Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

A low cost alternative for a pool where you can actually swim freely - just like in Linden waters.

1. You need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-Decorative-Pool-w-Animated-Material-Water-any-texture-mod-copy/2536801
2. And you need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AT-Swimmer/5646038

Total cost 10 L$ only!

The AT swimmer has swimming HUD and a script which enables you to make any prim as swimmable prim water. It has has easy to follow instructions too.

Here's what I made with those two things (I added sauna at the other end of the pool:
2019-04-03_Pool.thumb.jpg.0c6931edcbdf947bf948fc9445d6a5f1.jpg

Just beautiful, I forgot to ask where the sauna is from when you posted before?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Just beautiful, I forgot to ask where the sauna is from when you posted before?

The Sauna stove with some accessories:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Loimukivi-Finnish-Sauna-Experience-Loimutar-Sport-Sauna-Stove-Kiuas/5643603

The Sauna bench with Sauna whip:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Loimukivi-Sauna-Tiered-Bench-ZA-Natural-Colors/5645106

Bathtub:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BADEWANNE-MIT-WASSER-UND-ANIMATION/6701813

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pearlean said:

I can't TP to my new Linden Home.

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

.. you have none, there are no new Linden Homes released yet, only a preview location

Unless you mean your current Linden Home.   There have been quite a few people with teleport problems this past week.  You may be one of them.  For now, you may have more success if you try logging in to that location directly instead of logging in somewhere else and teleporting there.  Use the drop-down menu on your login screen to say where you want to arrive in world as you log in  ("My Home" is the obvious choice if you have already used World >>> Set Home to Here to identify the Linden Home as your home address.  If you haven't, just give the region name and fly to your home from there.)

• Like 1

I've been up to my old tricks - wearing prims. I wanted to try and demonstrate what I meant about extending the foundation of the house and adding steps to a pool. 

pool_001.thumb.png.ca4087f57c13dfe72785fd30c9140c55.png

pool_003.thumb.png.b88cbb9bba82c5d31972261e10d933f0.png

I use the swimmer a lot when swimming in open water or for really large pools. The depth of this pool will work with the swimmer but honestly, I prefer much deeper water for using the swimmer. For water this deep I would use pool floats or integrated animations like you use with furniture. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Dons my sprinting shoes - I don't want to end up 3 blocks from the water :/

I said this earlier in the thread (or another thread?).

I am told: We are given a random house (random placement) and then we can abandon it and try again. 5 times per 24 hours can we do this.

But, as soon as I get a house close to water, I will stop trying. The best houses will be taken, until it's only "inland" houses left.

It is realistic to assume that the best locations will be taken i a couple of days, isn't it?

I don't think the whole continent will be full.

What's your thoughts about this? I never had one of the ugly old houses. It didn't matter so much then, wasn't the landscape the same bland one all over?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I said this earlier in the thread (or another thread?).

I am told: We are given a random house (random placement) and then we can abandon it and try again. 5 times per 24 hours can we do this.

But, as soon as I get a house close to water, I will stop trying.

The ones close to water are the houseboats... :)

But yes, I agree, I think there's more scope to get a better or worse location this time round. The old ones, they're all worse. Although to be fair, my current Linden Home is right on the edge of its area and backs up onto open land with woods and a road, so I've probably got one of the best positions anyway. 

55 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

The ones close to water are the houseboats... :)

You remember the preview we saw? The houses that had a backyard with a small gate out to the piers with boats. That would be perfect, with a view out from the second floor balcony.

But any house where you can see the water and boats is what I hope for.

Will I take an inland house? Maybe. Probably. It can be better than I think.

Edited by Marianne Little

On 4/3/2019 at 6:58 PM, alielgreen said:

Taking advantage of the pool issue, does anyone know of a swimming pool that really does swim? or an animation? Because all I buy only has a pose to sit somewhere in the pool, not swim. Which does not make any sense ...😑

This one can be finicky to get the water working, but it's free and full perm so you can share it with visiting friends. It seems to be very sensitive to any changes in the water prim, so best to get that in place first. It got very upset with me when I brought it over from my build area and resized and rotated it. Got there in the end with a fresh water prim though. Works a treat in Linden water if you want to just try out the animations.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Thors-Oak-Swim-Animations-Test-Version-with-HUD/3308143

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

L'ho detto prima nella discussione (o in un'altra discussione?).

Mi è stato detto: ci viene assegnata una casa a caso (posizionamento casuale) e quindi possiamo abbandonarla e riprovare. 5 volte ogni 24 ore possiamo farlo.

Ma, non appena avrò una casa vicino all'acqua, smetterò di provarci. Verranno prese le migliori case, finché non rimarranno solo le case "interne".

È realistico presumere che le posizioni migliori saranno prese tra un paio di giorni, non è vero?

Non credo che l'intero continente sarà pieno.

Cosa ne pensi di questo? Non ho mai avuto una delle brutte vecchie case. Non importava molto allora, il paesaggio non era lo stesso blando?

