How2 Properly Upgrade My Avatar?

QuirkyKrystaline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some time now I have been looking to upgrade my "stock" avatar but I'm afraid of making a mess of it. I've read a number of FAQs and reviews but the entire process is still marked with confusion and uncertainty. I am looking for a complete avatar system that is capable of wearing the majority of outfits, shows, and fetish wear...that is fully functional in all activities and destinations within SL, including dating, interpersonal interactions, chatting, working, dancing, sports & recreational activities, and sex. I like the EVEmesh avatar in general but haven't decided upon a head (kinda of important probably). I would greatly appreciate some advice, guidance and would welcome someone who might enjoy taking me through the actual process.

Thanks,

Krystaline 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

There are more mesh bodies than you can shake a stick at. I would demo the popular ones, Slink, Belleza, Matreya and Eve. Some can only be found inworld. Catwa is a very good head. IMO. Feel free to IM me inworld for any questions. 

ETA, don't go with a cheap body that isn't popular as there will be very very little mesh clothing for it.

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire

Well, from what you describe, I would say that the Maitreya Lara body (which comes with hands and feet) would meet your demands quite nicely.
Also, fetish wear is well supported on that body, some stores with excellent clothing are Hugo's Design and the Original Black One but there are many more.

And when you get the Omega system relay for the Maitreya body, you can expand the amount of clothing (and other items) which will work with the body even further (this is one of my personal hard demands for my body parts).

As far as heads go, I personally like it when a head does not break the bank, so my first head was the Absolut Creation's Eve head (L$825), but I am currently wearing a group gift from Akeruka (L$150 to join the group). However, especially the head is a very personal thing, so I can't tell you which one you should get. But basically, all heads will work with all bodies and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

These are just my $0.02 worth, but as usual, get demos before buying.

P.S. I recently got myself a LAQ head which was sold at a very reasonable price (a special offer of L$1,250 if I remember correctly) but no HUD was included. Only after buying it did I realize that their HUD is sold separately and will cost you 3,000. This may be important to know if you are thinking of getting LAQ.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

Krystaline,

The whole world of mesh avatar bodies and heads is very confusing!  Two bits of advice to help reduce that a bit...

1.  Try demos!  Try demos!  Always try demos!!!!

2.  Strawberry Singh does frequent, in-depth reviews of mesh bodies and heads...and many other things as well.  She has both a blog and a YouTube channel.

Oh, and one final suggestion:  While a mesh body and/or head may make you look "better"...you can still have a very attractive avatar without them!  Don't think that you absolutely MUST run out and spend $L10,000 on your appearance to keep up with the Kardashians.

To avoid messing up your avatar, get nude. Body and hair works. Save that as an Outfit. I would probably name it !!Nude Classic. This outfit makes for a good starting point for classic outfits.

Now you can try bodies, shapes, heads, skins... whatever till your heart's content. When you are done and want to restore your avatar, just wear the !!Nude Classic Outfit.

Later when you have mesh hands, head, body,  etc. you can make another Outfit named maybe !!Nude Slink Jennifer, which in my case is my nude self with my Slink Physique body, hands, and feet and my Jennifer head by GA.EG. I start new outfits from this base outfit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.