teleport down?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Fionalein said:

The crashes are disconnects during teleports, if you now can explain me how client side graphics hardware can affect the connection I would be more than happy. I still doubt it is EEP connected, might be some bug uploaded to the simulators the same time EEP got deployed...

My guess is it is preparation forthe "Going to the cloud" process where inter-simulator communication will need to change (and they can prematurely deploy the changes in their local net - IMHO anything that will work in the cloud should work in a local serverfarm as well)

Well, it might be a timeout. SL waits to load things while you teleport and only actually releases you from the loading screen when there's something to show. If specific hardware occasionally fails to load the new skies (or such) the client might keep waiting until it reaches the maximum time and disconnects you. Speculation mainly, I don't know how the client is coded, but theoretically possible.

1 minute ago, Cinos Field said:

Well, it might be a timeout. SL waits to load things while you teleport and only actually releases you from the loading screen when there's something to show.

?

Explain the empty landscapes with render lag I TP into then - that is not how it works...

24 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The crashes are disconnects during teleports, if you now can explain me how client side graphics hardware can affect the connection I would be more than happy.

Grabbing straws:

We know eep skies are now asset fetches. This comes from inventory.
While you teleport it's quite time sensative, we know this from animat's testing of his bikes
Maybe there is some asset related issue during teleport where the sky to load isn't available
Result disconnect.

Not sure, but since I turned off skies, not a crash - so now to turn them on.....

6 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I would predict that it's a problem with some hardware. Presumably AMD since SL doesn't really like their stuff. Is anyone with Nvidia affected?

As Fionalein stated, hardware shouldn't have any bearing, but to answer your question directly: I have Nvidia 1070it and it happens frequently to me, in both Firestorm and Singularity.

There is a potential fix for the teleport disconnects that was rolled to all 3 RC servers today - BlueSteel, Magnum & LeTigre.
Is anyone still able to reproduce the teleport disconnects when TPing between two RC regions?
If all goes well with this potential fix, I expect it will be rolled to the main channel regions next Tuesday.

NOTE!
If you are a Singularity viewer user, there is another bug affecting Singularity that is causing a disconnect ~ every 15 minutes &/or teleport disconnects.
This is a separate bug with a different cause to the one filed at BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS
Singularity have a proposed fix for this Singularity specific bug in their latest viewer build that can be downloaded here: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/
As far as I'm aware this Singularity fix will not fix the main TP disconnect bug that's affecting all viewers though.

• Thanks 4

I know that, in all of my 12 years on SL combined, I have litterally never failed to teleport as much as in the last 2 weeks alone. This is absolutely a LL problem and they need to fix it or at least admit they have a problem because this really isn't funny any more.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sith Soulstar said:

... This is absolutely a LL problem and they need to fix it or at least admit they have a problem ...

They do know, Sith ... and support isn't ignoring but assuring THAT they are aware of it and working on it.

Patience is asked.

And if there is anything residents can think of info to LL that helps - aside of pouting just because - they will gladly take it.

;)

On 4/3/2019 at 10:40 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

There is a potential fix for the teleport disconnects that was rolled to all 3 RC servers today - BlueSteel, Magnum & LeTigre.
Is anyone still able to reproduce the teleport disconnects when TPing between two RC regions?
If all goes well with this potential fix, I expect it will be rolled to the main channel regions next Tuesday.

Next Tue can't come fast enough.  Every third TP is a failure today and while cancelling the TP does give the blocked message, I can no longer just repeat the TP and get it to work.  Every freakin time it decides to act up, it totally freezes my avi - I can still cam and read notices and mess with other viewer windows, but the avi is frozen.  The only fix is to either wait a minute or two for the disconnect notice or just close the viewer myself.  I've had the TP screen enabled and disabled and that seems to make no difference -- though I am going to give 'derendering the sky' a try next.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 9:40 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

NOTE!
If you are a Singularity viewer user, there is another bug affecting Singularity that is causing a disconnect ~ every 15 minutes &/or teleport disconnects.
This is a separate bug with a different cause to the one filed at BUG-226577 - TPs (Teleports) causing Grid Disconnects and grey screen QUITS
Singularity have a proposed fix for this Singularity specific bug in their latest viewer build that can be downloaded here: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/
As far as I'm aware this Singularity fix will not fix the main TP disconnect bug that's affecting all viewers though.

I was experiencing teleport timeout disconnects just a couple of days ago. It lasted two/three days and hasn't happened since day before yesterday.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ETA: Forgot to mention I'm still on FS (64) 5.1.7.55786

Edited by Selene Gregoire

On 4/4/2019 at 3:40 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Just crashed between 2 RC regions - so I am not sure it's fixed.

Edited by Shudo
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Shudo said:

Just crashed between 2 RC regions - so I am not sure it's fixed.

Yeah unfortunately you're not the only one to report that....
It seems the fix on the RC regions isn't working  :(

Edit to add:  If you get a TP disconnect between 2 RC regions again, please can you give the following information so Lindens can look at the server logs:

• Account name affected.
  • Start region & destination region
  • Viewer used  (don't use Singularity - it has another disconnect bug that's just complicating matters).
  • Date/SLT time of disconnect.
Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

If you get a TP disconnect between 2 RC regions again, please can you give the following information so Lindens can look at the server logs:

Is there a setting that will display if your location is an RC region or not?  Otherwise, if I disconnect then I have to return to wherever I tried to TP from and then to where I'm trying to TP to in order to check the Help.

Nevermind - just found it

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

13 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

(it seems to be a timing-sensitive failure in the hand-off between one simulator and the next)

Seems to be? I figured that out the first time it happened to me after seeing so many others have the issue before it ever started for me. The "you've been logged out of SL" message made it kind of obvious. :SwingingFriends:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.