WingalingDragon

Lighting not showing up properly unless object is selected?

Posted (edited)

Hiya, I ran into an odd problem today when setting up an area, where the lighting would reflect beautifully off a water surface(non linden water), but only when the object producing the light was selected via right click or the edit menu.  After messing around with it, it seems to work the same on other surfaces too besides the water, and it even worked this way when creating a box and using lighting from that. 

I've messed with all sorts of overall lighting/graphic settings in preferences, as well as trying changing windlights, and messing with the lighting's numerical settings, but i can only prevent it from happening at all, not make it function the way it does when it's selected.  These objects work like this on another computer/account, so I ended up ruling out it being some local setting(unless we had the same setting on incorrectly).   Any idea what could be causing this or how to prevent it? 

Edited by WingalingDragon

Posted (edited)

It's on our own land, but the item is called JIAN Koi Pond Gazebo.  Here's a link to the store page if that helps:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JIAN-Koi-Pond-Gazebo/13272016

The items producing light were just ones we added light to via the features tab, and making a box with that also worked the same strange way.  As a side note, in case it matters, I went and disabled the other lights but it was still being wonky after that x.x

Edit: So at some point later, a few of the lights started working properly, so maybe disabling the others had some kind of delayed effect somehow? 
Edit 2:  Aaaand they stopped again XD

Edited by WingalingDragon
Weirdness :D
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'd need to come & see the scene to have any idea what's causing the problem.
You can PM me the location if you want.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Thanks 1