Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You could make the entire back area of your yard a raised area. First, add some prims to the side of the pool to match the green surrounding area of the pool. Then make a little fence to place in the front where you go from the lower height of the garden to the new higher area (the rest of the fence is the one you see already in place that would surround your raised area).
Have some steps going up to this raised area at a break in your created fence part.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The pool you saw me wearing has lots of nice animations ... BUT ... how do I get it into the ground when I am not allowed any terraforming? I tested it in a sandbox and there was no way. Do you know of a method to lower a pool into the earth - like it would be in RL?

33594661618_79c1b89c71_c.jpg
SwimmingPool by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

you can't lower that pool into the ground but if  it is this pool: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Garden-Swimming-Pool/12578961

( only 10L on MP) You can choose the lawn option pool and Edit Linked pieces and deepen the pool ground so it's a small hill. You might need to shrink and adjust but it should fit

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The pool you saw me wearing has lots of nice animations ... BUT ... how do I get it into the ground when I am not allowed any terraforming? I tested it in a sandbox and there was no way. Do you know of a method to lower a pool into the earth - like it would be in RL?

33594661618_79c1b89c71_c.jpg
SwimmingPool by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

If I were to try and use this pool the first thing I'd do is remove the grass textured prims. Then I would shrink the pool a little bit so that the scale is more in keeping with the house and yard while also leaving it deep enough for swimming. Then I would construct a deck around the pool with steps leading down to a concrete patio with pool side furniture on the patio.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On your photo it looks just fine. But when I rezzed it in a sandbox it didn't. When you rezz it on the ground the INNER part of the pool is nice but between the edge of the OUTER part and the ground there is a big GAP. When I lower it very carefully JUST so that there is no gap any longer then the inner part is partly covered by lawn.

47530529181_2c141073c6_c.jpg
Pool_High by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

32588124147_1ff9846c0e_c.jpg
Pool_Low by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

On your photo it looks just fine. But when I rezzed it in a sandbox it didn't. When you rezz it on the ground the INNER part of the pool is nice but between the edge of the OUTER part and the ground there is a big GAP. When I lower it very carefully JUST so that there is no gap any longer then the inner part is partly cobered by ground.

47530529181_2c141073c6_c.jpg
Pool_High by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

32588124147_1ff9846c0e_c.jpg[/url
]Pool_Low by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Hon, first you need the other pool in the pack. With the lawn. Hon Friend me and tp me. I'll help you.

13 minutes ago, alielgreen said:

Taking advantage of the pool issue, does anyone know of a swimming pool that really does swim? or an animation? Because all I buy only has a pose to sit somewhere in the pool, not swim. Which does not make any sense ...😑

I found this, which looks promising ... but not bought or tested it yet

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Swim-HUD/11476 you must buy one that works with prim water on top of linden wtaer to be able to use it in a pool - you may need specially prepared prim water so buy a mod pool ;)

17 minutes ago, alielgreen said:

Taking advantage of the pool issue, does anyone know of a swimming pool that really does swim? or an animation? Because all I buy only has a pose to sit somewhere in the pool, not swim. Which does not make any sense ...😑

I know  where animations are but do you know, are you comfortable using avi sitter? Otherwise it's balls

Edited by Trinity Aironaut

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I found this, which looks promising ... but not bought or tested it yet

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Swim-HUD/11476 you must buy one that works with prim water on top of linden wtaer to be able to use it in a pool - you may need specially prepared prim water so buy a mod pool ;)

It does look promising. I'd buy it if I didn't add my own animations already,

1 hour ago, alielgreen said:

I got that Kidney Pool very cheap at Pixel Mode - they have a sale going I do not know if they are still open though. It has lots of lovely animations sit, Yoga AND swim an dive - lots! and it is mod! You can take them out and put them into a smaller pool. I finally fixed my new pool wizj the hill ... put in some of the animations . Happily floating. Just forgot to put on my bathing suit.

33654446988_4e13cb051e_c.jpg
Pool_Float by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus

The best pool I have is from Harrys outdoor living. But it's big. I haven't had time to look at it properly, how much I can cut and slice it.

The great thing with it, if you are social and is entertaining guests, the pool gives out swim huds if you click on the HUD giver. (Of course it only works in Harry's pools).

I was wondering if I should buy his Infinity Ko Samui and fit it in a frame. It is not made for a backyard, of course.

Until then, I got this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Easy-Set-Swimming-Pool-wDeck-Privacy-Screen-and-Menu-Poolside-Animations/11719034

😉

• Like 1

A low cost alternative for a pool where you can actually swim freely - just like in Linden waters.

1. You need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-Decorative-Pool-w-Animated-Material-Water-any-texture-mod-copy/2536801
2. And you need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AT-Swimmer/5646038

Total cost 10 L$ only!

The AT swimmer has swimming HUD and a script which enables you to make any prim as swimmable prim water. It has has easy to follow instructions too.

Here's what I made with those two things (I added sauna at the other end of the pool:
2019-04-03_Pool.thumb.jpg.0c6931edcbdf947bf948fc9445d6a5f1.jpg

Testing with mock-up  how it fits in the garden:
2019-03-26_Pool-on-parcel.thumb.jpg.8e9fc18d42a9f34edd9d6f69f7f3519d.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

A low cost alternative for a pool where you can actually swim freely - just like in Linden waters.

1. You need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-Decorative-Pool-w-Animated-Material-Water-any-texture-mod-copy/2536801
2. And you need this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AT-Swimmer/5646038

Total cost 10 L$ only!

The AT swimmer has swimming HUD and a script which enables you to make any prim as swimmable prim water. It has has easy to follow instructions too.

Here's what I made with those two things (I added sauna at the other end of the pool:
2019-04-03_Pool.thumb.jpg.0c6931edcbdf947bf948fc9445d6a5f1.jpg

Testing with mock-up  how it fits in the garden:
2019-03-26_Pool-on-parcel.thumb.jpg.8e9fc18d42a9f34edd9d6f69f7f3519d.jpg

Awesome....thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.