Can I give others parcel management ability WITHOUT deeding the land to a group?

DorianaCele

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, as a parcel owner, I want to know is there any  way  I can let others manage the parcel (by using the "about land" tools), without deeding the land to a group? I already set the land to a group in which they are owners. But they told me they cannot exercise parcel manager rights if the land is still under my name and only set to the group, not deeded to it. (And I do wanna have my name as owner, not with a group name as owner). Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, DorianaCele said:

Hello everyone, as a parcel owner, I want to know is there any  way  I can let others manage the parcel (by using the "about land" tools), without deeding the land to a group? I already set the land to a group in which they are owners. But they told me they cannot exercise parcel manager rights if the land is still under my name and only set to the group, not deeded to it. (And I do wanna have my name as owner, not with a group name as owner). Thank you very much!

the answer is they are right, set a parcel to a group will not transfer the rights they have in the group to the landcontrols.
You'll have to make the group owner, and not your name...BUT you do not need to make them owner in that group!, you can set their abilities in the roles. It's never wise to make others than yourself the owner, they can do everything with the land as you, including sell it!.
In this case i'd make a new group, you and a alt as only owner, and the others a new role/or officer with LIMITED abilities in the group.
The process of deed to group is known i assume.

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Everything Ethan said is correct, plus, don't forget, set land to group, and you get a 10% land bonus

The 10% bonus is only if you deed the land to the group (the group owns the land) - simply setting the land to a group while a single account still owns it won't get the bonus. Just clarifying this. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The 10% bonus is only if you deed the land to the group (the group owns the land) - simply setting the land to a group while a single account still owns it won't get the bonus. Just clarifying this. :)

My bad, I meant it was a bonus only if you follow Ethans instructions about deeding to group.

Thank you.

:)

18 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

My bad, I meant it was a bonus only if you follow Ethans instructions about deeding to group.

Thank you.

:)

Not a "bad" at all LOL Sometimes we forget an important detail (I do that all the time). So I was just appending, not amending your statement :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.