Linden Homes Preview

Psylaine Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Strange, if you don't have to - why do they write it in their wiki then?

Perhaps read the whole entry .. one of the ways to make it private is .. and I quote from the wiki:

• Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

if you actually set the parcel to private .. so that others cannot see or hear inside the parcel lines . you can have sex on the lawn .. there is a difference.

Added: 

Your inability to see the difference reminds me of how you were insisting that the new Linden Homes covenant was the same as the old and that we wouldn't be able to build onto the exterior of our homes. It took two Lindens coming into the forums to clear that up for you. Do we need them to do that again?

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I see no problem in having adult furniture, even in the garden. Most of my furniture is adult though nowadays I don't use it that way. It is several years now since I last indulged in any adult activities in SL, but I can do so if I want - just like in real life. But in RL your neighbours cannot scan through your walls and curtains and see you naked in your bath or making love with your husband. So for me it is a matter of course to set the avatars on my parcel to invisible, for what I usually do in my SL home is standing around naked, unpacking parcels and trying on clothes.

And if you do set avatars to invisible that refers to the whole parcel, garden aswell as house so (contrary to RL) nobody will see me taking a shower in my garden unless he walks in. But how do I keep people from walking into my garden? Maybe I ivnest in an orbit - which would you advise? - or I keep access restricted to people I whitelist. But that will set uo those banlines, won't it? On the other hand I can make them invisible - anyone can - but that lies in the eyes (viewer) of the beholder. What's wrong with banlines then? And what's the alternative?

I found an orbit script on the MP only 299L$ - is that a good one?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Security-Orb-Set-Full-Perm-Set/4461266

Same as you, I don't use the adult menu. I have bought things on sale, like in this C88 round, the adult menu sofa is only 100 L more than the PG, so it made sense to buy the adult "just in case".

I must rez my furniture and look at a favorite or two. Some of it does not have the options "set to public", "owner only" and "group". Imagine that.

Even if I don't use the adult menu, I must stop others from doing it. I am sure it is the landowner who get the blame if the furniture is open for others, and some couple goes for public exposure. Besides, I am not a prude, but I do not like people coming over and use my place for their hook-ups. I had a couple "going at it" when I was in talking distance.

I don't like ban lines, they are ugly. I like this security system: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Guest-Box-Easy-To-Use-Security-System-7-Colors/6907702

because it does not work in a radius. Round security spheres is so annoying, I have square or rectangular land. If I want the corners protected with a round orb, the security must spill over on the sides, and that is a no-no. I can not zap those outside of the parcel. But this security system that only cost 10 L, I edit the notecard and set the NE and SW coordinates. It then work between the two points. The height can also be set freely. It is very accurate.

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Even if I don't use the adult menu, I must stop others from doing it. I am sure it is the landowner who get the blame if the furniture is open for others, and some couple goes for public exposure. ..

Well I remeber many years ago - in fact it was when I started in 2007 - my first SL - love and I used to secretly use peoples beds *blushes*

I actually don't mind very much what people might do in my house as long as I am not there. And I am sure you are not breaking any TOS if you dont prevent strangers to use your adult furniture because ... even if they "go for" public exposure ... no one outside your parcel will see them inside your parcel! ... though they might not realize that! ;)

The reason that I want an orb (and thanks for recommending the rectangualr one - I'll get that!) is that I do not like a stranger suddenly standing next to me in my bedroom while I am naked testing clothes. ... which happened lately in a private home I rent. It has an orb but it asked me what to do and I was quite starteled and shocked and it lasted a few seconds before I reacted.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, Solar Legion said:

And for those of us with no desire to have to plug avatar/account names into an on-site security system instead of using a bloody group, set to the parcel, as our method of security/gatekeeping.

Set, not deeded.

Sorry, not allowing a parcel to be set to a group is ridiculous.

You know I reread that. It says House is not allowed to be  set to group, not parcel. But I'm thinking now that the mailbox rezzer might not work if parcel is set to a group other then the one the mailbox is set in. As for ban lines.........I'm glad the ugly things aren't allowed.

10 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

You know I reread that. It says House is not allowed to be  set to group, not parcel. But I'm thinking now that the mailbox rezzer might not work if parcel is set to a group other then the one the mailbox is set in. As for ban lines.........I'm glad the ugly things aren't allowed.

