Earn2Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have been trying to get offers through my hud for 3 days and it keeps telling me there are no offers and i should try again later. I have messaged everybody i could find relevant to this and have had no reply.I also havent been paid the money for the initial offers and its been over 4 days.

Hmmm. Interesting, first I've heard of this.

A quick Google search reveals about three different web sites, with quite different URLs, none of which seems to function very well or completely. A visit to the first listed web site reveals only two functioning pages, and the link labelled "Click here for web offers" leads to a blank page. So, maybe there are no web offers available?

I notice that you've been trying to get a response on the web chat: the "Earn2Life Restless" responder there isn't exactly articulate, and sounds kind of like bad AI, actually.

Do you personally know anyone who is successfully using this? To me, it looks like something that isn't ready for prime time yet, or has maybe even been abandoned? It doesn't, in any case, look very well run.

It's not something I've heard of before so I also did a search. I found and read a thread in this forum, and I also went to a website. From what I've read, the system was invented back in the days of camping and such, for the purpose of improving search rankings. Having to go to places, stay a while, and then get paid, and getting paid for Picks are the giveaway. Staying in places for money was called camping, and getting paid for Picks provided a link to the place. Both of them improved the search rankings.

Doing things to artificially improve rankings was outlawed years ago, so I wouldn't hold out much hope that the Earn2Life system is still running.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used to use this many years ago maybe 9-10 years ago. It was HUD based it would send you to a location make you walk around and click something on the HUD when it flashed up to prove you weren't a bot. If you didn't complete the visit properly you didn't get any L$. You could make an Ok amount of L$ but the worst thing about the system if you had an alt or another person using the same net connection also trying to use earn 2 life you'd both get banned from the system and wouldn't be able to cash out any balance you'd made.

Back in the day it was primarily used as a traffic booster and type of camping with land owners paying to be in e2l and have people visit their land for a L$ reward. Would not surprise me if since artificially improving traffic scores was outlawed that the system is no longer active 

Edited by Claireschen Hesten
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Doing things to artificially improve rankings was outlawed years ago, so I wouldn't hold out much hope that the Earn2Life system is still running.

They still ran an office 2 weeks back, so they have some money to rent lands ...

From a quick glance I saw they had other activities than traffic boosting as well.

IIRC, E2L was stopped after a series of griefing incidents at a horse farm that paid out 10L for 10 mins of walking around the sim.

Some pranksters decided to TP in and wait for the current E2L user to hit 9:40 mins on the counter, before prim-pushing him/her out of the sim. This would invalidate their visit and mean they'd spent the best part of 10 minutes walking around for nothing.

There was such a furore over this - including disgruntled (and stupid) E2L users trying to get 'revenge' by attacking the sim owner - that E2L pretty much collapsed in a flurry of infighting and mass ARs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.