I want to abandon my linden home but the option is greyed out!

Ashanti Ogleby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all

I want to abandon my new linden home and get another becauase it has 117 prims even though it appears completely empty (most of the Prims are apparently owned by me!).

I can delete the prims cos I cant see them and it means I cant rezz new objects because the parcel is full.

Linden support suggested abandonning the land and starting again - but the option to abandon land is greyed out.

Any one have any ideas ?

Ashanti

9 answers to this question

If you go to the World-menu, then About this place->About Land, you can go to the object tab and check what is on the land. You can make a selection in the list of object owners, and the objects should be highlighted. From the list, you can also return the items. In case they are yours, they will end up in your lost and found folder (as one coalesed object) that you can delete (or go to a sandbox to rez and take back individual items from).

No need, really, to abandon the house because of this...

Although, If you still want to abandon the house, you do this too from the about land dialog. In the first tab, there should be a button saying 'Abandon Land'. After, you can choose a new house from your dashboard on secondlife.com. When you abandon the house the items will also be returned to you.

- Luc -

Are you sure that you own that home or another?  Each Linden Home plot comes with 117 prims and the prims of the home do not count towards that 117.

If the abandon option is greyed out, that may not be your home!  When I am at my Linden Home, the abandon land option is available to me.

Check your email when you ordered your Linden Home and make sure you are at the correct house.

• Like 2

I had the same problem.  Each time I went to Linden Homes live chat Help.  Both times the employee had to abandon it for me.  But, even though I chose new homes and named them, when I was on my own, everytime I tried to Log in and go to my new home, the site started blinking nonstop.  I couldn't even log out of second life. Everything was stuck and blinking and repeating.."Second Life"....second life, etc..over and over.  The only way I could get out was to click the power button on my pc tower.  Sounds like a bug to me.   But this only happens in second life...I don't have this problem on any other site.  I keep forgetting how to get back to Lindon Homes Live Chat to report it .

Jeanlouisiana(Libra Lady)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but it sounds as if you get to your house by logging in to the dashboard in the web browser to click the slurl there? If so, that's not necessary. Go to your house and create a landmark. Stick in in your favorite bar and it is right there in the viewer.

That way, you do not need to have the browser open at the same time as the viewer unless you don't want to. To me it sounds like there is a conflict - a but or error of some sort - that cause the computer to lock up. It could also be a hardware fault. Not sure how to find out, though.

- Luc -

Figured it out.

I had the same problem of being unable to abandon land when I wanted to downgrade my account after getting a premium.

The land outside the walls of your house, even on what seems to be your patio or right by the front door, isn't yours to abandon, which is why the option is greyed out. Only the land under your house is yours. But when you're in the house and click on the floor  there's no "about land" option, only edit. 

The solution is to cam under your floorboards to the green ground, and then right-click. The "abandon land" button should now be live.

Edited by Catherine Darkheart
formatting error

1 hour ago, Catherine Darkheart said:

Figured it out.

I had the same problem of being unable to abandon land when I wanted to downgrade my account after getting a premium.

The land outside the walls of your house, even on what seems to be your patio or right by the front door, isn't yours to abandon, which is why the option is greyed out. Only the land under your house is yours. But when you're in the house and click on the floor  there's no "about land" option, only edit. 

The solution is to cam under your floorboards to the green ground, and then right-click. The "abandon land" button should now be live.

Or from that about land floater, general tab, abandon land at the bottom.  The land around your linden home is definitely yours to the extent shown when you check the about land option.

Unless you're talking specifically about the OLD linden homes which are as OLD as this thread.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.