Belleza Freya Fitmesh problem

LynValentine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a problem with like 30% of all fitmesh outfits for Belleza Freya.

These Outfits are all more or less like this (Breastsize in the picture is 100, but the outfit looks like its made for size 110 or 120).

I tried to reduce the Breastsize even to 0 and then the outfit looks like its made for Breastsize 10 or 20. With Isis or Venus this doesn't happen, no matter what breastsize you use, only with Freya.

I don't know if there is one Mesher in SL that is the source for like 30% of all outfits or if several Meshers make this error (no clue if its a bug or a error while making the mesh).

breastbug.png

I don't think it is an actual error, it looks to me like the model being used for Freya when making and rigging the mesh is probably that large breasted.  That would account for so many of the Freya clothes to fit like that.  Not much can be done about that unless the model used gets the breast proportions decreased.  Or perhaps it is the way it is rigged?  but more likely the mesh is just made that large.

48 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I don't think it is an actual error, it looks to me like the model being used for Freya when making and rigging the mesh is probably that large breasted.  That would account for so many of the Freya clothes to fit like that.  Not much can be done about that unless the model used gets the breast proportions decreased.  Or perhaps it is the way it is rigged?  but more likely the mesh is just made that large.

Yes, but its not only this one outfit, this problem exists with many outfits (old and new). It looks like the meshers used old (and maybe guessed) numbers without even checking that the mesh really fits. I have found this "bug" in old fitmesh outfits and also in new outfits (thats why i assume that some mesher use old numbers without checking if that actually fits a freya body).

It’s possible that the creator used a “bootleg” version of the developers kit.

The big three have pretty ridiculous requirements to getting a kit, like having a store, being a known creator, etc. Instead of making the kits easily available, for whatever reason, they’ve created a barrier of entry for new creators.

So an entry level creator has to resort to some interesting methods to create for the most widely used bodies.

The fit problem is in both the model being used and in what is called "Weight Painting".  The process of weight painting is a system that determines how much each vertex is effected by animations and by the slider settings in the [Edit My Shape] window.   Each vertex of an outfit needs to have the exact same weight as the adjacent vertex of the mesh avatar.  
It seems there are far too many clothing modelers who don't take the time to weight paint for each mesh brand they model for - resulting in problems such as in the first image above.
In my case, I have the correct Weight information for my avatar mesh (since I am the creator), therefore most of my clothes have avoided the same problem, but even when getting to extremes or when modeling shapes that are not exactly the same as the underlying avatar - such as loose fitting clothes - the vertexes can get away from you.   Believe me.... this stuff is hard!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167675

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by HeatherD Tungsten

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

Probably the clothing mesher

This was already mentioned in the thread long before your comment and mostly debunked. Though it serves as an excellent reminder that one should never, ever buy anything without trying the demo first and scrutinizing. If there is no demo then there is no sale or at least there shouldn't be, though some will just throw their L$ around willy-nilly then complain without right to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.