Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

Then LL introduced mesh, which enabled people to upload stolen mesh from the internet

People were doing that long before LL introduced mesh. No, they weren't uploading it to SL since SL didn't have mesh per se. That's not my point. The point is mesh objects were being stolen long before LL introduced a method of uploading mesh to SL.

• Like 1

One thing is ban lines. Since the New Homes have spaces in between, these will be free to walk or fly? I think this is a good thing.

But I can imagine people feeling this is creepy, if an avatar is standing still and facing their house for a long time. Not that I would, because I know that I can turn avatars invisible inside. I am thinking about newbies. They are so easily scared, so IMs describing what they wear, when they have curtains closed, could freak them out.

Please don't get any ideas, lol.

Just now, rasterscan said:

Perfect ! Hats off !

ehm.. rules is one... doing so is two...  :)
I'm a bit affraid if there's not enough man/women hours to prevent it getting a mess... it will be one within 24 hours....ok 48  ... ( and not only during office hours... )
The situation at the current Linden homes shows it can take several days before things are solved, if this also happens at the SSP .. people will not only stop reporting, but also... if nobody acts, why not build that concrete monsterflat myself..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

I'm a bit affraid if there's not enough man/women hours to prevent it getting a mess... it will be one within 24 hours....ok 48  ... ( and not only during office hours... )
The situation at the current Linden homes shows it can take several days before things are solved, if this also happens at the SSP .. people will not only stop reporting, but also... if nobody acts, why not build that concrete monsterflat myself..

Delightful :D

11bb613d6625e8b12a5e6c5ec87494e0.thumb.jpg.7a64b2c3e47e43810143156725b62e41.jpg

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

I think it will be a rush of people grabbing the new houses and boats. And also more LL staff on duty than other times.

I do not know how it works with the old LL Homes. I do know that both Moles and Lindens are following the threads here and in the Mainland section. I think - maybe I am too naive? - that they will do their utmost in the start. As things cool down, might be that it takes time again.

So maybe one will have to wait some days, to have it solved. Is that unacceptable?

But where in SL is things solved in minutes? If you rent... your land-person is offline.... no help before he/she logs in. On Mainland, same there, you report something and you wait.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think it will be a rush of people grabbing the new houses and boats. And also more LL staff on duty than other times.

I do not know how it works with the old LL Homes. I do know that both Moles and Lindens are following the threads here and in the Mainland section. I think - maybe I am too naive? - that they will do their utmost in the start. As things cool down, might be that it takes time again.

So maybe one will have to wait some days, to have it solved. Is that unacceptable?

But where in SL is things solved in minutes? If you rent... your land-person is offline.... no help before he/she logs in. On Mainland, same there, you report something and you wait.

Huh you don't need anyone to grab a Linden home...

I know the Lab makes mistakes but why does everyone already suspect them to mess it up before it even goes live? The web interface to grab a Linden home works fine for the old homes...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

yes it is unacceptable in a way, not saying support doesn't works at it's max now.. don't get me wrong on that, but the closing hours of support, and by that the capacity, should be 24/7 on a big virtual project with so many customers online.

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

In the other thread where Patch addressed the issue of whether or not people could add porches and so forth to the outside of their homes, he also said that enforcement is going to be tighter in the new homes than they have been with the 512 homes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I know the Lab makes mistakes but why does everyone already suspect them to mess it up before it even goes live?

not LL make it a mess i think it's a great job how they upgrade the current premium homes :)  the users however...

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

In the other thread where Patch addressed the issue of whether or not people could add porches and so forth to the outside of their homes, he also said that enforcement is going to be tighter in the new homes than they have been with the 512 homes.

After allowing 4m high privacy screens?  Expect degradation to pixels slums soon with those allowed - and once that happened folks will move out and LL will get less enthusiatsic enforcing the remaining rules...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

After allowing 4m high privacy screens?  Expect degradation to pixels slums soon with those allowed - and once that happened folks will move out and LL will get less enthusiatsic enforcing the remaining rules...

