Texture Change After Paid

0nizuka Falconer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, 0nizuka Falconer said:

hi, I need help with a script, I would like a prim to change its texture after the price has been paid on that or on a linked prim. The texture must take it from the content. and after a timer, reset the texture to the one that was there before, can someone help me?

this sounds like a rental payment board thing, there are a few of those already in existence, maybe search marketplace and see if you can find something along those lines, most events use them to have booths paid for etc not only store or home rentals.

For a serious script handling payments, ask in the sub fora Inworld Employment and it sounds more you are looking for a scripter to do a job.

Alternative show us, what you scripted so far, texture change based on timer after payment easy, it is the correct handling of payment critical here and I am a little cautious here, as handling say items for sale for 10,000 L$ is quite different than say a1L$ tip jar.

Edited by Rachel1206

Rachel's right.  Changing the texture is easy, but writing a script to handle money is potentially very tricky, especially if you are dealing with large amounts of money.  There are too many ways to go wrong, potentially exposing your account or delivering more (or less) than a customer paid for,  This is a perilous area for a newbie scripter to step into.

As for changing the texture alone, though, all you have to do is

money(key id, integer amount)
{
     if ( whatever_checks_you_make_to_validate_the_transaction == TRUE )
     {
          llSetTexture( Texture_A, face_number);
          llSetTimerEvent(15.0);
     }
     // and whatever else you want to do in the money event ...
}

timer()
{
     llSetTimerEvent(0.0);
     llSetTexture( Texture_B, face_number );
}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.