Maitreya Lara Tattoo

Mitzie Mohr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a little clumsy with mesh appliers and don't understand something.  I want to apply a tattoo to Maitreya Laura and have the applier kit.  The instructions says:  "drag the script "Maitreya Applier Script - V2 0.10" in to your prim(s)"   What prim?  I haven't created a prim have I?

Mitzie 

Have you purchased the tattoo applier from a store? If so, then all you need to do is right-click-add the applier HUD from your inventory, then click on it to wear the tattoo on your Lara body. You may also have to go into the layers tab of the body's HUD and set the tattoo layer to show.

The above assumes that the tattoo is a Maitreya-compatible one, showing this logo on the ad or HUD:

maitreya.jpg.8ba0507cfd646d56a783652ca2dec5d7.jpg

If, instead, you only see the Omega logo on the ad or HUD, which looks like a variant of the below image -

omega_logo.png.6ea7dc7a4a108561577b4dff84b829e0.png

- then you'll also need to buy and wear the Omega relay for Maitreya before applying the tattoo.

The drag the script into the prim sounds like instructions for making a custom tattoo, which if you are trying to do, then yes your texture will need to be applied to a prim.

Edited by Talligurl

It sounds like you are trying to make an applier. You will need to drag the script into a prim that will act as the applier. You will also have to fill out the information in a notecard for the textures. You will need the UUID numbers of the texture you have created to put into the notecard. You will drag the notecard into the prim. The script will read the notecard and then delete the notecard. You should then be able to use the applier to apply your tattoo.

Thank you Blush.  That's exactly what I've done.  Just to clarify:  I obtained the Maitreya Dev Kit Tattoo/Clothing and inside the kit are instructions and the script for the prim and the notecard.  I made a prim (create) and dropped the script in it, got the UUID from the texture and completed the notecard with the UUID for the texture.  As you say, I now have an applier.  What do I do with the applier?  I've tried to wear or add it, that's no good.  I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks

you should wear the applier as a HUD. taking that in mind, it should be sufficiently small enough not to overwhelm your screen. after it's placed on your screen, just touch it and a dialog menu will ask you which layer you'd like it to be applied to: tattoo, underwear, or clothing.

• Like 2

Encore is correct, just attach it as a HUD and touch the prim and you'll get a menu asking which layer you want to apply to. Incidentally, you don't actually have to wear it. If you had touched that prim while still rezzed on your floor you would have gotten the same menu.

Ah...thanks.  I rezed it and touched it and got the HUD with the three options Tattoo, Skin, Clothing so now understand how that works.  Sadly, the tattoo doesn't show up on the naked avatar skin so I've got something else wrong that I'll need to figure out.  

There may be more info at the Omega website, if the notecard isn't specific enough: http://slpoweredbyomega.com/dev-kit-instructions-v4-0/

Things to check:

• You've enabled the Maitreya HUD's tattoo layer
  • You've used the correct syntax in the notecard
  • You've set the texture to the correct location (eg: omegaUTattoo, omegaLTattoo, etc)

If it's not working on your body you can take it to the Omega store and try it on their test mannequins, too.

4 hours ago, Mitzie Mohr said:

Ah...thanks.  I rezed it and touched it and got the HUD with the three options Tattoo, Skin, Clothing so now understand how that works.  Sadly, the tattoo doesn't show up on the naked avatar skin so I've got something else wrong that I'll need to figure out.  

In your Maitreya Lara hud, there are different tabs. You have one where you pick the default skins and apply nail and toe polish. You have one where you activate alpha cuts. And you have one for your tattoo, underwear and clothes layer. They are turned off by default, so you must click on them and turn them on, to see what you have applied. This is where you find gloves and socks layers too, in case you have a tattoo that goes over hands and/or feet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

There may be more info at the Omega website, if the notecard isn't specific enough: http://slpoweredbyomega.com/dev-kit-instructions-v4-0/

Things to check:

• You've enabled the Maitreya HUD's tattoo layer
  • You've used the correct syntax in the notecard
  • You've set the texture to the correct location (eg: omegaUTattoo, omegaLTattoo, etc)

If it's not working on your body you can take it to the Omega store and try it on their test mannequins, too.

She's using the actual Maitreya applier not the Omega.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

In your Maitreya Lara hud, there are different tabs. You have one where you pick the default skins and apply nail and toe polish. You have one where you activate alpha cuts. And you have one for your tattoo, underwear and clothes layer. They are turned off by default, so you must click on them and turn them on, to see what you have applied. This is where you find gloves and socks layers too, in case you have a tattoo that goes over hands and/or feet.

In addition to this, if you are wearing any other clothing layers it's possible that you can get an alpha glitch which will prevent the tattoo from showing. So, if you are wearing any other applier clothing, be sure you hit the mask mode button under those layers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.