lindens

itsjustTommie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some sellers may be generous enough to refund you if you have made a double purchase of an item or if the item is no copy/transfer they may let you return the purchase and get your money back but these are down to whether or not the seller chooses to offer these otherwise you wont get your money back

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, itsjustTommie said:

how do I get my money bk

As noted above unless the item is transfer (meaning you can give the item BACK to the person you bought it from) it is unlikely you will get your money back.  Be more careful before buying next time. There are usually a couple of warnings asking you if you want to buy something. Reading is a GOOD thing. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, itsjustTommie said:

how do I get my money bk

You ask, VERY NICELY the person who makes/sells the item. You explain your problem and ask very politely if they would consider a refund.

If the item is copyable, they will almost certainly say no, because you can't give it back and it's impossible for you to prove you've deleted it from your inventory.

Consider this a lesson in being careful that you really want the item before clicking "purchase".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, itsjustTommie said:

I don't respond to haters 

If you are referring to Solar's response, she's not a "hater." She's just kind of rude. She's that way with pretty much everyone, so don't take it personally.

Unfortunately, she's also correct: your only real option is to ask the merchant very nicely for a refund -- and if, as Matty says, it's an item that can be copied, it's very unlikely they'll comply, because you'd still be able to keep a copy of the item even after receiving your refund. Please remember that the items that you purchase here are produced by real people -- other residents, just like you -- who have invested real time, effort, and money into producing the goods that they sell. Many will try to rectify this kind of mistake where they can, but if the merchants here just handed money back to purchasers every time someone demanded it, they'd be out of business very quickly. Just like in real life, actually.

I might also add that the people here, on this forum, who have answered this question are also residents, just like you: they are real people, and not service representatives of LL, or of the merchants, and they have taken time out of their day to respond out of a desire to be helpful. It might be nice if your responses were a bit less peremptory and demanding, and displayed some recognition of that fact? Basic courtesy goes a long way.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If you are referring to Solar's response, she's not a "hater." She's just kind of rude. She's that way with pretty much everyone, so don't take it personally.

Unfortunately, she's also correct: your only real option is to ask the merchant very nicely for a refund

I know you meant to write they. Solar's a nice enough guy all-in-all, he just doesn't tolerate idiots - which is fair enough.

Edited by Shudo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shudo said:

I know you meant to write they.

Um, sure?

3 minutes ago, Shudo said:

Solar's a nice enough guy all-in-all, he just doesn't tolerate idiots - which is fair enough.

Um, sure?

They did once offer me fresh baked cookies, after all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

They did once offer me fresh baked cookies, after all.

As you were told Solar is male, you could feel free to use the "He" pronoun from now on.

Edited by Shudo
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Heh, I know I have a femme side (if you've looked at the albums linked in my signature, that is quite evident) but yeah - I'm male. 

Well, let's just pretend that I was quietly and subtly celebrating your femme side, shall we? 😀

Sorry about the mistake, Solar!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Aww you changed your picture. I'd have voted for the old one for prettiest avatar in sl.

What a really sweet thing to say! Thank you!

I've chosen to go with "perplexed" and "slightly dismayed" rather than "pretty" for the time being, but that hair style and look is one of my favourites, so I'm sure that pic (or one like it) will be back.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.