You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And what is 'right'? That is a philosophical and sociological question which would be based on an infinite number of variables. 'right' for one is not 'right' for another. Humans are a pack animal and as such 99% fall into pack social acceptible behaviour in order to be accepted as part of a group. Humans as a spicies is weak without the inbuilt village mentallity instinct.

• Like 2

I swore (those who know me can attest to that) I would foreswear these forae but the title.. too hard to resist.

I hereby derail with something odd for me because sometimes ~!WRONG != (string)RIGHT -= possibly

mais quand on laissez les bons temps rouler as we say

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Let's see ......  it's ...  FRIDAY!  😎

Was Saturday here when you posted that, so that makes you wrong on this side of the world. But make you right on your side. Which means my computer is also a time machine allowing me to comunicate with someone in the past. Unfortunately i have so far failed to extend the temperal field past a few hours due to the Langoliers.

Edited by steph Arnott
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wandering Soulstar said:

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be going through life being the only one who knows what is right 

I am so glad someone appreciates my struggle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I may be wrong, but if I'm not then I am left with the conclusion that you must be wrong.  Therefore it's my right to say you're wrong.  But then you'll be down while I am up and that's wrong. When the chips are down, you have as much right as I do to to be left feeling up even if you're wrong.

Right?

So what's left? Let's both forget who's right. Go forward and back each other's right to have an opinion, especially when the facts are confusing and we both may have things inside out.  🙃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unless it is philosophy that entertains, possibly even producing a smile or chuckle, as Rolig's most certainly did.

Well it is better than small talk. Or listening to the types that do nothing but complain or tell you all their problems and leave you feeling that you wish you had just hung yourself.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unless it is philosophy that entertains, possibly even producing a smile or chuckle

That's the lovely thing about philosophy. It can lead you down unexpected pathways to Truth, strewing confusion along the way -- a constant reminder that the most important decisions we have to make are rarely black and white. It helps to maintain a sense of humor.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's the lovely thing about philosophy. It can lead you down unexpected pathways to Truth, strewing confusion along the way -- a constant reminder that the most important decisions we have to make are rarely black and white. It helps to maintain a sense of humor.

A bad headache in the mourning from too much red wine in my case.

Edited by steph Arnott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.