Jump to content

Linden Homes Preview


Psylaine Silvershade
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

The more I look at them, the more I'm thinking I might grab a houseboat using one of my alts and a house using another of my alts.  Then I can have both worlds to decorate and enjoy.  I can probably knock a 2048 plot off of my current mainland holdings.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

As you can see the Linden home is larger than the one I'm currently living in which I purchased from Barnesworth Anubis. 

 

I hope you are not going to move out your beautiful little gem of a house for one of those 2007ish looking LL houses!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

I hope you are not going to move out your beautiful little gem of a house for one of those 2007ish looking LL houses!

Sure am!! I love the challenge of taking something and making it my own. I did that with the Barnesworth house and I will do it with probably all of the new LL homes. Just wait and see what I do with those!

But thanks for calling my home a little gem. :D 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

But thanks for calling my home a little gem. 

Yep that Barnesworth is an artist. 

I am sure your new decorating project will be equally charming. 🙂

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We may hear more about the new Linden Homes and SSP during the upcoming VWBPE 2019 conference next month...

Linden Lab – Above the Book
Patch Linden (Senior Director, Product Operations) and Grumpity Linden (Senior Director, Product) will be going live at 2pm SLT on 4th April 2019 at the VWBPE Main Auditorium talking about what’s new at Linden Lab.

Should be very interesting to hear more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got up this morning and decided to test the size of the bedroom of my favorite of the new Linden Homes. So here I am with a prim attached, which is the exact size of the bed I have rezzed in my current home, standing in the bedroom. As I thought, there's plenty room for my bedroom furniture and to construct a small bathroom.

bed_001.thumb.png.1166d7831d0a0d5133b377475c06a938.png

So much for one person's opinion that you could only get a bed in the room. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I got up this morning and decided to test the size of the bedroom of my favorite of the new Linden Homes. So here I am with a prim attached, which is the exact size of the bed I have rezzed in my current home, standing in the bedroom. As I thought, there's plenty room for my bedroom furniture and to construct a small bathroom.

bed_001.thumb.png.1166d7831d0a0d5133b377475c06a938.png

So much for one person's opinion that you could only get a bed in the room. 

I don't know the English/american bed measurements. Is yours a single size? I bet I can get in my four poster bed and 2 nightstands there. Wardrobe against the new bathroom wall. That is one of the larger beds I have. Of course I can't put in all the other furniture, like the vanity table.bedroom_002.thumb.png.6119511c9c404fed1cd2bbbad112ddb8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't know the English/american bed measurements. Is yours a single size?

It looks like a standard double bed. It's not as large as a king though. If you want to visit my current home and see the bed for yourself.. compare it to your avatar, here's the slurl http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Barcola/52/146/25

Edited by Blush Bravin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't know the English/american bed measurements. Is yours a single size? I bet I can get in my four poster bed and 2 nightstands there. Wardrobe against the new bathroom wall. That is one of the larger beds I have. Of course I can't put in all the other furniture, like the vanity table.

Okay. Here is a larger bed. This one is from Bazar. I don't think anyone would think this is a small bed as her stuff tends to be a little bit on the large size. Here's a pic of me lying in the bed. My avatar is right at 6 feet tall for reference.

bed2_001.thumb.png.5613aa93fbfa781f7cd43bdf35781585.png

And now that bed in the room from two angles.

bed2_002.thumb.png.dd78bed4433afb78543f6a618664f8f9.png

bed2_003.thumb.png.f6932909607cbdfea5c959ddc8fd01e8.png

 

Hope this helps you to plan. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Blush Bravin  could have a job as a personal shopper for people looking for houses.  Wear a whole bedroom or living room or kitchen and move from room to room so her client can visualise their furniture in different homes before making a choice.  Hey Blush theres a guy looking for dungeon... His name is Mr c Grey.  Could you assist him in seeing his furniture in different options

and post the pics of course :P

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

The house looks a lot better with Shading turned on. Prok’s pics just showed textures flat. 

Have you been to the preview yet? You really must if you haven't. The houses are lovely with wonderful details. Really first rate IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Is a four poster as big as a king?

Standard queen size mattress is 60" x 80".

 

SIZES DIMENSIONS (IN) DIMENSIONS (CM)
Crib 27” X 52” 68.5cm X 132cm
Twin 39” X 75” 96.5cm X 190.5cm
Twin XL 39” X 80” 96.5cm X 203.5cm
Full 54” X 75” 134.5cm X 190.5cm
Queen 60” X 80” 152.5cm X 203.5cm
King 76” X 80” 193cm X 203.5cm
Cal King 72” X 84” 183cm X 213.5cm
Edited by Selene Gregoire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Standard queen size mattress is 60" x 80".

 

SIZES DIMENSIONS (IN) DIMENSIONS (CM)
Crib 27” X 52” 68.5cm X 132cm
Twin 39” X 75” 96.5cm X 190.5cm
Twin XL 39” X 80” 96.5cm X 203.5cm
Full 54” X 75” 134.5cm X 190.5cm
Queen 60” X 80” 152.5cm X 203.5cm
King 76” X 80” 193cm X 203.5cm
Cal King 72” X 84” 183cm X 213.5cm

now multiply by glamazon factor 1.5 to find SL size =^.^=

Edited by Fionalein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These new houses do look quite lovely, and I can feel myself a little tempted. I haven't had an actual home (as opposed to store or whatever) in SL since . . . 2009? Maybe 2010? It would be fun.

But I do wish LL offered things that weren't quite so suburban? (And no, not a hobbit hole or elven tree house.) I'd be far more tempted by a really nice (and largish) loft or urban townhouse or Recency terrace or something like that. Or a Parisian garret!!!

Maybe the houseboats are a little different? I don't honestly know what's available.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

That is partly because of that one's steadfast resolution to only use off-the-shelf, store bought computers.

I tend to use store bought computers - well mostly anyway.  I  typically will buy from an online store and customize it a bit.  I also always make sure I'm buying something fully capable of being in SL on high settings and also ensuring the setup will run multiple viewers at once, along with a ton of other apps all at the same time.  Most of the reason I buy fully setup systems is that I'm just too lazy to do a full build on my own, though I did have my son do one for me once -- he loves doing that kind of stuff.

 

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

These new houses do look quite lovely, and I can feel myself a little tempted. I haven't had an actual home (as opposed to store or whatever) in SL since . . . 2009? Maybe 2010? It would be fun.

But I do wish LL offered things that weren't quite so suburban? (And no, not a hobbit hole or elven tree house.) I'd be far more tempted by a really nice (and largish) loft or urban townhouse or Recency terrace or something like that. Or a Parisian garret!!!

Maybe the houseboats are a little different? I don't honestly know what's available.

The houseboats are definitely interesting and different from typical suburbia. If you haven't at least popped over for a look, you should.

LL has already said that there will be multiple themes, like there are multiple themes now.  They are just starting with the preview stuff.  Who knows, maybe as they roll them out down the road, one of them will be to you liking.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Maybe the houseboats are a little different? I don't honestly know what's available.

Like Lil said, the houseboats have a very different feel to them. Go give them a look. And with 4,000 regions being the goal for the New Linden Homes, I'm sure we've only seen the tip of the iceberg so to speak. It's going to be interesting to see what else they come up with over time.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL has already said that there will be multiple themes, like there are multiple themes now.  They are just starting with the preview stuff.  Who knows, maybe as they roll them out down the road, one of them will be to you liking.

I was going to paste in a photo of the "other" houses (green roofs with red "chimneys").  As they were VERY different (two sims had them) but alas they are GONE today.   Ah well. Eventually the mystery will likely be solved. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...