..ops so it won't be once you leave the land of your current home that you can choose the new one, are you sure we will be assigned a random one? and if I do not like the new one, I abandon it, will an email be sent to me with the LM with the second, third, fourth, fifth time I have abandoned it? sorry if they seem silly questions but it's the first time I've been in this situation

37 minutes ago, deplove said:

.ops so it won't be once you leave the land of your current home that you can choose the new one,

If you don't like the parcel you've been assigned you simply abandon it using the land menu. Then you go back to your account in the web and use "get your home now" button to start the process over again. 

are you sure we will be assigned a random one?

You will always be assigned a new parcel randomly.

and if I do not like the new one, I abandon it, will an email be sent to me with the LM with the second, third, fourth, fifth time I have abandoned it?

You can abandon up to five times a day. I don't remember ever getting an email but it's been a long time since I did this, so my memory may be faulty. You can get the parcel slurl from your account page in the web by pressing the "get your home now" button. It will take you to the "details of (your name) home" page. 

This is how the current Linden homes page works. The new homes will be slightly different in that you will change the color of walls and such from a control panel in the home rather than the web page, but obtaining a new home should work approximately the same as it does now.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 4:04 PM, Blush Bravin said:

I've been up to my old tricks - wearing prims. I wanted to try and demonstrate what I meant about extending the foundation of the house and adding steps to a pool. 

pool_001.thumb.png.ca4087f57c13dfe72785fd30c9140c55.png

pool_003.thumb.png.b88cbb9bba82c5d31972261e10d933f0.png

I use the swimmer a lot when swimming in open water or for really large pools. The depth of this pool will work with the swimmer but honestly, I prefer much deeper water for using the swimmer. For water this deep I would use pool floats or integrated animations like you use with furniture. 

Did you build the whole pool yourself or did you use the one @Marianne Little recommended ...

You need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-Decorative-Pool-w-Animated-Material-Water-any-texture-mod-copy/2536801

I kept experimenting with the curved pool in the hill and found you could reduce the hight without disturbing the animations - even the diving animations still work. You can see the grass shining through, but to get rid of that it is enough to just insert a round thin board at the bottom with an aquablue colour.

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I kept experimenting with the curved pool in the hill and found you could reduce the hight without disturbing the animations - even the diving animations still work. You can see the grass shining through, but to get rid of that it is enough to just insert a round thin board at the bottom with an aquablue colour.

I never thought about that. I was focused on "can't terraform". Duh. So simple when I think about it.

The sale in PM is lasting 4 days more, until April 10th. I already bought too much, but not one of the pools.

I debated with myself and will perhaps pick up one or two of them, but I will not use large pools for now. Only a tub. I will focus on greenhouse and other things.

Since I will get one alt in a houseboat, it will be possible to swim from it, and have deck chairs, sunbeds and bathing stuff there. We're all having build and edit rights for each other.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Did you build the whole pool yourself or did you use the one @Marianne Little recommended ...

You need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-Decorative-Pool-w-Animated-Material-Water-any-texture-mod-copy/2536801

I just used prims to demonstrate placement. When I actually make my pool add-on for the Linden Homes I will create a mesh pool where the pool will have a bottom and everything will line up nicely. I'm not fond of the square or rectangle look so will most likely make a couple versions with different pool styles.

I'm not sure what I'll do about animations at this point. I do have the tools to install animations though most of my animations are older so I might be buying new ones. I'm just not certain at this point.

• Like 1

@Marianne Little

...The sale in PM is lasting 4 days more, until April 10th. I already bought too much, but not one of the pools.

I debated with myself and will perhaps pick up one or two of them, but I will not use large pools for now....

I think I payed 300L$ or so for the kidney shaped pool. It has LOTS of lovely animations and as you can disassemble it an take them away as little trasparent pads (4 or 5 different kinds) and glue them to any other pool the money is well spent only for those animations

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I think I payed 300L$ or so for the kidney shaped pool. It has LOTS of lovely animations and as you can disassemble it an take them away as little trasparent pads (4 or 5 different kinds) and glue them to any other pool the money is well spent only for those animations

I am constantly doing just this. I have several homes I've bought from various creators that have lovely pools with animations. So I've used them with pools I've build for myself. Because of this I've not bought any new animations in a long time but I've not been selling anything with animations in it so perhaps now is the time to invest in swimming animations.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

This is the smallest I can get the pool. Tested it and might sqeeze it in

40583814763_cc64bb4dc5_c.jpg

If it is modifiable, can you not get rid of the green lawn surround entirely?  Then you could add any surround that you like and that fit better.

This does bring a question to mind though: We will have a texture pack for the house.  I wonder if that will include the grass texture.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

If you get rid of the surrounding hill you look against the bare sides of the pool. I am not into MESH- making so I couldn't make any other hill that fits better. The problem stays: if you make it smaller it will get steeper and uglier. You need a minimum HEIGHT to make the pool work. I allready reduced the hight by a false floor.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

47 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This does bring a question to mind though: We will have a texture pack for the house.  I wonder if that will include the grass texture.

If it doesn't, though I would think it would, but if it doesn't, we can always ask nicely to have it added to the content pack that will come with the homes.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

THey also have a lovely outdoor shower. That might fit the small garden better.

Gosh, I already bought a lot. But after April 10th it's retired. I must go back. She is really good with textures. Some of the things is too LI heavy. But some is fine. I check the LI on everything. If something look really good I might buy it even if it's more LI than I feel I can use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.