Need to Install New Firestorm Viewer,Cannot Uninstall PreviousOne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, can't say this has been a dull week. Still attempting to upgrade my Firestorm Viewer to the most recent version, as the previous one no longer works. At this point, after failing plan A, I am hoping to complete the mythical plan B. My issue now is my HP Windows 10 will not uninstall the defunct version. I did press uninstall from control panel and when that did not work, I went for the uninstall from the firestorm link on the Start page. Both time I got as far as the pop up asking me if I wanted to uninstall the program. I pressed yes both times, and nothing happened after that.

.I am getting tired of the PC not working right..Any ideas? I ran out of mine..

Edited by SierraStyles

For a few releases now uninstalling of Firestorm has not been necessary.  As said above BACKUP YOUR SETTINGS  and then install the correct version for your computer.  Much easier now thanks to the work of the Firestorm team.

Presumably this will work fine for you. If not then you could install the Linden viewer in order to contact the inworld Firestorm Support group. 

I don't know anyone who has waited this long to udate their Firestorm, so I guess there "could" be issues. Hopefully not. 

EDIT:   If you were on the Animesh Beta viewer, it was installed in a differently named file folder.   I still have those files on my computer. Not sure if I could uninstall them but I have plenty of room on my SSD so not a problem and I am just leaving them there for now. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

I downloaded the 6.0.2 , and it was not this week, it was a week or two ago due to RL stuff.. The current update  does not show in my programs listing, even though I downloaded it already. The expired one does though..{the 6.0.1) So far, only Black Dragon and Firestorm worked on my PC, and something went wrong with Black Dragon a month after I got it on my PC {I was out of town   , away from my network.}

8 hours ago, SierraStyles said:

I downloaded the 6.0.2 , and it was not this week, it was a week or two ago due to RL stuff.. The current update  does not show in my programs listing, even though I downloaded it already. The expired one does though..{the 6.0.1) So far, only Black Dragon and Firestorm worked on my PC, and something went wrong with Black Dragon a month after I got it on my PC {I was out of town   , away from my network.}

Did you run the installer or just download it?

I thought I did. I have never had so much trouble trying to get a viewer up and running. I have clicked on the actual download several times to install it, but I get as far as saying yes, I want to run it on the PC, and then nothing.  I was hoping to enter a photo competition and this is getting to be frustrating. Kind of makes me wish I did not have the 6.0.1 to begin with.. Something's not working, but I don't know what .

Linden Labs viewer does not work on my PC, at this point in time . I had CtrlAltStudio for a good bit of time, then the developer decided not to update/upgrade it. Then came Black Dragon, which was fine until I took a trip out of town for the holidays in 2017. after that, Firestorm, and was doing pretty much okay until the 6.0.1 beta ,some minor issues before that, no biggies compared to the 6.0.1 version..

I have the imperfect Windows 10. 8.1 was better.. I don't remember, it was in 2017.  I was happy with Black Dragon, but when it stopped working, I had to go through other possibilities. I finally got Firestorm, and until the 6.0.1 beta, only minor issues. I probably need a different PC, but don't want to  end up with another  one that does not work for what I need it to do..its a definite puzzler.

Edited by SierraStyles

Here's the thing for some reason, LL does not work on my pc. I have no idea why. I downloaded both versions. 32 bit installed, opened ,my avie was cloudy and then the ever miserable blue circle logged my cloudy avie out.. Said I had 10 messages/chats, but those disappeared too. I just wish I  knew what is/was wrong e=with this computer. I thought I was buying a pc from a brand with a good rep, but it all went downhill since I went out of town  one month after I bought it..That is beyond ridiculous..

49 minutes ago, SierraStyles said:

Here's the thing for some reason, LL does not work on my pc. I have no idea why. I downloaded both versions. 32 bit installed, opened ,my avie was cloudy and then the ever miserable blue circle logged my cloudy avie out.. Said I had 10 messages/chats, but those disappeared too. I just wish I  knew what is/was wrong e=with this computer. I thought I was buying a pc from a brand with a good rep, but it all went downhill since I went out of town  one month after I bought it..That is beyond ridiculous..

What are the specs of your PC? Graphics card, RAM, HD? Do a clean install of the FS viewer. You may have a corrupted file somewhere.. https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_install

• 1 month later...

Well right now I'm on my cell phone. My cat messed up my computer and I am not able to be on SL. And I don't know what to buy that's reasonably priced that will also run SL. I'd like to get a Dell but no idea if they have a computer that would do that as well as be reasonably priced. Finding a cat proof model would be great too. A cat proof laptop would be fantastic.

Edited by SierraStyles
Word repetition

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.