Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

45 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

If you get rid of the surrounding hill you look against the bare sides of the pool.

It's possible to remove the grass, then using standard prims create a concrete surround that has nicely finished walls with steps going up to the pool surface area. You will have to be handy with using cuts and hollows to get prims to work but they can.

In fact, if you want to use this and once we are actually able to get to the homes and start rezzing, I will happily come to your home and build you a surround for that pool if your heart is set on using it.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

If you get rid of the surrounding hill you look against the bare sides of the pool. I am not into MESH- making so I couldn't make any other hill that fits better. The problem stays: if you make it smaller it will get steeper and uglier. You need a minimum HEIGHT to make the pool work. I allready reduced the hight by a false floor.

If we can't get the ground texture, the grass around the pool can be tinted to match better, and flowers or a ring of stepping stores around the edges. Nobody notices a difference so much if two textures is separated with something.

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

If we can't get the ground texture, the grass around the pool can be tinted to match better, and flowers or a ring of stepping stores around the edges. Nobody notices a difference so much if two textures is separated with something.

The problem is by leaving that grass surround you are loosing a lot of valuable gardening space when it's easy to build a nice platform with steps for the pool. Personally it would aggravate me no end to not have the grass matching .. I'd constantly be looking at it. But I'm (wow - did not realize a personality description would get censored) I freely admit. :D 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The problem is by leaving that grass surround you are loosing a lot of valuable gardening space when it's easy to build a nice platform with steps for the pool. Personally it would aggravate me no end to not have the grass matching .. I'd constantly be looking at it. But I'm ***** .. I freely admit. :D 

True... If I have a pool I will go for it, I think. Now that it's a sale, I can get several pools. The Roman Pool will be my type. https://www.flickr.com/photos/tyaf/28252653465/in/dateposted/   I know it's stupid to buy things when I am not using them now, but it is so tempting... sale....

Edited by Marianne Little
added link
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

True... If I have a pool I will go for it, I think. Now that it's a sale, I can get several pools. The Roman Pool will be my type. https://www.flickr.com/photos/tyaf/28252653465/in/dateposted/   I know it's stupid to buy things when I am not using them now, but it is so tempting... sale....

That's a lovely pool and basically ready to have a set of steps leading up to the pool deck. And if you love something and it's on sale .. it's your duty to buy it now .. or it will cost you more money later. Didn't you take economics in school?  .. Ummmm I mean SL economics :P

• Haha 1

Well I am not really SET on THAT pool - nor on any pool at all. But IF I want to have a pool I will construct something with grass sourrounding it, maybe bushes aswell, nothing like a sqare plattform with bricks or wood as walls around it and a ladder or stairs going to it. IF some such I would prefer the Patio Type @Blush Bravin posted on Page 16. ... with flowerd on both sides...

22 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

That's a lovely pool and basically ready to have a set of steps leading up to the pool deck. And if you love something and it's on sale .. it's your duty to buy it now .. or it will cost you more money later. Didn't you take economics in school?  .. Ummmm I mean SL economics :P

But, but if I don't use it now, I will buy another one in Fameshed in May. (or when another pool is sold in another event) One of my first sale splurges was in a certain hairstore, and I think I only used 1/3 of the hairs I bought.... Sales are expensive because I am exited and buy a lot/bit more than I can use. 🙄

Speaking about sales, I don't dare to let my alts in the Truth sale.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

If it doesn't, though I would think it would, but if it doesn't, we can always ask nicely to have it added to the content pack that will come with the homes.

What sort of content pack will come with the homes? In the old homes you get no "bontent pack" you just can change the textures of walls, roof, and so on, by going to a website and clicking. In the new homes seems there will be a sort of texture HUD inworld ... but what would be MOST desirable would be TEXTURES you can USE also on your own creations - such as extra walls or doors in the room, or hills in the garden. So couldn't they just put the textures they use in their Linden- Homes in the LIBRARY?? - at least the gras texture and the wall textures??

If anyone ever talks to a Linden - PLEASE suggest that!

7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What sort of content pack will come with the homes? In the old homes you get no "bontent pack" you just can change the textures of walls, roof, and so on, by going to a website and clicking. In the new homes seems there will be a sort of texture HUD inworld ... but what would be MOST desirable would be TEXTURES you can USE also on your own creations - such as extra walls or doors in the room, or hills in the garden. So couldn't they just put the textures they use in their Linden- Homes in the LIBRARY?? - at least the gras texture and the wall textures??

If anyone ever talks to a Linden - PLEASE suggest that!

