Sign in to follow this  
animats

Zindra Help Vortex

zindrahelpdown.thumb.jpg.0e85396742571fa58b203234ad105bb1.jpg

Zindra Help Vortex Still there, but out of order.

Zindra once had organization behind it. There are remnants of this in world. There's the Zindra Help Vortex, above. It's off the west coast of Zindra but not connected to it. There was a Zindra Alliance, which still has a building in Zindra, and a Zindra Expo. All that seems to have collapsed in 2012. The Help Vortex is Linden Lab land, but was maintained by a group which is now apparently defunct.

This could use a refresh.

3 hours ago, animats said:

Zindra once had organization behind it. There are remnants of this in world. There's the Zindra Help Vortex, above. It's off the west coast of Zindra but not connected to it. There was a Zindra Alliance, which still has a building in Zindra, and a Zindra Expo. All that seems to have collapsed in 2012.

I think people living/doing business in Zindra just didn't care. How could a resident run group organize a Linden run continent? The only authority they could have had was how many people and the Lab were giving them - which will not have been much.

Posted (edited)

That location is haunted by a host of dusty, dogeared drama. I'm kinda surprised it still exists. Perhaps its remaining value is as a non-Premium Adult sandbox, otherwise I'd wonder why it's there anymore.

Another side of all that drama is enshrined in the "Zindra Mall" at Mosh South. There's a whole rancorous history of how that region got that name--it used to be called "Zindra" believe it or not--and spaces in the strange, almost-completed builds there were to be distributed among winners of Linden-awarded leases, sorta the way Luna Oaks used to work. (For me, the embarrassment is a bit-rotted map that I swear used to work perfectly but now somehow offers teleport destinations a few sims west of where it's touched. I can't even guess what broke.)

[ETA: Well, I figured out what broke. It's been broken ever since the region was renamed, and "Zindra" moved out to sea. That, and the fact the javascript that creates the 2048x2048 media surface that covers the static map was based on the old Google Maps API, since replaced by Leaflet. I actually fixed all that in the version embedded on the Broadwater dock, but completely forgot about the "Zindra Mall" installation -- no clue how it could be updated now, though.]

Edited by Qie Niangao

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

That location is haunted by a host of dusty, dogeared drama.

Yes, I've read through the drama.

If that sim isn't doing anything useful, it would be nice to have it moved over to east of Harriot, at the unfinished corner of Zindra. A sim or two over there would connect up four roads that dead-end into water. Can we have a surfing beach with good surf, please? Zindra needs a new fun Linden thing. Give us a Malibu beach.

(There are a few surfing beaches in SL, where you can use a surfboard and get good waves, but few if any on mainland, and none on adult mainland.)

Edited by animats

6 hours ago, animats said:

Zindra needs a new fun Linden thing. Give us a Malibu beach.

They need to continue expanding the south-east part of the continent, preferably with double prim land. 🙂

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, animats said:

There are a few surfing beaches in SL, where you can use a surfboard and get good waves, but few if any on mainland, and none on adult mainland.

Providunf one would be the job of us residents...

Edited by Fionalein

The user run groups concerning Zindra were full of and useful for nothing more than drama - I am glad they are defunct.

You had users both here and over on what used to be SLU that acted as if they were owed things by Linden Lab and Goddess forbid you dared to disagree with them ...