lucagrabacr

LL in the process of connecting Jeogeot to Sansara!? (They are connecting the continents!)

Posted (edited)

So a friend of mine told me that the driver of SL group told its members to look for "Jetsam" on the world map, and this is what I found.

411161568_LLconnectingcontinents1.png.f1343dd22e1c54de9b06d1b958c3db2e.png

2025599215_LLconnectingcontinents2.png.2017dc2e3285ca879108c0dc222e47f5.png

OMG, IS LL FINALLY CONNECTING THE SEPARATE CONTINENTS? O: (other than the ones that are already connected)

Edited by lucagrabacr
adding details
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

It appears that the new Linden Homes are going in that area. 

OMG that makes a lot of sense! Explains the docks and houseboats in the new linden homes area / preview too! It would be much more appealing to people now that they are connected to a channel that connects the mainland continents! Wow u wu

Actually kinda thought about something like this, like what if a private sims owner decide to make such a channel and have rentable lands along it, darn lol, shows that LL is really amping their effort on SL c=

I hope they make a long toll bridge too to go along with it for those who prefer driving rather than sailing / flying :P my friend said so too

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Time to break out the sailboat! Hopefully the sim crossings will be good.

It was good! I went there on a helicopter with a friend and found some people who have also sailed / went there!

Snapshot_3506.thumb.png.87c2cf994073c116a128f9cd7074e6b1.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Excited to see Jeogeot will finally get a closer link to Sansara and the other mainland continents. Hopefully some points of interest or archipelagos will be put along this new channel otherwise whats there doesn't look very exciting to sail

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wonder how long it would take to make the trip in a paddle boat. I used to love getting out on the rivers and streams with mine. 

Oh wow. Les still has them up for sale and on the MP!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Paddle-Boat-21/46407

and for those who like sharing the fun:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Paddle-Boat-Rezzer-and-personal-craft-v12/46411

Les is another of the oldbie creators that I miss. Used to love hanging around his shop and watching him build and testing scripts. Damn. That was a long time ago. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wonder how long it would take to make the trip in a paddle boat. I used to love getting out on the rivers and streams with mine. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Paddle-Boat-Rezzer-and-personal-craft-v12/46411

Les is another of the oldbie creators that I miss. Used to love hanging around his shop and watching him build and testing scripts. Damn. That was a long time ago. 

Another thing that will eventually vanish because certain folks on the Forums had their ways :(

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't think so. Les is still around. He just doesn't post often.

ah good

• Like 1

Livestreaming from the ends of the channel now, some people are waiting for the rest of the channel to be put up!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wonder how long it would take to make the trip in a paddle boat. I. 

I don't know about paddle-boats, but swimming from the coast of Jeogeot up to the last region in the channel at Salt Breeze took me just under half an hour.

180419_008s.png.365bbae8a476ab5093146d81f8beec02.png

And god, it's boring under there (the pic above was taken somewhere else; it does NOT look like that in the new channel).

• Like 2

Took me about 10 minutes to get from land to the end of the new channel in a speedboat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

And god, it's boring under there (the pic above was taken somewhere else; it does NOT look like that in the new channel).

Nice pic aquaman! Hopefully, there will be underwater landscapes added in the future. A great kelp forest, or coral reefs, etc, would go well with the water theme. 

• Like 2

Hi everybody, there is already an older thread about connecting the continents.

Connect the Continents:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/423453-connect-the-continents/?page=8

Why don't we continue there?  There is a lot of information in the previous posts in there.  😊

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MeesterP said:

Hi everybody, there is already an older thread about connecting the continents.

Connect the Continents:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/423453-connect-the-continents/?page=8

Why don't we continue there?  There is a lot of information in the previous posts in there.  😊

Because reasons. But I find it amusing that it's you who wants to draw attention to that nefarious thread =^.^=

22 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I like to rezz a toobie and just paddle along. Its slow, but sim crossing are pretty stable. And if you do lose a toobie, just walk to the next rezz zone and rezz another.

Plus you can always beg a ride from a handsome rich guy that drives by on his high priced yacht.

:)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Nice pic aquaman! Hopefully, there will be underwater landscapes added in the future. A great kelp forest, or coral reefs, etc, would go well with the water theme. 

Perhaps make the sims life enabled and add people-eating sharks. That would add some interest when you lose your boat at a sim crossing.

I went and checked it out, I didn't realize from the picture, but the channel is 2 sims wide. Very nice. I look forward to the channel being completed.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line
  • Like 1

I would love to see sharks! There was this old arcade game where you controlled a shark to eat people. I loved that game. But we should have other animals too. Killer whales, regular whales, dolphins, octopuses, etc. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

SSP regions are beginning to appear East North of the new channel

image.png.20f87f87b9013bcdfc2903dd941b5f78.png

Edit: forgot to post, also new watersims south of Sansara

image.png.e15841f1cbb348d93ae0f75ea6c13308.png

Edited by lucagrabacr
adding more stuff
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I guess this is the in-between continent where the new Linden homes are going? 

They've moved the Boardroom Infohub, It's where I'd go to jump to the Hair Fair. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cayenne Republic said:

They've moved the Boardroom Infohub, It's where I'd go to jump to the Hair Fair. 

Yeah saw that too! I hope they move it back to connect it to the mainland again.

New update: SSP regions' names began to pop up

image.png.c139eef8a16f74d21be9ee6f1bf10d3a.png

• Like 1