Region windlight/environment problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use the latest firestorm viewer and I noticed that my sim looked different today. I have always had a windlight from firestorm's list of windlights set as fixed sky on my region.

Today I see a new windlight with a string of numbers as name in the environment settings. When I try to change back to my old windlight it just changes back to this new number one.
When I try to change to any other windlight it gives me yet another windlight with another number name. This started happening after today's rollback.

Restarting the region has not helped. Is this is related to Enhanced Environment Project (EEP) perhaps?

The MAIN server channel got updated to EEP today.  We can't see it of course without the EEP viewer.  I have numbers also but not sure if they are newish or if they appeared today.  It does seem logical that the changes are part of EEP but I have not kept up with any of that. You could ask on the EEP thread and likely get an answer quickly there. 

image.thumb.png.e94ccef1fad670e3dc71c4c67d96cf4f.png

• Lindens

The main grid servers rolled to EEP today.  If you are using a legacy viewer you should be able to still set your legacy windlights.  The EEP simulator will do its best to convert them to the new format, but the conversion is not always perfect and you may notice some subtle differences.   The name you are seeing is name of your region combined with a hash generated for the settings on the server.  

For more information about EEP, how to set environments at different altitudes and how to customize environments for parcels you can visit the wiki. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Environmental_Enhancement_Project

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I went to the Nomad region (Motherland)  on Firestorm & the EEP viewer & everything looks as expected.
It looks like you're using "Raymond's Brighter Day" as the region windlight.
This setting seems to have converted over to EEP well & using a legacy viewer (Firestorm), the region windlight looks pretty identical to when viewing "Raymond's Brighter Day" locally.
It also looks as it should on the EEP viewer.

• Thanks 2

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.