You're quoting something that was corrected further into the thread. The parcels are allowed and in fact encouraged to set to group. It cannot be deeded to group. Ban lines are not disallowed.

6 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

If they do it like they did in the old Linden Homes - which they probably will/have - the mailbox is the root prim, that way the house does not count against the parcel. What group each is set to is irrelevant, as far as the system is concerned it's all on the same parcel as the mailbox.

You can turn off ban lines in World > Show More (At least in Firestorm you can, can't say for sure on any other viewer)

4 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

If they do it like they did in the old Linden Homes - which they probably will/have - the mailbox is the root prim, that way the house does not count against the parcel. What group each is set to is irrelevant, as far as the system is concerned it's all on the same parcel as the mailbox.

You can turn off ban lines in World > Show More (At least in Firestorm you can, can't say for sure on any other viewer)

And as I understand it, not only does the house not count against the parcel, but all the landscaping around does not count either. The new trees, flowers, hedges and garden fences is really pretty, but in all fairness, moles does not have to worry about LI.

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

moles does not have to worry about LI.

There's no such thing as free LI. The moles have to make sure the total LI of the houses & landscaping plus other landscaping on the region don't exceed the land impact limit of the area that's outside of the house parcels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

There's no such thing as free LI. The moles have to make sure the total LI of the houses & landscaping plus other landscaping on the region don't exceed the land impact limit of the area that's outside of the house parcels.

It was crude said of me, of course they have a limit.

But they have a continent to play with, does not have just a parcel. They can use the empty areas or low impact areas to add more decor in the other areas. Me on the other hand, have no low impact area if I buy an empty 1024m. Using small flower groups of 5 LI and trees in double digits would be too LI-consuming. In my opinion, a 1 or 2 LI tree, as I have been using, is not so beautiful as the new LL oak trees.

So the area around the houses is prettier than I could make with my landscaping. The total effect is great, no wasteland with empty ground around me.

That said, I will try and try and hope for luck so I get a house close to the boats in hope for a sea view. B|

11 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

pool with water and stairs is 4 prims. 15 more for hedges, loungers and umbrella. will fit in the back yard with room for a garden

all new LL houses as shown come with a hedge or fenced parcel..save some LI :)

1 hour ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

I took a page out of Blushes Book With the kitchen. That little stove top with the flame boosted this up to 19 prim

kitchen.jpg

Oh my! I made that kitchen furniture so long ago. I hadn't even thought about using it in the new homes .. I will now! Thanks for reminding me. :) 

Btw, the sink is from Post not me.

Edited by Blush Bravin

Just now, Trinity Aironaut said:

I know, but it fits perfectly

Oh I know it does. I made the kitchen cabinets with that sink in mind and noted that in the description of the furniture. So I was certain you knew that, but I wanted to be sure that anyone else seeing the picture would know I hadn't made the sink. :) 

2 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

pool with water and stairs is 4 prims. 15 more for hedges, loungers and umbrella. will fit in the back yard with room for a garden

But can you swim in it? If it's not possible to swim in it... Maybe I can slaughter one of my swimmable pools, pick of every unnecessary piece and shrink it.

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But can you swim in it? If it's not possible to swim in it... Maybe I can slaughter one of my swimmable pools, pick of every unnecessary piece and shrink it.

Not only can I swim in it I'll add animations for 3 to it. But I'd still like to see yours

Edited by Trinity Aironaut

19 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Not only can I swim in it I'll add animations for 3 to it. But I'd still like to see Yours

It will take some time. And it's not "my pool" as in "I made it" but I bought it. But it has a diving board, I will keep it. So it will be more LI than 4.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:34 PM, Marianne Little said:

It will take some time. And it's not "my pool" as in "I made it" but I bought it. But it has a diving board, I will keep it. So it will be more LI than 4.

The pool you saw me wearing has lots of nice animations ... BUT ... how do I get it into the ground when I am not allowed any terraforming? I tested it in a sandbox and there was no way. Do you know of a method to lower a pool into the earth - like it would be in RL?

33594661618_79c1b89c71_c.jpg
SwimmingPool by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus

27 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

BUT ... how do I get it into the ground when I am not allowed any terraforming? I tested it in a sandbox and there was no way. Do you know of a method to lower a pool into the earth - like it would be in RL?

not possible, but you can use (mesh/prim) landscaping parts to make the edges more natural and let it fit in the garden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.