I'm glad I live in a world where the glass is half full and not half empty and spilling out. I don't think I'd want to get out of bed in the morning in that kind of world.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

That can happen, and private land owners who rent out will be very happy. And those who sell houses to place on the private land will be happy. Every thing has a bright side.

A good thing is that one can abandon the LL home by just clicking a button. No selling involved, no mainland to abandon and loose the money. No landlord to leave and if you paid the rent, no need to beg for a refund. And so they can try to get another home in a less slummy neighborhood, or a boat, or go to the private owned estates.

I think there will be a certain pride for people to show off, to make their lot look good. Especially the boats. Again, I can be too optimistic.

I like change. In some months, maybe this summer, I am trying something else. Now, this is new and shiny, and I am a wide-eyed optimist. But I am still here, aren't I, after so many years.

• Like 4

On 3/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, Marianne Little said:

Aaah. I never had one, I thought the 2010 houses was ugly. So I teleport in, don't like the placement, abandon the house and try again?

Just visited the demo place, with that density of mesh house, I am sure that is unsuitable for avatar staying on ground.  That would be a lag feast.  I prefer the old, it can be pretty inside if you really think howto decorate it.  It see nowhere to live with Linden house in the future, but to live outside mainland or private estate.

9 minutes ago, Moore Jun said:

Just visited the demo place, with that density of mesh house, I am sure that is unsuitable for avatar staying on ground.  That would be a lag feast.  I prefer the old, it can be pretty inside if you really think howto decorate it.  It see nowhere to live with Linden house in the future, but to live outside mainland or private estate.

You won't know if that is really true until the continent is officially opened and you can see for yourself. The demo region is not a good way to make that judgement.

Also, I can tell you from personal experience because I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the actual region and not the demo region. The performance is substantially better in the real region.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 5

While it is not clear yet how WELL things will be policed at the new homes, ugly prim privacy walls (with textures of trees and skies for example) do not seem to be allowed. This from the covenant: 

Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems like, from the comments here that The Lab should consider DOWNSIZING the 512 home areas for those that wish to stay there and not remove them altogether.  No matter how much prettier the new homes are (agreed not everyone is as excited as Blush :D) it is clear that the old homes will work better for those with older and less powerful computers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

It seems like, from the comments here that The Lab should consider DOWNSIZING the 512 home areas for those that wish to stay there and not remove them altogether.  No matter how much prettier the new homes are (agreed not everyone is as excited as Blush :D) it is clear that the old homes will work better for those with older and less powerful computers. 

This is a good point and I agree .. how could anyone be as excited as I am. Who else has walked around with a prim the size of a small house attached while shopping, and didn't realize it  until she cammed out and saw herself from a distance! Seriously, I did that! But it was worth it to demonstrate how my current house is a bit smaller than the new Linden home I plan to move to.

I really think the phase out of the 512s will take a lot of time to accomplish. No one has to move immediately if they don't want to. Well, that's what I'm guessing. :) 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

And for those of us with no desire to have to plug avatar/account names into an on-site security system instead of using a bloody group, set to the parcel, as our method of security/gatekeeping.

Set, not deeded.

Sorry, not allowing a parcel to be set to a group is ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

And for those of us with no desire to have to plug avatar/account names into an on-site security system instead of using a bloody group, set to the parcel, as our method of security/gatekeeping.

Set, not deeded.

Sorry, not allowing a parcel to be set to a group is ridiculous.

All I saw was that you can't deed to a group, same as with the 512's.

I'm not sure where the problem is there? There is no need to deed to a group for entry control. Just set the land to the group like we always have.

8 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

All I saw was that you can't deed to a group, same as with the 512's.

I'm not sure where the problem is there? There is no need to deed to a group for entry control. Just set the land to the group like we always have.

Further back in the thread, someone quoted the Covenant for the new areas.

It included setting to group as prohibited.

It seems that has since been changed - good.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.