There are contents pack available for the old Linden Homes that contain all the textures used in those homes. In the Horizon's area there are content packs that are available through the mailbox to anyone who owns one of those parcels. I have gotten content packs for the textures used in my region of mainland as well. I don't know what's going to be available for the New Linden Homes except that Patch specifically said content packs would be available because I specifically asked him about the house textures. So we'll just have to wait and see what's inside the pack.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But, but if I don't use it now, I will buy another one in Fameshed in May. (or when another pool is sold in another event) One of my first sale splurges was in a certain hairstore, and I think I only used 1/3 of the hairs I bought.... Sales are expensive because I am exited and buy a lot/bit more than I can use. 🙄

Speaking about sales, I don't dare to let my alts in the Truth sale.

I am really bad about sales, especially the 'closing down' ones where things get marked down dirt cheap.  More so with clothing or hair, but I have done a lot of L$ damage at home & garden stores too.  

I'm looking forward to logging in later and going to the Truth sale, though I tend to buy 75% of the Truth store every time there is a huge sale. 

Yeah, I don't end up wearing/using half of what I buy at the sales.  I'm pretty sure I bough everything at Last Call and Simone when they closed and probably more than half is still in inventory unpacked or at the least, never worn.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

12 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

There are contents pack available for the old Linden Homes that contain all the textures used in those homes. In the Horizon's area there are content packs that are available through the mailbox to anyone who owns one of those parcels. I have gotten content packs for the textures used in my region of mainland as well. I don't know what's going to be available for the New Linden Homes except that Patch specifically said content packs would be available because I specifically asked him about the house textures. So we'll just have to wait and see what's inside the pack.

Im am not in the horizons area but hopping about testing standard Linden homes while waiting for the new ones.

I never saw any content pack. Where do I get that?

17 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Im am not in the horizons area but hopping about testing standard Linden homes while waiting for the new ones.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000134947-linden-homes

Scroll down nearly to the end of the page until you get to the sub-heading "textures". You will see a list of Infohubs where the textures for each of the themed areas of the current Linden homes are located. Clink on the link for a tp.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As Blush said,

32 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

In the Horizon's area there are content packs that are available through the mailbox to anyone who owns one of those parcels.

If you own a parcel in Horizons, just click your mailbox and chose the right menu selection to get the Content Pack. I think we can assume that the same system will work in the New Linden Homes.

Edited by Rolig Loon

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you own a parcel in Horizons,

29 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Im am not in the horizons area

I think you misread her comment Rolig.

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I think we can assume that the same system will work in the New Linden Homes.

But I agree, I think the system will work very much the same. The question is what will be in the pack. In Horizons you also get some of the new plants and all the textures. I'm kind of hoping that they will include doors and windows that match the ones in the houses. It's going to be a pain to try and recreate those to add into additions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think you misread her comment Rolig.

Not really, but that's OK.  I wasn't commenting about where she could find the current Linden Homes texture packs.  I was looking ahead, as you were, and playing off of the more recent example of Horizons.  There isn't likely to be much demand for the old LH texture packs in the future.  🙂

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Not really, but that's OK.  I wasn't commenting about where she could find the current Linden Homes texture packs.  I was looking ahead, as you were, and playing off of the more recent example of Horizons.  There isn't likely to be much demand for the old LH texture packs in the future.  🙂

I was answering her question about where to find the textures for the old Linden Homes. She wanted to play around with those while waiting.

• Thanks 1

Just a historical note, both Bay City and the original Linden Homes had free texture packs for everyone on opening. I had them at one time.  Didn't keep them obviously as I am not a hoarder in any reality.  So perhaps they will just put out that sign with the textures examples on it (the one at the preview) and let folks pick up the textures if they want them -- when things open.   

Meanwhile I want to see those TRAILERS in the PARK :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

The question is what will be in the pack. In Horizons you also get some of the new plants and all the textures. I'm kind of hoping that they will include doors and windows that match the ones in the houses. It's going to be a pain to try and recreate those to add into additions.

@Patch Linden - In case you are aren't closely following this thread, note Blush's comment here about contents of the texture pack.  Add to that a previous comment about hoping the grass texture is also included.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

AWESOME POOL! I'mma get it too! Lol

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Patch Linden - In case you are aren't closely following this thread, note Blush's comment here about contents of the texture pack.  Add to that a previous comment about hoping the grass texture is also included.  

I was hoping you'd add the packs. But I've already matched the wall colors so closely even I can't tell the difference. I'm adding them to texture change wall partitions. Could use them for the outdoor brick bases though.

17 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

I was hoping you'd add the packs. But I've already matched the wall colors so closely even I can't tell the difference. I'm adding them to texture change wall partitions. Could use them for the outdoor brick bases though.

They had already said that the house texture packs, both outside and inside, would be available to us.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.