[Resolved] Chatlog Problems

Holger Gilruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, maybe someone has a idea.

The Original Viewer and die Firestorm are the most common used Viewers here and i really have a problem. I thought they are the same but not in chatlog. Have you ever seen that the chatlog from Firestorm is not available in Original, and the Original is not available in Firestorm?

Just because of the different names they use.

The original Viewer use: "holger_gilruth" as name and ALL the others use "Holger Gilruth"

Thats why i wondering if maybe someone has a idea how to change that all to the original option for example?

Edited by Holger Gilruth

By default, the LL viewer & Firestorm will save chat logs to a different location.
You can of course choose to save chat logs on both viewers to the same location.

The chat log format between different viewers is a mess.  It depends which selection of viewers you use how you need to set up the chat log naming options in your Firestorm preferences if you save chatlogs from different viewers to the same location.

In Firestorm, go to Preferences -> Privacy -> Logs & Transcripts.
You need to be aware of the "Use legacy file name format for transcripts" setting and the "Add date stamp to file names" setting.

I don't have time to double check right now but I believe you need "Use legacy file name format for transcripts" disabled and "Add date stamp to file names" disabled so that the FS & LL viewer logs/transcripts can be shared correctly.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

By default, the LL viewer & Firestorm will save chat logs to a different location.
You can of course choose to save chat logs on both viewers to the same location.

The chat log format between different viewers is a mess.  It depends which selection of viewers you use how you need to set up the chat log naming options in your Firestorm preferences if you save chatlogs from different viewers to the same location.

In Firestorm, go to Preferences -> Privacy -> Logs & Transcripts.
You need to be aware of the "Use legacy file name format for transcripts" setting and the "Add date stamp to file names" setting.

I don't have time to double check right now but I believe you need "Use legacy file name format for transcripts" disabled and "Add date stamp to file names" disabled so that the FS & LL viewer logs/transcripts can be shared correctly.

That is the solution.

Thank you very much

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.