You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it possible for there to be a script of some sort that references outfits? Instead of having to open up the Appearance window and doing all the clicking to change outfits, I'd like to avoid the hassle. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use chat commands to switch between outfits (so whatever code is executed when I click "Wear - Replace current outfit" is run by the command I enter). If, even possible, is something that can only be accomplished though a HUD, I'd be fine with that.

I've enabled RLV and looked through the list of commands, but there seems to only be commands to remove clothing/attachments. How would I add clothing/attachments? Do I have to write a script to add/remove each item one by one, or can I reference sets of items (outfits/folders)? Are RLV scripts written like normal scripts, and where do these scripts go? The #RLV folder?

55 minutes ago, verixx said:

I've enabled RLV and looked through the list of commands, but there seems to only be commands to remove clothing/attachments. How would I add clothing/attachments? Do I have to write a script to add/remove each item one by one, or can I reference sets of items (outfits/folders)? Are RLV scripts written like normal scripts, and where do these scripts go? The #RLV folder?

"RLV scripts" are written exactly like normal scripts. The main difference is that RLV-specific commands are given by the script through llOwnerSay exclusively.

For example: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Toy_Wylie/RLV_Documentation/detach

llOwnerSay("@detach:OutfitNameHere=force");
llOwnerSay("@detach:Folder/Subfolder/OutfitNameHere=force");

When detaching entire folders, the folder name ("OutfitNameHere" in this case) must be inside the #RLV system folder. RLV will not touch folders outside of the #RLV system folder. This is a problem because the outfits (shown in Appearance) cannot be linked, so you (and any other user) would have to maintain separate copies of their outfits by hand, which might not be very fun if you make lots of changes to your existing outfits.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 3:22 AM, verixx said:

Instead of having to open up the Appearance window and doing all the clicking to change outfits, I'd like to avoid the hassle. 

Why do you use the Appearance window to change outfits?  You can change your clothing with the inventory window as well.  The Appearance window is better used to save complete outfits to your inventory's "Outfit" system folder.  After that, all you have to do is open the Outfits folder, right click the outfit folder you want to wear, and choose "Replace Outfit." 

Even with a script that communicates with your client/viewer, like RLV or a bot client that supports outfit swaps, you'll need to organize outfit files the same way to be accessed through your #RLV folder, and then you still need to create the scripts to make it all work.

Edited by RozWright

1 hour ago, RozWright said:

Why do you use the Appearance window to change outfits?  You can change your clothing with the inventory window as well.  The Appearance window is better used to save complete outfits to your inventory's "Outfit" system folder.  After that, all you have to do is open the Outfits folder, right click the outfit folder you want to wear, and choose "Replace Outfit." 

I don't even go to that much trouble.  I just drag the outfit folder from Inventory and drop it on myself. It changes outfits in a snap.  There's no need to use the Appearance window  or even select "Replace Outfit."  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.