Show and Hide Script

QueenofChaos26

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to figure out something. I made this male genitals which is a link set from flaccid to erect and im trying to make a hud and one of the things it will have is a show/hide button. But what I cant figure out is how to make it where it remembers the selected state when u hide it and only makes that selection non transparent without making the entire linkset non transparent. sorta like what you see on the huds for aeros, brandom designs, etc ettc

You have to make a specific face on that object transparent or visible, not ALL_SIDES.  If you are doing it with llSetLinkAlpha, for example, you would want to identify the specific face you are changing and then write

llSetLinkAlpha( link_number, 1.0, face_number);  // to make it visible, or

llSetLinkAlpha( link_number, 0.0, face_number);  // to make it transparent

ik how to do that but im saying how can one make it memorize the face/linknumber that was non-transparent before hiding the object from sight. for instance; my genital mesh has six states one can choose from so there is six separate buttons that represent each one. Then u have two more buttons; one that completely hides the mesh and one that makes the last selected state visible ONLY while the others remain invisible. 

Edited by QueenofChaos26

Here's one simplistic solution, it was only the first thing that came to mind (and one that doesn't take long to type out), so there are definitely more elegant ways.

(Note: This is not a complete script, I'm only demonstrating the concept of "how to hide/unhide a set of links.")

// This needs to be changed whenever appropriate, not shown here.
integer visible;

// 0 = soft, 5 = hard
integer current_state;

// list of link numbers for a specific state
list soft = [1, 2, 3];
list hard = [1, 12, 13];

{
    touch_start(integer n)
    {
        if(current_state == 0)
        {
            integer i = llGetListLength(soft);
            while(--i >= 0)
            {
                llSetLinkAlpha(llList2Integer(soft, i), visible, ALL_SIDES);
            }
        }
        else if(current_state == 5)
        {
            integer i = llGetListLength(hard);
            while(--i >= 0)
            {
                llSetLinkAlpha(llList2Integer(hard, i), visible, ALL_SIDES);
            }
        }
    }
}

That all depends on how you wrote your script, so it's a little hard to tell specifically. If you are not resetting the script at any point, you would normally just create a global variable to hold that value, and then reapply it when you need it again.  If you plan on resetting the script, you'll want to save the value somewhere that does not change, like the Description field of the root prim, and then read it and reapply it again in the state_entry event.

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That all depends on how you wrote your script, so it's a little hard to tell specifically. If you are not resetting the script at any point, you would normally just create a global variable to hold that value, and then reapply it when you need it again.  If you plan on resetting the script, you'll want to save the value somewhere that does not change, like the Description field of the root prim, and then read it and reapply it again in the state_entry event.

The minds of men never cease to re-inforce my view of them.

Um.... I'm just gonna have it setup to where it resets to default state when clicking the show button. also if anyone knows where I can find a color picker script that is basically what u see on the catwa huds in the "Alpha, Lashes, Tint, Neck-Size" Tab then i'd appreciate it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.