to find the cause of a corner case for XXX,  "some XXX improvements"  typically means "well I found something, but it's probably not what's wrong."

Not where I work.  If one of us claims 'improvements' then it had better not be a guess and it had better improve at least something for some cases.

• Like 1

Sick to the back teeth of TP crashes, and sudden crashes some even reboot my PC. Dunno if it's SL or the Firestrom viewer but after 16 years to make the game stable I'd call LL a FAIL. I would'nt even play it anymore except I have friends here now.

34 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Sick to the back teeth of TP crashes, and sudden crashes some even reboot my PC. Dunno if it's SL or the Firestrom viewer but after 16 years to make the game stable I'd call LL a FAIL. I would'nt even play it anymore except I have friends here now.

Have you tried another viewer? Yes, sure, the grid is having issues, but if you're crashing so hard that it sometimes requires a computer restart... that sounds like a local software issue to me. (Oh, and 2015 to 2019 isn't 15 years. Use that account to post or no street-cred for you! LOL)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

It's not the viewer. It's on LL's end and they know this.

If your pc is rebooting itself, then your issue is either not the same or you're having the same tp issue as everyone else plus there is an issue with your computer. 

Eliminate all possiblities on your end first, then address the tp issue, if you still have it.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.